Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 15 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ 49ers***
(12-20-2015, 10:15 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Does that mean strength of victory? If so that would be a horrible way to lose the North, yikes.

Yes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:09 PM)bengalsfan182 Wrote: Playoff machine says we have... someone coreect me if im wrong please

Because if Bengals lose out and the steelers win out, their record will be the same and it goes to tiebreakers in division then common games. 
Reply/Quote
We would have to lose to Baltimore to give Pitt the division.

We practically won it, just not officially.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because both teams have the potential to be 1-1 head  to head, 4-2 in the division and 8-4 in the conference and Pittsburgh would have the better SOV%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are getting it on the strength of schedule.  They have the first place schedule, and no one can predict what the strength of victory will be for the final two games, but I can say that our net points are much more than theirs, so I would surmise that we have a greater strength of victory.
Reply/Quote
Eh. I wouldn't sleep on Baltimore just yet. A divisional game is a divisional game.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are getting it on the strength of schedule.  They have the first place schedule, and no one can predict what the strength of victory will be for the final two games, but I can say that our net points are much more than theirs, so I would surmise that we have a greater strength of victory.

SOS and SOV, Pitt has a higher percentage. I've not looked at tie breakers to see which it is, but it wouldn't matter either way. Too much of a headache. Just win damn football games.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Freaking headaches...

1. Head to Head
2. Division
3. Common games
4. Conference
5. Strength of Victory
6. Strength of Schedule

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:05 PM)barkerja Wrote: Not sure if today is a good benchmark for really taking a deep look at AJ. He showed some bright moments: a couple long balls that were on point and made no "rookie mistakes" (aka turnovers).

The OL was terrible, both in pass protection and the run game. Thankfully our D showed up and gave the offense plenty of opportunities. If the OL corrects itself going into MNF, we're going to have a fun game on our hands.

(12-20-2015, 10:06 PM)PApinhead Wrote: I don't know, did you see the Bronco's last couple of series?  Osweiler looked like crap.  Terrible decisions and terrible throws.  If we can get some pressure on him, we should be alright.

Agreed BUT currently, as of "today"....who would you prefer to have in the playoffs as your QB? 

No brainer for me. Brock. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:30 PM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed BUT currently, as of "today"....who would you prefer to have in the playoffs as your QB? 

AJ, cuz we drafted him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are getting it on the strength of schedule.  They have the first place schedule, and no one can predict what the strength of victory will be for the final two games, but I can say that our net points are much more than theirs, so I would surmise that we have a greater strength of victory.

(12-20-2015, 10:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: SOS and SOV, Pitt has a higher percentage. I've not looked at tie breakers to see which it is, but it wouldn't matter either way. Too much of a headache. Just win damn football games.

(12-20-2015, 10:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Freaking headaches...

1. Head to Head
2. Division
3. Common games
4. Conference
5. Strength of Victory
6. Strength of Schedule

1, 2, 3 and 4 would be ties, if the Bengals lose out and Pitt wins out. That would give the division to Pitt based on #5, SOV. 

Just doing all this to stop all the speculation and confusion. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Eh.  I wouldn't sleep on Baltimore just yet.  A divisional game is a divisional game.

It will be their Super Bowl, and an opportunity (provided we'd lost eariler to Denver) to rob us of the division.  Yeah, Harbaugh will have them up for that and we'll get their best shot.  Whether that will be enough is debatable.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
They will prepare this week.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It will be their Super Bowl, and an opportunity (provided we'd lost eariler to Denver) to rob us of the division.  Yeah, Harbaugh will have them up for that and we'll get their best shot.  Whether that will be enough is debatable.   

TOTALLY agree !!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:30 PM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed BUT currently, as of "today"....who would you prefer to have in the playoffs as your QB? 

Hmmm...good question.  Before yesterday, I would have said Osweiler, no problem.  But, after yesterday, I'm not so sure.  I would probably still pick him as he has more NFL experience and has won multiple games for Denver and looked half decent, but man he did not look good in the second half yesterday.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:02 PM)Whacked Wrote: ???

Denver played AT CRAPSburgh, put up 27 points, and lost in the final seconds. 

We got humiliated at home against DICKSburgh. 

Let's keep it real - Osweiler > AJ big time. AJ looks like a back up. Osweiler does not. 

Denver has not scored anything in 2nd half last three weeks.. AJ did what he needed to do  .. no turnovers, 115 passing rating... Osweiler threw a crucial INT that setup Pittsburgh winning score.   Oweiler is looking like a backup especially in 2nd halfs
Reply/Quote
Man, fellas, I love the loyal-fan-spectacles you have on and I love my Bengals too but I have no idea other than 2-3 passes what makes you have ANY confidence in AJ. He looked like a borderline 3rd stringer (with the exception of about 2-3 passes).

We could beat Denver AT Denver with AD.......but even THAT would be a huge challenge.

AJ cant hold AD's jock strap.

This is not a cut on him as much as is a mere representation of AJ's severe lack of NFL experience.
Reply/Quote
Time for round 2.

Reply/Quote
Are they playing conservative or what?

Reply/Quote
time to go get drunk
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It will be their Super Bowl, and an opportunity (provided we'd lost eariler to Denver) to rob us of the division.  Yeah, Harbaugh will have them up for that and we'll get their best shot.  Whether that will be enough is debatable.   

Well since McCarron has injured his left hand, we might be down to Wenning next week.
Reply/Quote