Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take?
(03-14-2018, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If we go after an "undersized" LB, we should go after one with demon speed and an attitude to go with it:  Shaquem Griffin.  The kid is an amazing LB with speed to burn.  The fact that he is missing one hand only seems to motivate the guy to show the world he belongs.  His twin brother, a full 20 lbs lighter, was drafted by Seattle last year and had over 50 tackles and 15 PBUs as a rookie.  

When I watch Smith, I see a guy that dives at a lot of feet.  

Griffin can cover anyone, including slot WRs.  

I think he is worth our 2nd round pick, but hoping he is there in Rd 3.  The Bengals have to get a Center and RT in the first two rounds.  Unless they sign a FA, they absolutely must fill those spots.  

I'm with you on Shaquem Griffin.

You can't teach 4.38 speed.  I believe they said he is the fastest linebacker since 2003.

He is basically the same height/weight as Roquan Smith and may be available 2 or so rounds after Roquan which would allow us to address different needs while still getting Griffin, who has a natural NFL body.

I could see Griffin & Burfict feeding off of each other and both being fearless, active tacklers.

His left arm could even slip through Big Ben's facemask causing a bloody nose which I'm sure you would like.

No doubt he would add some toughness with Speed and he seems smart & committed to the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:51 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Ogbuehi played guard in college, but as of March 13 I'd be surprised if that's the plan in 2018. I think he's the backup left tackle right now. If Bodine goes - I think a center is in play at 21, either the Ohio St. kid or the Iowa kid. Both won't be gone by then.

LT Senior year
RT Junior year
If Glenn starts at LT, Ogbuehi could go right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he's there, I kinda want them to draft Baker Mayfield at #21 just to see the meltdown that ensues. I'm an anarchist like that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 01:02 PM)XsandOs Wrote: LT Senior year
RT Junior year

Ogbuehi better be really hitting the weights and change his demeanor on the field if he wants to play RT.

As i keep saying, too tall and lanky right now, not strong enough and he doesn't play nasty enough in the run game.

Fisher atleast had a nasty demeanor, have much more hope for him. McGlinchey i would still be all for at 21 for our new RT.

(03-14-2018, 01:08 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If he's there, I kinda of want them to draft Baker Mayfield at #21 just to see the meltdown that ensues.  I'm an anarchist like that.

lol
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 01:02 PM)XsandOs Wrote: LT Senior year
RT Junior year

Ogbuehi was our RT in 2016 and he sucked there just as bad as he sucked at LT last year. No point in assuming he'll do any better in 2018 at RT.

I still believe, with things the way they are currently, that the Bengals' draft day needs have changed little. We're still missing a good OT to play on the right side. Our C is a free agent and the fans all hope he accepts some deal from somewhere else, which means the team will draft an new C and there are two good ones who could be available when pick in the 2nd round.

We still have a need at LB, S and TE.

However, the Glenn deal does mean that it's going to be harder for the team to re-sign Eifert, which is okay with me because he's just not available enough to warrant a decent contract from the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
I don't put a lot of stock in the combine.. Plenty of players did horrible at the combine and went on to have great NFL careers . It's such a small sample size during the off season when they're not really in peak football shape.  How many guys did great at the combine only to crap out there on out? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm still ok having Bodine as the backup center .I don't want him starting, but there's a lot to be said for not missing starts his entire time here . He might not bring much to the table as a starter, but if he had been injured most of his time he would have been even less useless than Eifert while he was injured. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bodine sucks..move on
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 11:39 AM)depthchart Wrote: I'm with you on Shaquem Griffin.

You can't teach 4.38 speed.  I believe they said he is the fastest linebacker since 2003.

He is basically the same height/weight as Roquan Smith and may be available 2 or so rounds after Roquan which would allow us to address different needs while still getting Griffin, who has a natural NFL body.

I could see Griffin & Burfict feeding off of each other and both being fearless, active tacklers.

His left arm could even slip through Big Ben's facemask causing a bloody nose which I'm sure you would like.

No doubt he would add some toughness with Speed and he seems smart & committed to the game.

If this doesn't sell the rest of the fan base, I don't know what will.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Again BPA.

But going o mocks i have done on fanspeak etc. as a guide to who might fall.

I would say we are looking at :

DT: Vita Vea / Daron Payne
LB : Evans / Edmunnds / Vander Esch
G/T/C : Wynn / Daniels / McGlinchey or Connor whichever falls.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:04 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know other deals are in the works, but getting Glenn from buffalo is huge because he's proven and when healthy fills a HUGE hole. Now you can move ced to guard or wherever because he wasn't working at tackle. That said, who can we expect the Bengals to draft at 21? Safety maybe? Or do they take the best available guy that may slip that's not a qb? Interested to hear your thoughts on what the bengals may do with that pick. Furthermore, is it possible they trade it if we are offended something we can't turn down. So we take another guard possibly the other guy from mitre dame if he happens to fall?

One Bengal Fan on this site said Hernandez and I agree with keeping the focus on O line. We had the worst O Line in NFL in 2017 and one trade is only a start.   Hernandez would be good. I suggested to him Price of Ohio State.  We lost Whitworth and Zeitler plus Og and Fish experiment so far hasn't worked. Many want an upgrade from Bodine.  So I agree with the trade for Glenn, but I agree also with still taking O Line in Round One because we have Glenn, we have Boling, but 2 isn't 5. We need 5 play-off win type blockers.  An O Lineman in Round One like Henandez or Price or somebody would start really turning this into a play-off win group of blockers.  Open running lanes and give Dalton the time to hit Green and others and we score lots of points. No blocking and Dalton continues to get slammed as soon as ball snapped as he gets up in disgust, plus no running yards due to no blocking. Glenn and a Round One O Linemen plus some other moves for blockers and Bengals Score Points, Win Games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I know many people don't like taking a corner in the first round when we have other needs, but I wouldn't hate taking one here in light of losing Adam Jones. It a position where you really can't have too much depth. William Jackson is amazing of course, Dennard is starting to show promise, and I don't hate Dre K as much as some people (and we're stuck with him anyways) but if we could add another great corner we'd be set for a long time. Keep in mind we tend not to play corners that much their first year anyways so this is thinking ahead a bit.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:35 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I know many people don't like taking a corner in the first round when we have other needs, but I wouldn't hate taking one here in light of losing Adam Jones. It a position where you really can't have too much depth. William Jackson is amazing of course, Dennard is starting to show promise, and I don't hate Dre K as much as some people (and we're stuck with him anyways) but if we could add another great corner we'd be set for a long time. Keep in mind we tend not to play corners that much their first year anyways so this is thinking ahead a bit.

I don't think anyone will be shocked if the pick is a CB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:35 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I know many people don't like taking a corner in the first round when we have other needs, but I wouldn't hate taking one here in light of losing Adam Jones. It a position where you really can't have too much depth. William Jackson is amazing of course, Dennard is starting to show promise, and I don't hate Dre K as much as some people (and we're stuck with him anyways) but if we could add another great corner we'd be set for a long time. Keep in mind we tend not to play corners that much their first year anyways so this is thinking ahead a bit.

I just like Shaw and Russell's upside. Would rather go Center, LB or RT at 21.

But if there is a CB that is physical and can also play Safety i would not be upset. We can still get our Center in round 2
and trade up for a speedy backer if we have to. But then we just have to hope that either Fisher or Hart pan out at RT.

(03-15-2018, 07:37 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think anyone will be shocked if the pick is a CB.

Definately not shocked. It is a passing league, but i think we are still pretty stacked at CB even with letting Adam go.

Wouldn't surprise me if we brought him back for cheap either.
Reply/Quote
I would not be the least surprised to see either a DT or DE in the top picks.

Just a precaution for not being able to re-sign both Dunlap and Geno.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 08:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would not be the least surprised to see either a DT or DE in the top picks.

Just a precaution for not being able to re-sign both Dunlap and Geno.

Da'Ron Payne or Davenport eh? Wouldn't mind either, but i am hoping we keep our guys.
Reply/Quote