Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take?
(03-13-2018, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, that sucks, really like the guy.

Kind of makes it so a lot of the top players not QB's will be snatched up early. Not as many talented players will fall now damn it.

Probably ought to just take the top Center. Atleast we would be getting the top player at that position.

But Will Hernandez or Isiaah Wynn sure are good players as well and they should be there.

I wouldn't cry if we took those guys or a center!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 07:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wouldn't cry if we took those guys or a center!

Nah, on the contrary i would be very happy about it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
The Bengals picks in the 21-24 range under Lewis:

William Jackson 3rd
Cedric Ogbuehi
Darqueze Dennard
Tyler Eifert
Jermaine Gresham
Jonathan Joseph

That's 3 CB, 2 TE, 1 OT... and they just traded for a LT, so my guess would be CB or TE.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals picks in the 21-24 range under Lewis:

William Jackson 3rd
Cedric Ogbuehi
Darqueze Dennard
Tyler Eifert
Jermaine Gresham
Jonathan Joseph

That's 3 CB, 2 TE, 1 OT... and they just traded for a LT, so my guess would be CB or TE.
I'm hoping TE, Gesicki!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals picks in the 21-24 range under Lewis:

William Jackson 3rd
Cedric Ogbuehi
Darqueze Dennard
Tyler Eifert
Jermaine Gresham
Jonathan Joseph

Haven't been following the CB's this year yet. What ones would presumably be around at 21 i wonder?

Gesicki is now a possibility that is for sure. Eifert type talent.
Reply/Quote
Sorry.

I misread the OP's title.

"Who should be expect them to draft at 21?"

We should expect them to pick someone with questionable character that preferably plays CB.

Had to throw some pessimism in there... just not enough around these parts. ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Undersized LBs tend to slide. Apparently some teams medically flagged Roquan Smith at the combine.

Our last first round pick was undersized and medically flagged.

Non pass rushing LBs tend to slide. Happens every year.

I wouldnt mind getting our hands on Roquan
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My draft priorities (for the players I believe will realistically be there):
1. Billy Price
2. Mike McGlinchey
3. Leighton Vander Esch
4. Rashaan Evans
5. Kolton Miller
6. James Daniels
7. Will Hernandez
8. Isaiah Wynn
9. Frank Ragnow

Obviously, if someone like Tremaine Edwards or Vita Vea falls for some reason, then you have to reconsider.

imo, one name you should include is QB Lamar Jackson...
we need a back up QB anyway.....
maybe pick Jackson, let him sit for a yr.....
let Dalton go next yr & start Jackson.....
save huge money....
it is a possibility....
Reply/Quote
This will be fun. They could go in a variety of directions. I think they'd like a young bookend for Glenn so I could see Mcginchley if he's still there.

They've wanted a good center for a long time so I could see them taking Price. But they would be more likely to wait until the second round. I'd be happy for all the above, but I have a thing for Rashaad Evans. That would be my pick if he's there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for an interior lineman first and foremost. I like Hernandez, Price, and Wynn in no particular order. I'd love to see McGlichey fall, too. I'd take him over the others if he did. I want to see the o-line overhaul continue to roll as far as talent upgrades go.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 06:31 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol cause the last time I commented my letters were super small

They make a pill for that!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Undersized LBs tend to slide. Apparently some teams medically flagged Roquan Smith at the combine.

Our last first round pick was undersized and medically flagged.

Non pass rushing LBs tend to slide. Happens every year.

I wouldnt mind getting our hands on Roquan

If we go after an "undersized" LB, we should go after one with demon speed and an attitude to go with it:  Shaquem Griffin.  The kid is an amazing LB with speed to burn.  The fact that he is missing one hand only seems to motivate the guy to show the world he belongs.  His twin brother, a full 20 lbs lighter, was drafted by Seattle last year and had over 50 tackles and 15 PBUs as a rookie.  

When I watch Smith, I see a guy that dives at a lot of feet.  

Griffin can cover anyone, including slot WRs.  

I think he is worth our 2nd round pick, but hoping he is there in Rd 3.  The Bengals have to get a Center and RT in the first two rounds.  Unless they sign a FA, they absolutely must fill those spots.  
Reply/Quote
Center
Linebacker
Safety
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
OT is still on the table, and a guy like Hernandez or McGlinchey could be there if all the QBs go ahead of 21. Oh man a healthy Glenn at LT and a nasty guy like Hernandez at RT.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 10:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: OT is still on the table, and a guy like Hernandez or McGlinchey could be there if all the QBs go ahead of 21. Oh man a healthy Glenn at LT and a nasty guy like Hernandez at RT.

Can Hernandez play tackle?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 10:47 AM)Takedown Wrote: Can Hernandez play tackle?

Nah he doesn't have the reach, could be a great guard though.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 10:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: OT is still on the table, and a guy like Hernandez or McGlinchey could be there if all the QBs go ahead of 21. Oh man a healthy Glenn at LT and a nasty guy like Hernandez at RT.

Think you meant Hernandez at RG, not RT...?
If you meant RT, I don't see it happening.

Would much rather take McGlinchey if looking for a RT. He was really good there at ND before moving to LT the past two seasons.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 11:02 AM)phil413 Wrote: Nah he doesn't have the reach, could be a great guard though.
That's what I was thinking
(03-14-2018, 11:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Think you meant Hernandez at RG, not RT...?
If you meant RT, I don't see it happening.

Would much rather take McGlinchey if looking for a RT. He was really good there at ND before moving to LT the past two seasons.
Agreed on McGlinchey for RT.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
BPA. I pray it's a lineman.
Reply/Quote
We need a center and another tackle, so they will draft a te or a cb.
Reply/Quote