Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 2 GameDay Thread...Chargers @ Bengals***
San Diego Chargers vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, September 20, 1:00 PM on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio

Reply/Quote
I remember on the old boards these game day threads used to get like 1,500-2,000+ replies.

Anyhow, this week's game will be much closer than last week. But Bengals will win.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 12:22 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I remember on the old boards these game day threads used to get like 1,500-2,000+ replies.

Anyhow, this week's game will be much closer than last week. But Bengals will win.  

It would still be that way if we didn't have the live chat...which now gets the majority of the action. But, the overwhelming consensus seems to be that the chat is a much better way to experience the game, and after using it for awhile...I agree.

Having said that, the GD thread will stick around to talk about the game beforehand, and as an option for those that don't use the chat, don't have enough post for the chat, and for opposing fans. So, it still serves a purpose. 

I agree about the game as well. I expect a close score. I know some have talked about it being a high scoring game, and I could definitely see that with these two offenses. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 12:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It would still be that way if we didn't have the live chat...which now gets the majority of the action. But, the overwhelming consensus seems to be that the chat is a much better way to experience the game, and after using it for awhile...I agree.

Having said that, the GD thread will stick around to talk about the game beforehand, and as an option for those that don't use the chat, don't have enough post for the chat, and for opposing fans. So, it still serves as purpose. 

I agree about the game as well. I expect a close score. I know some have talked about it being a high scoring game, and I could definitely see that with these two offenses. 

You can still go back and read what people had to say in the chatbox at the bottom. ThumbsUp

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can still go back and read what people had to say in the chatbox at the bottom. ThumbsUp

Yep, the chat is archived, so people can read every single comment of every game.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 12:22 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I remember on the old boards these game day threads used to get like 1,500-2,000+ replies.

I would wager that they don't get as much play because you don't start the threads anymore.  It's not as ****official**** anymore, even if Bengalholic thinks he has the authority to call something ****official****.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 11:41 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I would wager that they don't get as much play because you don't start the threads anymore.  It's not as ****official**** anymore, even if Bengalholic thinks he has the authority to call something ****official****.

I started the final preseason game day thread over 2 weeks ago and that got only 14 replies.

There is something called the Chatbox where most of these game day replies take place.

It could also be that most members from the old boards do not know about the new boards.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 11:38 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I started the final preseason game day thread over 2 weeks ago and that got only 14 replies.

There is something called the Chatbox where most of these game day replies take place.

It could also be that most members from the old boards do not know about the new boards.

I wasn't sold on the chat box concept at first. Blasphemy, I thought. I was sad that it would take away from, and potentially spell the end for, the gamewday thread. But, now, love me some chatbox. Come join us. It's a happenin' scene, man.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 11:38 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I started the final preseason game day thread over 2 weeks ago and that got only 14 replies.

The point is here -----------------> *

Your post is somewhere around....

here: * 
Reply/Quote
Considering betting on the game, just not sure what. I prefer player props and when I bet on the Bengals, in whatever context, we are undefeated. *shrugs*

I'm thinking about taking Eifert's catch(s). If it's around 3-5 I will definitely grab it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 04:00 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Considering betting on the game, just not sure what. I prefer player props and when I bet on the Bengals, in whatever context, we are undefeated. *shrugs*

I'm thinking about taking Eifert's catch(s). If it's around 3-5 I will definitely grab it.

Find the line for Keenan Allen. He had 15 last week. If they do 5 or something low jump on the over. They should jack the line up because of last week. If he has a high number on him, then play the under. Make him go earn your bet. With the under, you are winning before they kick the ball off.

Good luck.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 06:41 AM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Find the line for Keenan Allen. He had 15 last week. If they do 5 or something low jump on the over. They should jack the line up because of last week. If he has a high number on him, then play the under. Make him go earn your bet. With the under, you are winning before they kick the ball off.

Good luck.

Good point. I will keep an eye out for that one too. Unfortunately, gambling sites are blocked at work, so I will have to wait until I get home. That one caught my eye, also curious as to the interception number for both QBs. If it's at like 1/2, I might take both of them going over, not sure. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 07:53 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Good point. I will keep an eye out for that one too. Unfortunately, gambling sites are blocked at work, so I will have to wait until I get home. That one caught my eye, also curious as to the interception number for both QBs. If it's at like 1/2, I might take both of them going over, not sure. 

1/2, I would take the over too. It's a passing league, the over/under is 48, so there should be a ton of attempts with these two QB's.
Reply/Quote
We need the Chargers first pass to be an incompletion to end Rivers being in the chase for the consecutive completions record.  He is 4 away from tying the record, 5 from breaking it.  Should he do that, Fouts will NOT stop talking about it making him even more painful to listen to.
Reply/Quote
#Bengals Inactives 9/20:

WR Little
WR Alford
CB LewisHarris
TE Uzomah
DT Hardison
DT Thompson
DE Hunt
Reply/Quote
Some downright bullshit from the zebras so far.  Hill fumble after his knee was down, a knee to Dalton's head is ruled fine, and then 2 defensive holds on the same play go uncalled.  
Reply/Quote
Nice throw to Eifert there!
Reply/Quote
I never understood the Hill infatuation on these boards.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 03:58 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I never understood the Hill infatuation on these boards.

Hill's a helluva talent, but definitely needs to work on ball security.  :snark:
Reply/Quote
To post a few
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote