Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take?
Could still be looking at a tackle in the draft... We had brought Andre back last year to play OG... and well things changed
Reply/Quote
I kind of expect them to take a center, even though I have my doubts (mainly because I want them to do this). It eliminates having to pay Bodine FA money, and why would they want to? His play is far inferior to Zeitler and Whit, and they were replaced with economics in mind. WTS, it wouldn't surprise me if a TE catches their attention.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:17 AM)ah5 Wrote: BPA, if it's a QB so be it.  Kinda hoping for Price / Hernandez.  If Allen or Jackson is there at 21 it would be stupid not to draft them.  Wasn't Rodgers drafted at 21?

No QBs in round 1 FFS
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anything is open there.

Da’ron Payne or taven Bryan at dt

Rashaan Evans or vander eshe at lb

4-5 o lineman there

Lamar Jackson?

Courtland sutton? Doubt wr here tho

Cb? Maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I would love for them to pick up Lamar as Andy's backup, but it has to be in the 2nd or more probably the 3rd round....
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 02:16 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I'm thinking it will be BPA besides QB/WR/RB. I think we will get those later by RD 5. But I'm hoping its 1 of these 5.

1) Hernandez-OG
2) Wynn-G/C
3) Vander Esch-MLB
4) McGlinchy-OT
5) Giesicki-TE

This is pretty much my list as well. 

1. Wynn
2. Hernandez
3. McGlinchy
4. Via
5. Price

Unless someone slides like a Smith or James or Jackson.  

Still NO to a qb.  We don't need a 1st round back up qb. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Anything is open there.

Da’ron Payne or taven Bryan at dt

Rashaan Evans or vander eshe at lb

4-5 o lineman there

Lamar Jackson?

Courtland sutton?  Doubt wr here tho

Cb?  Maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Mike Brown wanted Colin Kaepernick over Andy Dalton, it may be possible that he is a Lamar Jackson fan.

With starting QB money skyrocketing, there may be an outside chance Mike wants Lamar who is slated to be a later first round pick now.

Maybe a trade down compromise with Marvin to get a left tackle (Cordy Glenn) while also getting Lamar ?

Two birds with one stone ?   Cordy/Lamar

Unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility.
Reply/Quote
I'm rather intrigued with what is to happen with both Bodine and Ogbuehi.

If they draft a Center with 21 and cut ties with them we'll be looking at a complete reset from the previous year.

This team would improve immediately.

It would also solidify my belief that either Pollack got some great incentives to come here... or Piano Man always had the power to change things yet stubbornly never did.

Alexander was an egomaniac that would ride his pride into the damn ground for crappy players.

We can only hope Frank sees that you can only form and sculpt so much with weak clay.

Pick priority levels...

Center
Linebacker
perhaps RT

Then best available ball hawking Safety, DT, TE.

CB, QB, WR, RB all at the bottom of the list.

They can draft those positions next year!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 01:55 AM)ZWP Wrote: Can Cedric O play at Guard? I didn't even think that was an option.

As for who to take at 21 ... we need to solidify the OL so take the best C or OG on the board. Dalton is better when he has time and we have a bona fide star in the backfield in Mixon. Get these guys a good OL and watch how much better this team will be.

I've heard is bandied around, but Ogbuehi doesn't have the body type for inside play. He'd get eaten up worse I believe.

Besides Boling and Westerman are decent at OG so why put a failed OT there?

Makes no sense to me.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:04 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know other deals are in the works, but getting Glenn from buffalo is huge because he's proven and when healthy fills a HUGE hole. Now you can move ced to guard or wherever because he wasn't working at tackle. That said, who can we expect the Bengals to draft at 21? Safety maybe? Or do they take the best available guy that may slip that's not a qb? Interested to hear your thoughts on what the bengals may do with that pick. Furthermore, is it possible they trade it if we are offended something we can't turn down. So we take another guard possibly the other guy from mitre dame if he happens to fall?

Opened up the Draft that is for sure. BPA sounds like the way to go in the 1st now which is awesome. Been calling for this team
to do something like this for years to free up the first round. Og will either be a backup LT or cut is what i am seeing after this.

He is not a Guard, too tall and lanky. LT is the only position he could play and that is now Glenn's spot.

As for the Draft i would go with either McGlinchey, Da'Ron Payne, Hernandez, Edmunds, Rashaan Evans, Vander Esche, Wynn
and there are even others i would be fine with. So many options for us now, what a great move getting Glenn.

2nd round we need to grab one of the top 3 Centers and we are sitting pretty. Cool
Reply/Quote
I expect the Bengals to lean toward OL, but if the right prospect falls to them at 21 they may get a similar OL prospect in the 2nd round anyway. Then you'll still have quality with one with one of the 3rd round picks too.
Reply/Quote
I expect the Bengals to lean toward OL, but if the right prospect falls to them at 21 they may get a similar OL prospect in the 2nd round anyway. Then you'll still have quality with one with one of the 3rd round picks too.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:40 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I hear all of these "insiders" and "sources" saying that we are going to shore up the O-line and it's the #1 prioirty.

That being said, the ONLY pick for me at #21 is Center.  I can't go another year with dog shit center play.  Give me Daniels or Price and I'll call it a day.

IF someone like Hernandez or Wynn is around at the bottom of round 1, then give up some of these picks and move up and get him.  Problem solved.

Yep.  Getting Glenn shows me that the Bengals get it in terms of what their major issues are.

Boling and Glenn are our only above average Olineman, imo.  Im okay with rolling with Fisher, but Id prefer 3 more offensive lineman.

Our first two picks need to be oline.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Y u yelling

Billy Price,center ohio state or Tremanin Edmunds I believe his name is the linebacker from Virginia Tech.Both are playmakers and difference makers and would give either side of our line a huge upgrade.This folks is a no-brainer
Reply/Quote
Will Hernandez
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
With the Glenn trade and considering where we traded back to I would think the goal is to take a Center or Guard and complete the OL rebuild. Alternately, they could still go Tackle if the plan is to get a RT and they don't feel Fisher will really be ready. I just have a gut feeling they are not finished retooling the OL and I do think this is coming at least in part from Lazor and Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:17 AM)ah5 Wrote: BPA, if it's a QB so be it.  Kinda hoping for Price / Hernandez.  If Allen or Jackson is there at 21 it would be stupid not to draft them.  Wasn't Rodgers drafted at 21?

Yeah a few teams passed on Rogers. I agree though. Allen is projected as a top 5 pick but if Rosen would happen to slip the bengals would have to look long and hard. Same can be said for a te, top wr, or a corner. I still think they go offensive line of the best available. I always enjoy day 2 because that's where the bengals thrive the most from geno to Lawson amongst others. I'm sure they will make more deals but I haven't been this excited in a while since they ar actually trying to improve the team. I know a qb is highly unlikely but what about drafting Lamar if he's there? I know he's not highly accurate but he's the same height as blandly and could be a matchup nightmare. It will be interesting to see what direction they go. Plus we still have fisher amongst other players. I'm assuming we will have our stellar center back as well. Hopefully we can find one in the 5th rounder the bills owe us
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 05:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: With the Glenn trade and considering where we traded back to I would think the goal is to take a Center or Guard and complete the OL rebuild. Alternately, they could still go Tackle if the plan is to get a RT and they don't feel Fisher will really be ready. I just have a gut feeling they are not finished retooling the OL and I do think this is coming at least in part from Lazor and Pollack.

Hope your gut is right, if so Lazor and Pollack know their shit.

BTW, i would be fine with lots of players at 21 now cause of the Glenn trade but i could completely understand going Center or
Guard just to make sure we get the guy we really want and not just hope they fall to us in the 2nd. But i could also understand
going with a gamechanging type player if some crazy talent fell like say a Trumaine Edmunds or something.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope your gut is right, if so Lazor and Pollack know their shit.

BTW, i would be fine with lots of players at 21 now cause of the Glenn trade but i could completely understand going Center or
Guard just to make sure we get the guy we really want and not just hope they fall to us in the 2nd. But i could also understand
going with a gamechanging type player if some crazy talent fell like say a Trumaine Edmunds or something.

Now that a lot QB needy teams have swooped in on FA and scored a QB, players like Edmunds won't last long IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Now that a lot QB needy teams have swooped in on FA and scored a QB, players like Edmunds won't last long IMO.

True, that sucks, really like the guy.

Kind of makes it so a lot of the top players not QB's will be snatched up early. Not as many talented players will fall now damn it.

Probably ought to just take the top Center. Atleast we would be getting the top player at that position.

But Will Hernandez or Isiaah Wynn sure are good players as well and they should be there.
Reply/Quote