Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the running game working, why can't we score more points?
Generally IF a team has a RB rush for 130+ yards per game, the offense produces at a high level. Why has our points per game actually went down since we are now able to run?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I’m going with bad play calling in the red zone by Taylor and Dalton having too many turnovers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m going with bad play calling in the red zone by Taylor and Dalton having too many turnovers.

I'd go with that.

I also think our WR's and RB's don't really break long plays, which hurts. Having that 60 yard TD thread helps to open things up.

The TE's are horribly under-utilized too.
Reply/Quote
Two letters...QB.
Reply/Quote
Because Zac Taylor becomes mentally handicapped when we enter the red zone.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Generally IF a team has a RB rush for 130+ yards per game, the offense produces at a high level. Why has our points per game actually went down since we are now able to run?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Because we have no passing game.  Thanks to Andy we lost that game.  He is doing a good job to ensure we get JB with the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m going with bad play calling in the red zone by Taylor and Dalton having too many turnovers.

Was certainly the case yesterday. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nothing works for the Bengals in the Red Zone this year, unfortunately. Most teams can punch it in on the ground from five yards or less but not the Bengals. I've never seen so many bad pass attempts in the Red Zone before. The Red Zone offense is the worst I've ever seen. Even Bob Bratkowski had a better Red Zone offense than Brian Callahan -- and Bob was awful.
Reply/Quote
Im just hoping Taylor is secretly trying to throw the games so he can get Burrow. Play calling in the red zone doesnt work. Andy doesnt help.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:03 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Because we have no passing game.  Thanks to Andy we lost that game.  He is doing a good job to ensure we get JB with the #1 pick.

He didn't ensure anything.  There are still two games left to play.  And against shitty teams.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Was certainly the case yesterday. 

Our red zone offense has been pretty terrible all year. One could argue, that it's the main reason for our poor play.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:41 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Im just hoping Taylor is secretly trying to throw the games so he can get Burrow. Play calling in the red zone doesnt work. Andy doesnt help.

Arguably, even IF we had AJ and Jonah out there...we'd still be struggling a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our red zone offense has been pretty terrible all year. One could argue, that it's the main reason for our poor play.

Yep. We haven’t scored over 23 points all season. That’s atrocious. And Mixon didn’t have a rushing TD until like week 10. How the hell does that even happen?

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. We haven’t scored over 23 points all season. That’s atrocious. And Mixon didn’t have a rushing TD until like week 10. How the hell does that even happen?

It's quite puzzling.

I'd be all for hiring McCarthy as HC to work with Burrow.

Then, if we want to innovate, have him hire an up-and-coming OC.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. We haven’t scored over 23 points all season. That’s atrocious. And Mixon didn’t have a rushing TD until like week 10. How the hell does that even happen?

The streak has reached 16 3rd longest in Bengal's history. 1 more to tie for 2nd. The franchise record is 25 hopefully we don't reach that
Reply/Quote

That and we are trying to get the #1 pick now that we got that 1 pesky win out of the way.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's quite puzzling.

I'd be all for hiring McCarthy as HC to work with Burrow.

Then, if we want to innovate, have him hire an up-and-coming OC.

im for McCarthy...   I think he comes with Haslett though.

For OC  Jay Gruden is available if hes not flying to vegas.
Reply/Quote
Poor quarterback play.Pretty obvious.
Reply/Quote
Bad QB play plain and simple. Plays have been there but QB is just missing throws or not seeing it. I'm not sure whats going on with Dalton but we should have 3 wins this month instead of one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: im for McCarthy...   I think he comes with Haslett though.

For OC  Jay Gruden is available if hes not flying to vegas.

What about bringing Joe Brady in as passing game coordinator or more...IF we go with a Haslett?
Reply/Quote