Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the first overall pick in the 2020 Draft
The Bengals Select?

Let's face it we all know it's our time to be the new browns for a couple of years. Who do we take at quarterback next year #1 overall ?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: The Bengals Select?

Let's face it we all know it's our time to be the new browns for a couple of years.  Who do we take at quarterback next year #1 overall ?

Trade back and stockpile picks. Rinse and repeat. 
Reply/Quote
Short of Andy, Mixon, and AJ all being out all year I put this at about a 0% chance.
Reply/Quote

Let's face it we all know it's our time to be the new browns for a couple of years.  Who do we take at quarterback next year #1 overall ?

Not you too?  You've jumped the ship of sanity too?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Don't look solely at 2020 as the time the Bengals have to take a QB. If 2021 actually looks even better for QB (which it may depending on Trevor Lawrence's growth), roll with Dalton another year, trade back in 2020 or select BPA non-QB, then get your favorite QB in 2021.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
this is what happens when you ask about a pick. Instead of giving a valid option is a super strong class of quarterbacks all I get is people wanting to prop this season up. my stance has always been what's the worst that could happen this season we lose all our games and go first in the draft. I am far from predicting what this season will look like until draft/preseason and final coach announcements.

With all that said in our current state, we have a rookie head coach and aging roster with a middle of the road QB. The staff isn't in place and we don't have a huge scouting team that can support draft scouting. Let's not forget all the coaches including Marvin were scouting picks this time last year. Literally the only we can be happy about right now is not having Marvin in the building anymore. So if evaluating a situation makes me insane than sorry im looney toons what's your excuse?

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't look solely at 2020 as the time the Bengals have to take a QB. If 2021 actually looks even better for QB (which it may depending on Trevor Lawrence's growth), roll with Dalton another year, trade back in 2020 or select BPA non-QB, then get your favorite QB in 2021.

Yes you want the kid from Clemson like everyone else.  Have you evaluated next years class?  What if he blows out his shoulder and no one wants him in 2021?  6 months ago everyone on these boards would have died to get on that Tua hype train.  Not so much now

Reply/Quote
IF we are picking #1, which I doubt, give me Tua.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yes you want the kid from Clemson like everyone else.  Have you evaluated next years class?  What if he blows out his shoulder and no one wants him in 2021?  6 months ago everyone on these boards would have died to get on that Tua hype train.  Not so much now

What if any of the QBs next year get hurt? When Jake Locker went back to school he was supposed to be QB1 the next year but that didn’t happen. It’s pointless to guess who QB1 would be next year. Haskins wasn’t supposed to be QB1 this year.
Reply/Quote
Jake Fromm is a QB name to remember.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yes you want the kid from Clemson like everyone else.  Have you evaluated next years class?  What if he blows out his shoulder and no one wants him in 2021?  6 months ago everyone on these boards would have died to get on that Tua hype train.  Not so much now

I have looked at next year's class to some extent, and I think that class is better than the 2019 class. However, all I'm saying is there should be at least one good QB available in 2021 too, so the Bengals shouldn't feel like they HAVE to pick a QB in 2020.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The only way we're picking number one overall in 2020 or 2021 is if we make a blockbuster trade to move up.

The current team is far from great, but it's certainly not terrible enough to only win 3 games or less. I'd happily throw money down on that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 01:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Jake Fromm is a QB name to remember.

I agree.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 11:02 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The only way we're picking number one overall in 2020 or 2021 is if we make a blockbuster trade to move up.  

The current team is far from great, but it's certainly not terrible enough to only win 3 games or less.  I'd happily throw money down on that.

lol, I dunno what you guys don't get.  I'm not making a season prediction.  If it happens what qb's look good next year.  That's a simple question lmao.

no, we don't have a bad roster, but this is kinda a rebuild when you bring in almost entirely new coaching staff and change up schemes.  If they have a couple years of growing pains this "could" happen.  

The whole point of this is to discuss next years QB prospects in what people were proclaiming to be the strongest QB class in the history of the draft last summer.

Reply/Quote
Nate Stanly.   he's the next coming of Big Ben.  the exact opposite of this mighty mouse Kyler Murray kid.  Stanly is tall, hard to bring down, and slow. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Next year?

Fromm

And it's not even close.
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario we are terrible and we have a choice between Tua and Herbert after the season. Another year of those guys starting to evaluate. If we end up middle of the pack like we do a lot of years I could see Linebacker still being a need next year because there isn't really a good to great player on this team right now and we likely won't upgrade that spot completely in one offseason.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 02:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: lol, I dunno what you guys don't get.  I'm not making a season prediction.  If it happens what qb's look good next year.  That's a simple question lmao.

no, we don't have a bad roster, but this is kinda a rebuild when you bring in almost entirely new coaching staff and change up schemes.  If they have a couple years of growing pains this "could" happen.  

The whole point of this is to discuss next years QB prospects in what people were proclaiming to be the strongest QB class in the history of the draft last summer.

Your title and OP are misleading. By saying "With the first overall pick in the 2020 draft," it implies that the Bengals will have worst record in the league.
You should have better phrased your title/OP if you didn't want it perceived that way.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If this scenario indeed plays out, pray that Jacob Eason comes out.
Reply/Quote
On what planet do we pick #1?
Reply/Quote