Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 14 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5)   vs.   Cincinnati Bengals (10-2)
Sunday, December 13th, 1:00 PM, on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Greg Gumble, Trent Green, Jamie Erdahl

[Image: steelers-at-bengals-generic-graphic.jpg]

Steelers Week already heating up
Paul Dehner Jr.

Didn’t take long for the reality of Steelers week to set in around Paul Brown Stadium. Before players even left the premises on Monday, conversation had already surfaced from up the Ohio River.

Pittsburgh guard David DeCastro didn’t mince words.

“We don't like them and they don't like us," he said to PennLive.com. "It's pretty — I'm not going to sit here and give bulletin board material, but that's as simple as it can be.”

No need for bulletin boards this week. Everyone knows what’s at stake and remembers falling short in an attempt to win the AFC North last year in Week 17 at Pittsburgh. More than that, following the Bengals’ 16-10 victory at Heinz Field earlier this year, a fresh batch of animosity arose following Le’Veon Bell’s season-ending injury. Steelers players took exception to Vontaze Burfict’s reaction to the play.

Without rehashing the he-said, he-said Twitter beef, just understand there continues to be no love lost in this rivalry, which has decided the division each of the last three seasons.

“I heard all the talk they are looking forward to playing and there’s bad blood,” Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said. “It is what it is. We are going to be here. We are going to be here. We are not running. We have already been up there. So let’s go.”

Read the full article at Cincinnati.com.

Reply/Quote
Man, I think DeCastro was the last prospect I really wanted us to draft. Now he says this and I fear for our DL's knees this weekend.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Rauch ‏@FOX19Jeremy
Me to Dre Kirkpatrick: "Things were said to Vontaze after win in Pittsburgh."

Reggie Nelson yells: "Yeah, we gonna handle that."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 01:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeremy Rauch ‏@FOX19Jeremy
Me to Dre Kirkpatrick: "Things were said to Vontaze after win in Pittsburgh."

Reggie Nelson yells: "Yeah, we gonna handle that."

Tackle them Knees Reggie
Reply/Quote
11-2
AFC North Champion hats and champaign is ready! It's going to be a mighty fine day to be a Bengals fan!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals pull off a win Sunday. It will be a tough, close game. The X factor might be Hill scoring 3 TD's.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
In a bad mood following Town's defeat to Bristol yeserday. However i'm back at home and the Bengals game is the live game this week, and a win would put a smile back on my face. Let's hope the secondary can come up big today.
Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Who Dey! I don't get to watch today because I'm on vacation in New Orleans and have plans all day with friends. Rooting for them in absentia though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My prediction: Alot of big hits , alot of snot bubblers, alot of chippyness after the plays, alot of people getting the crap knocked out of them and a Bengals win. The Bengals are the better team. Our secondary is beat up so the game will be closer than it should be but the Bengals are a better team. Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
Prediction:
Marvin FAILS to inspire a hot start.
Hue begins with moronic play calling and we come out FLAT....like most games.
Ben takes full advantage of this and we go down 13-0...FAST.

Right before things look bleak, AD and the O wakes up and gets us 7 by the half. 13-7 Douchebags

The typical half time "adjustments" fail and Pig Pen goes up by another 7 making it 20-7 and we have a dismal 3rd Q to boot.

Out of the blue, our magical D gets some turnovers and the O wakes up from its anemia we has a stellar 4th Q and makes it close. A heart-thumper......AGAIN

Final verdict on if it was enough? We will know at 4pm
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:09 AM)Whacked Wrote: Prediction:
Marvin FAILS to inspire a hot start.
Hue begins with moronic play calling and we come out FLAT....like most games.
Ben takes full advantage of this and we go down 13-0...FAST.

Right before things look bleak, AD and the O wakes up and gets us 7 by the half. 13-7 Douchebags

The typical half time "adjustments" fail and Pig Pen goes up by another 7 making it 20-7 and we have a dismal 3rd Q to boot.

Out of the blue, our magical D gets some turnovers and the O wakes up from its anemia we has a stellar 4th Q and makes it close. A heart-thumper......AGAIN

Final verdict on if it was enough? We will know at 4pm

Hopefully, for your sake, a family member/friend has hidden all sharp objects and rope around your house this morning.  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:44 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Who Dey!  I don't get to watch today because I'm on vacation in New Orleans and have plans all day with friends.  Rooting for them in absentia though.

I'm jealous.  I went over the summer and want to go back SOOO bad!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:23 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Hopefully, for your sake, a family member/friend has hidden all sharp objects and rope around your house this morning.  Ninja

Lol. Just keeping it real man Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:55 AM)Whacked Wrote: Lol. Just keeping it real man Big Grin

You could have just said you hate the coaching staff, as that is all I took out of it.
Reply/Quote
WHO DEY!!!! Hoping for a convincing win by the bengals today.
Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Wednesday will make 6 years since Chris "slim" Henry died. Bengals win this one for slim.

Rest in peace Slim. Who Dey
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:44 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Who Dey!  I don't get to watch today because I'm on vacation in New Orleans and have plans all day with friends.  Rooting for them in absentia though.

Yeah, I'll miss it too as I'm working and know I'll be busy during the game.  I'm DVRing it though and really hoping it with be worth watching when I get home.  I'l be checking my phone for updates and rooting for them however I can!

Who Dey!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Eifert, Hall, and Iloka active. I'm guessing Jones is not or it would have been mentioned.
Reply/Quote
Inactives
WR Mario Alford
CB Adam Jones
LB P.J. Dawson
OT Jake Fisher
DL Marcus Hardison
DL Will Clarke
DT Brandon Thompson

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 01:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Eifert, Hall, and Iloka active.  I'm guessing Jones is not or it would have been mentioned.

(12-13-2015, 01:32 PM)pally Wrote: Inactives  
WR Mario Alford
CB Adam Jones
LB P.J. Dawson
OT Jake Fisher
DL Marcus Hardison
DL Will Clarke
DT Brandon Thompson

Barnacles!!!!  I was really hoping Jones would be a surprise active.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote