Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
***Wk 3 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens***
(09-27-2015, 05:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We had bad Andy for two plays. Dalton played great today.

One play, IMO.  The fumble he was climbing the pocket and looking downfield.  You could see he was starting to tuck the ball when the defender hacked his arm from behind.  Can't really fault him there.  Not happy that it happened, but I can't fault him either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:37 PM)Rattler Wrote: AJ just blew up some fantasy

I had AJ, Hill, and Eifert, so it all kind of evened out.  Eifert had zero points and they barely used Hill.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad...no...I'm happy that the Bengals won. No, that's not what I am, I'm ecstatic that the Bengals won this game. I had no faith going into the game, I admit it.

Thank you for restoring some faith Bengals...thank you.

You came against some opposition and overcame. You didn't fold when the going got tough and you fought back and it paid off.

I have one request though, can you please stop with the conservative play calling when you get up by 14 and just murder your opponents from here on out? Just put your foot on their throats and keep pushing until the heads pop off please.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:42 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm glad...no...I'm happy that the Bengals won. No, that's not what I am, I'm ecstatic that the Bengals won this game. I had no faith going into the game, I admit it.

Thank you for restoring some faith Bengals...thank you.

You came against some opposition and overcame. You didn't fold when the going got tough and you fought back and it paid off.

I have one request though, can you please stop with the conservative play calling when you get up by 14 and just murder your opponents from here on out? Just put your foot on their throats and keep pushing until the heads pop off please.

They did go for it on 4th down at the end of the half and lost out on 3 points, so that wasn't conservative.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why aren't we running Hill much and why were we running him from the shotgun?  It's not his strength and you need to establish the run against the Ravens.

Gio was playing better today
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 02:35 PM)bengals73 Wrote: He is a tool . Gotta respect his game skills but he's a bully .. I saw him jawin' with Rey M. - Not a fight he'd wanna be in LOL 

He was trashing all the Bengals DBs after one of his touchdowns, apparently to a camera behind the bench. Or maybe he was just yelling to fans. Calling them all out by number and saying things like "trash" and some other stuff i couldn't decipher live.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:35 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Yep!!  Unfortunately, I don't ever see that changing with Marvin.

True. I loved going for it on 4th down at the end of the half. Two guys had a chance to make a play and they didn't. Sanu tried to spin instead of putting his head down and Eifert couldn't complete the play on a TERRIBLE rule that needs to be changed. Then, the thing i didn't like was in the halftime interview he was asked about going for it and he said "came back to bite me". That's the mentality of someone that might try something once, then if it doesn't work, reverts to his conservative ways.

I HATE that mentality. The O was flinging it around the whole first half and it wasn't until they fell behind that they opened it up again, by necessity.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We had bad Andy for two plays. Dalton played great today.

There was no 'bad Andy' today. He missed a couple passes and fumbled when hit from behind. That happens on occasion. 

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:37 PM)Rattler Wrote: AJ just blew up some fantasy

I had him in Fan Duel last week and passed on him this week. Typical. 

I was never meant to make any money by 'gambling'. 

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I had him in Fan Duel last week and passed on him this week. Typical. 

I was never meant to make any money by 'gambling'. 

Oh yeah. And it came down to Eifert (again) or Olsen. I passed on Olsen. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. I loved going for it on 4th down at the end of the half. Two guys had a chance to make a play and they didn't. Sanu tried to spin instead of putting his head down and Eifert couldn't complete the play on a TERRIBLE rule that needs to be changed. Then, the thing i didn't like was in the halftime interview he was asked about going for it and he said "came back to bite me". That's the mentality of someone that might try something once, then if it doesn't work, reverts to his conservative ways.

I HATE that mentality. The O was flinging it around the whole first half and it wasn't until they fell behind that they opened it up again, by necessity.

Exactly!!  I hate that too.  We should come out the second half with the throttle pressed the whole way down, no letting up.  We can see what happens when we do.  I loved the way we kept fighting though and came out with the win!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was trashing all the Bengals DBs after one of his touchdowns, apparently to a camera behind the bench. Or maybe he was just yelling to fans. Calling them all out by number and saying things like "trash" and some other stuff i couldn't decipher live.

He said, "#24, trash, #27, trash, #43, F__KBOY" according to Twitter
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:12 PM)Since82 Wrote: Ravens have one offensive threat and we didn't try to gameplan to take it away. Bad gameplan IMO.

Was wondering the same thing. No excuse not putting a double team on him at all times. Almost bit us in the end but it was nice to see the never say die in them and get the win.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He said, "#24, trash, #27, trash, #43, F__KBOY" according to Twitter

ahhhh. I knew i saw "boy" i just didn't see the first half of it. Thanks.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: ahhhh. I knew i saw "boy" i just didn't see the first half of it. Thanks.

For some reason, the editing option is wrecked right now...

Anyway, he also said #20. He trashed the whole secondary. 

It would be really nice if he got a nice welcome when he comes to Cincy. In the form of several hard hits on every reception. Or at least Iloka leveling him when he comes across the middle.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For some reason, the editing option is wrecked right now...

Anyway, he also said #20. He trashed the whole secondary. 

It would be really nice if he got a nice welcome when he comes to Cincy. In the form of several hard hits on every reception. Or at least Iloka leveling him when he comes across the middle.

Two things--Getting the win punished dbag89 pretty hard.  All his glory for naught.  Also, did Iloka leave the game?  Wasn't Shawn Williams in there at the end?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:24 PM)McC Wrote: Two things--Getting the win punished dbag89 pretty hard.  All his glory for naught.  Also, did Iloka leave the game?  Wasn't Shawn Williams in there at the end?

I was going to ask the same thing because Williams was in there late and Iloka is only credited with, i think, 2 tackles.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was going to ask the same thing because Williams was in there late and Iloka is only credited with, i think, 2 tackles.

After the last play, which Williams was defending, Iloka came up to him from the sidelines, helmet in hand.  Iloka must have aggravated whatever injury he had last week.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote