Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf Does A Fanspeak Mock
So instead of doing a traditional mock as I normally do, I'm doing one from Fanspeak. So, here it is.

Round 1: Rueben Foster, LB. Alabama
One of the best defenders in this draft, Foster gives us a dynamic linebacker duo between he and Burfict. He's aggressive and plays with a mean streak. Amazing against the run and shows great instincts. Can read and react quickly and gives us a linebacker that can consistently sniff out passes to the running back. He has great closing speed. Between him and Burfict, we could end up having the best linebacker corp for years to come.

Round 2: John Ross, WR. Washington
I know I know, we need other things. But I'm making this pick assuming we do not resign LaFell. Ross is a deep threat and a play maker. We've gotten on the Bengals for passing on DeSean Jackson years ago, but here's DeSean Jackson 2.0. Great release and can make people miss. He's a much better route runner than you'd expect from someone so fast. Dalton will have no issue with throwing the deep ball to Ross. This gives us a dynamic we haven't had in years.

Round 3: Ethan Pocic, C. LSU
My personal favorite center from this class. He's powerful and was one of the best this season. He allowed 0 QB hits and 0 QB hits this past season and only allowed 5 hurries. He's a mauler in the run game and is explosive off the line. I want this guy. Badly. This would be a tremendous boost to our offensive line and if I were there on draft day and he's sitting here, I'm running to the podium.

Round 4A: DeVonte Fields, DE. TCU/Louisville
Been following Fields since he was a freshman at TCU. He's versatile as he's lined up in different stances. Flexible body and has great speed around the edge. He possesses very good hands and is able to counter if his first move doesn't work. He can bring pressure and bring it quick. However, there's obvious off the field concerns and he needs to do better with footwork and strength at the point of attack. If he can improve his strength, he may go higher than this.

Round 4B: Adam Bisnowaty, OT. Pitt
I am a huge fan of this guy. He has great length and technique. He finds ways to win and knows how to do it. He could use some strength, but he is able to win matchups. He may be better suited to play as a guard, but in any case he adds depth to an offensive line that has so many questions. A smart player who has been consistent his entire career in Pitt. He may end up surprising people no matter where he ends up.

Round 4C: James Conner, RB. Pitt
If you haven't read about this guy's battle with Hodgkin lymphoma, I suggest doing so. But about the guy, he attacks holes and is a pure smash mouth type of player. He is going to hit you and make it hurt. He can also make quick cut moves and keep his legs churning, able to add speed. He has quickness, but he's not as elusive nor has top end speed. He seems to have lost a step, but that could also be because of his MCL injury and battling cancer. Conner has a chance to rise up the boards depending on his 40 time.

Round 5: Adam Shaheen, TE. Ashland
Lesser known tight end, but definitely someone to keep an eye on. He is tall and has top end speed for a tight end. He's athletic and gives us another option. Sure, we have high hopes for Kroft and Uzomah, but let's still bring in competition. He has good frame for a tight end and also has soft hands. I will like to see him block, but this is someone who is very intriguing to me personally.

Round 6A: Josh Jones, S. NC State
Needing depth in the safety position, I decided to take a chance on Jones. His junior year he greatly improved and was a machine on defense. He showed better technique and awareness than his previous year. A hard hitter as a strong safety, he has room for improvement but he had a very good year in 2016. He has the ability to get better as years go on.

Round 6B: Chad Kelly, Ole Miss
A gun slinger type quarterback who is dealing with injuries. If he had not been hurt, he could have gone much higher than this. He has a big arm and can make throws, but also has an ego problem. There's no doubt he has the type of arm to make plays, but he also needs to improve his decision making.

Round 6C: Jeremiah Ledbetter, DT/DE. Arkansas
A big type of guy, Ledbetter gives us a player with knowledge to play anywhere on the defensive front. He's strong but will need to work on technique.

Round 7: DJ Jones, DT. Ole Miss
Someone who can come in and play defensive tackle. He shows to be smart but doesn't have many big plays.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 08:57 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So instead of doing a traditional mock as I normally do, I'm doing one from Fanspeak. So, here it is.

Round 1: Rueben Foster, LB. Alabama
One of the best defenders in this draft, Foster gives us a dynamic linebacker duo between he and Burfict. He's aggressive and plays with a mean streak. Amazing against the run and shows great instincts. Can read and react quickly and gives us a linebacker that can consistently sniff out passes to the running back. He has great closing speed. Between him and Burfict, we could end up having the best linebacker corp for years to come.

Round 2: John Ross, WR. Washington
I know I know, we need other things. But I'm making this pick assuming we do not resign LaFell. Ross is a deep threat and a play maker. We've gotten on the Bengals for passing on DeSean Jackson years ago, but here's DeSean Jackson 2.0. Great release and can make people miss. He's a much better route runner than you'd expect from someone so fast. Dalton will have no issue with throwing the deep ball to Ross. This gives us a dynamic we haven't had in years.

Round 3: Ethan Pocic, C. LSU
My personal favorite center from this class. He's powerful and was one of the best this season. He allowed 0 QB hits and 0 QB hits this past season and only allowed 5 hurries. He's a mauler in the run game and is explosive off the line. I want this guy. Badly. This would be a tremendous boost to our offensive line and if I were there on draft day and he's sitting here, I'm running to the podium.

Round 4A: DeVonte Fields, DE. TCU/Louisville
Been following Fields since he was a freshman at TCU. He's versatile as he's lined up in different stances. Flexible body and has great speed around the edge. He possesses very good hands and is able to counter if his first move doesn't work. He can bring pressure and bring it quick. However, there's obvious off the field concerns and he needs to do better with footwork and strength at the point of attack. If he can improve his strength, he may go higher than this.

Round 4B: Adam Bisnowaty, OT. Pitt
I am a huge fan of this guy. He has great length and technique. He finds ways to win and knows how to do it. He could use some strength, but he is able to win matchups. He may be better suited to play as a guard, but in any case he adds depth to an offensive line that has so many questions. A smart player who has been consistent his entire career in Pitt. He may end up surprising people no matter where he ends up.

Round 4C: James Conner, RB. Pitt
If you haven't read about this guy's battle with Hodgkin lymphoma, I suggest doing so. But about the guy, he attacks holes and is a pure smash mouth type of player. He is going to hit you and make it hurt. He can also make quick cut moves and keep his legs churning, able to add speed. He has quickness, but he's not as elusive nor has top end speed. He seems to have lost a step, but that could also be because of his MCL injury and battling cancer. Conner has a chance to rise up the boards depending on his 40 time.

Round 5: Adam Shaheen, TE. Ashland
Lesser known tight end, but definitely someone to keep an eye on. He is tall and has top end speed for a tight end. He's athletic and gives us another option. Sure, we have high hopes for Kroft and Uzomah, but let's still bring in competition. He has good frame for a tight end and also has soft hands. I will like to see him block, but this is someone who is very intriguing to me personally.

Round 6A: Josh Jones, S. NC State
Needing depth in the safety position, I decided to take a chance on Jones. His junior year he greatly improved and was a machine on defense. He showed better technique and awareness than his previous year. A hard hitter as a strong safety, he has room for improvement but he had a very good year in 2016. He has the ability to get better as years go on.

Round 6B: Chad Kelly, Ole Miss
A gun slinger type quarterback who is dealing with injuries. If he had not been hurt, he could have gone much higher than this. He has a big arm and can make throws, but also has an ego problem. There's no doubt he has the type of arm to make plays, but he also needs to improve his decision making.

Round 6C: Jeremiah Ledbetter, DT/DE. Arkansas
A big type of guy, Ledbetter gives us a player with knowledge to play anywhere on the defensive front. He's strong but will need to work on technique.

Round 7: DJ Jones, DT. Ole Miss
Someone who can come in and play defensive tackle. He shows to be smart but doesn't have many big plays.

Good mock Wolf. I like most of the picks. Not only do you have what I would consider impact starters, but also some good depth.
Reply/Quote
I was high on Brandin Cooks coming out of college, as I thought he'd be a perfect fit as a deep threat and big play threat. He's proven to be that with New Orleans. If John Ross can be like Cooks, I'm for it, especially in the 2nd round.

Question - If Ross isn't available in the 2nd, what about Dede Westbrook? He's a very similar player to Ross, but a thinner frame. He does have off-field baggage too though.

Foster and Pocic are two of my favorites too. Pocic in 3rd would be a gift. I'd pull the trigger on him in the 2nd honestly.

Good mock overall.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 11:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I was high on Brandin Cooks coming out of college, as I thought he'd be a perfect fit as a deep threat and big play threat. He's proven to be that with New Orleans. If John Ross can be like Cooks, I'm for it, especially in the 2nd round.

Question - If Ross isn't available in the 2nd, what about Dede Westbrook? He's a very similar player to Ross, but a thinner frame. He does have off-field baggage too though.

Foster and Pocic are two of my favorites too. Pocic in 3rd would be a gift. I'd pull the trigger on him in the 2nd honestly.

Good mock overall.

I can also see Ross playing like Cooks, they have a similar playing style.

I do like Westbrook. The thing is I've seen him mocked anywhere between round 2 to round 4 due to, like you said, his thin frame. That's going to scare some people, so seeing his weight and seeing if he bulked up and can maintain speed is going to be HUGE for him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote