Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 16 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Broncos***
Cincinnati Bengals (11-3)   vs.   Denver Broncos (10-4)
Monday, December 28, 8:30 PM on ESPN
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado
Announce Crew: Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Lisa Salters

[Image: cin_den.jpg]

NFL.com Video Preview

First Look: Bengals vs. Broncos
by Jim Owczarski

The first look at the Monday Night Football game featuring the 11-3 Cincinnati Bengals and the 10-4 Denver Broncos at 8:30 p.m. at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

The Cincinnati Bengals clinched their fifth consecutive berth in the postseason with a 24-14 victory on the road in San Francisco. Backup quarterback AJ McCarron was effective but not spectacular, and the defense forced three turnovers to set the Bengals up to earn the No. 2 seed in the AFC with a win in Denver.

Denver raced out to a 27-13 halftime lead over the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field, but then gave up 21 unanswered points to lose 34-27 and fall dangerously close to not only losing the No. 2 seed in the AFC, but losing their grip on the AFC West. The Broncos have now lost two straight after starting 3-0 with Brock Osweiler as the full-time starter at quarterback.

The Broncos are still the No. 1 defense in the NFL, allowing just 279.9 total yards per game. They are also No. 1 against both the run (79.9) and the pass (200.0). Ben Roethlisberger threw for over 300 yards last week, but the Broncos haven’t allowed a 100-yard rusher since week 10 and have allowed just 50 yards on the ground combined in the last two weeks.

Reply/Quote
Looks like Iloka is out. Going to need to contain the middle of the field or Osweiler can get nickel and dime chunk plays there.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 04:22 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Looks like Iloka is out.  Going to need to contain the middle of the field or Osweiler can get nickel and dime chunk plays there.

Osweiler has been lucky over the last 2 or 3 weeks with a few throws that should have been picks, but were dropped. Maybe that luck runs out this week.
Reply/Quote
Agree. I don't think he can beat us on the outside. It's Davis and Sanders over the middle of the field that could hurt.
Reply/Quote
So ready for this game. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Jay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG  
If predicted kickoff temperature of 17 degrees happens, tonight will be coldest road game in #Bengals history:

[Image: CXUvIt4WAAEOCrX.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1930690_10100532458860173_84087950559561...e=5700DB00]
Reply/Quote
I cannot wait for this game. It's got me shaking at my desk today! I am putting my full faith in our team today. The team can be different (is different this year). Primetime be damned. WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG  
If predicted kickoff temperature of 17 degrees happens, tonight will be coldest road game in #Bengals history:

[Image: CXUvIt4WAAEOCrX.jpg]

I remember that Cleveland game in 08. The Cedric Benson show all day.

I'm pumped/nervous about this game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Huddersfield got a late equaliser away at QPR today thanks to a magical freekick. Hoping for some AJ to AJ magic to smash the Broncs now
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I know I'm no professional athlete being paid millions, but as I step outside tonight in the 12 degree weather, I cannot imagine taking a hard hit in this kind of weather.

Who Dey!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Started tailgating all alone at home since 6:30pm "Eastern time"...
Reply/Quote
Almost game time - ready to make a statement...
This game is really a playoff game - a win and we bypass the first round.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals inactives vs Broncos
QB Andy Dalton
WR Mario Alford
S George Iloka
OT Eric Winston
TE Tyler Eifert
DT Marcus Hardison
DE Will Clarke

Thompson and Sims both active at the same time for first time all year...likely a protection in case Geno has issues with the altitude

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:10 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals inactives vs Broncos
QB Andy Dalton
WR Mario Alford
S George Iloka
OT Eric Winston
TE Tyler Eifert
DT Marcus Hardison
DE Will Clarke

Thompson and Sims both active at the same time for first time all year...likely a protection in case Geno has issues with the altitude
No doubt Geno will have fewer snaps this game.
Reply/Quote
I hate 8:30 start times!! Let's do this! Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey 11m11 minutes ago
#Bengals OT Andrew Whitworth is in the middle: "We've been waiting all damn day for this. It's abt fight & effort"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Can't wait for this game.
Reply/Quote