Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Wk 5 GameDay Thread...Seahawks @ Bengals***
Seattle Seahawks (2-2)   vs.   Cincinnati Bengals (4-0)
Sunday, October 11, 1:00 PM on FOX
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
[Image: cincinnati_bengals_vs_seattle_seahawks.jpg]

First look: Bengals vs. Seahawks

The Bengals are off to one of the best starts in franchise history following a 36-21 home victory over Kansas City last week. This is only the fourth time the Bengals have started 4-0 and the first time since 2005. The Bengals once again featured a balanced offense (26 rushes, 24 passes) and the defense produced five sacks and forced a turnover.

Seattle evened their record with a 13-10 prime time victory over Detroit at home on Monday Night Football – even without Marshawn Lynch. Lynch should be back this week, and he’s needed – the Seahawks have struggled to protect Russell Wilson and get any semblance of a passing game going. That said, Lynch hasn’t been totally able to make up for a poor offensive line with just 128 yards in three games at 3.4 yards per carry – a career low to this point.

Read the Full Article by Jim Owczarski

Reply/Quote
I want the Jungle to do their part in intimidating Seattle. I would like the Bengals to make this a statement game.
Reply/Quote
Marshawn Lynch has just been officially ruled out for the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 05:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Marshawn Lynch has just been officially ruled out for the game.

With Lynch out and Jackson questionable, the Hawk o-line struggling, and Wilson already being sacked 18 times...hopefully, the Bengals D will be able to control the line of scrimmage, get some solid pressure and force some mistakes.
Reply/Quote
Iloka. Any word?
Reply/Quote
Will the chat box be up today?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Apparently, Fred Jackson will be taking the field for the Hawks.

In other news...

Jim Owczarski ‏@JimOwczarski  4h4 hours ago

A most dedicated #Bengals tailgater: walking to PBS with a plastic bag full of beer

LOL  Clapping
Reply/Quote
Iloka and Gilberry both active...inactives all the usual suspects

Bengals Inactives:
WR Greg Little
WR Mario Alford
CB Chris Lewis-Harris
TE C.J. Uzomah
DT Marcus Hardison
DT Pat Sims
DT Margus Hunt

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:33 PM)pally Wrote: Iloka and Gilberry both active...inactives all the usual suspects

Bengals Inactives:
WR Greg Little
WR Mario Alford
CB Chris Lewis-Harris
TE C.J. Uzomah
DT Marcus Hardison
DT Pat Sims
DT Margus Hunt
Pat is not a ususal suspect, nor is he listed on the injury report.
Reply/Quote
Thompson is faster than Sims and should be better at containing Wilson

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: Thompson is faster than Sims and should be better at containing Wilson

That's arguable.  If Brandon is faster right now, it is due to the age difference.

But that is beside the point.  Pat is much better against the run, which helps force 3rd and longs that neither of those players would be in the game for.  We would put out 3 ends with Geno in those situations, so Sims being inactive is not good for our defense, imo.

I wonder if he did something to piss Marvin off.  Curfew violation maybe?
Reply/Quote
No chatbox again? Not complaining just curious.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Will the chat box be up today?

We will be sticking with the gameday thread for this game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: Thompson is faster than Sims and should be better at containing Wilson

Yep, I was wondering if they'd activate Hunt (if Wallace couldn't play), and was worried Wilson would make him look like a fool, whiffing on pressure.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe
Noticeably different vibe in here today. More people, louder during warm ups. Feels like a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 01:08 PM)J24 Wrote: No chatbox again? Not complaining just curious.

The chat was causing some server issues. Some tweaks were made, and we'll probably test it out again for the Bills game. With this being a game where a lot of activity is expected, the GD thread is the better option for today.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 01:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The chat was causing some server issues. Some tweaks were made, and we'll probably test it out again for the Bills game. With this being a game where a lot of activity is expected, the GD thread is the better option for today.

No worries man I was just making sure there wasn't something wrong on my end.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Going to be an awesome game. I've been looking forward to this one since the final seconds ticked in the KC game.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 01:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The chat was causing some server issues. Some tweaks were made, and we'll probably test it out again for the Bills game. With this being a game where a lot of activity is expected, the GD thread is the better option for today.

Not sure how technical you are, but I'll ask anyway: does the chatbox use websockets or is does it require polling?
Reply/Quote
Fun fact: The last time the Bengals started 5-0...the went to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote