Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Final Mock Draft
So I normally don't do many mock drafts, but I figured today would be a good last day. As many of you know, I'm a big fan of Barnett and want him. However, due to my last mock and official mock both drafting him, I'm changing it to the other player I really want at #9. So here we go.

Round 1: John Ross, WR. Washington
He is more than just speed, he's one of the best route runners in this draft. He has quick feet and can cut in and out of breaks. He can accelerate and doesn't slow down when running routes. Great double moves and is a much better pass catches than people give him credit for. Ross would give the Bengals something they've never had, a true speed demon deep threat. Sure, we have had deep threats like Chris Henry, AJ Green, and Chad Johnson; but Ross possesses elite speed like nothing we've ever seen on offense. Medical issues may cause teams to be weary, but it sounds like he's checked out so far.

Round 2: Ethan Pocic, C. LSU
I know a lot of people like Elflein, as do I, but I am a bigger fan of Pocic personally. Pocic is well rounded in both pass blocking and run blocking, and he fires off the ball. He's accustomed to taking on double teams. Great use of hands and although he isn't the strongest, he does enough to keep defenders at bay and move with them. He takes great angles and can guide the defender where he wants. Has some trouble with pad level due to his size, but he's athletic and with some more core strength would be a very good center in the NFL.

Round 3: Derek Rivers, DE. Youngstown
One of the most natural pass rushers that can bend around the corner. Rivers is very athletic and has strong hands. A disruptive player who has had success each of his years playing. Plays with a burst off the edge that can create havoc; however he will have to do better anticipation at the next level. Uses a combination of speed and power to set up opponents and even uses a combination of them to offset lineman. Big potential with this guy.

Round 4A: Sidney Jones, CB. Washington
Some people don't think he will be here, but don't forget Ifo Ekpre-Olomu went from arguably the nest CB to going in the 7th round after his ACL tear. Sidney Jones is one of the best corners in this draft and the Bengals have uncertainty at this position. Yes, they have players, but Adam Jones could be suspended, Dennard has dealt with numerous injuries his entire career, and WJIII has never played a snap. Worst case scenario, this is a BPA who can be put on rest.

Round 4B: Aviante Collins, OT. TCU
The Bengals need offensive line depth and Collins adds that. He's a tremendous athlete. Possesses great footwork and body control, he's always ready to engage in a block rather than sit and be still. Very good job when asked to pull and can give a big blow to opponents. He will have to work on strength and build himself up into his frame, but there's potential with Collins and it gives the Bengals some depth at a tackle position they may badly need.

Round 5A: Jamaal Williams, RB. BYU
The Bengals are expected to go RB and Williams gives them a bruiser and powerful running back. He sees the hole and attacks rather than dance around in the backfield and wait. He uses the stiff arm accordingly and will beat defenders with it. He;s not the most athletic runner, but he's someone who will go rather than wait for something to open up. Also read that he fumbles 1 time in every 140 carries.

Round 5B: DeVonte Fields, DE. Louisville
There's been flags throughout his career, but his talent is certainly there. He is dangerous and has some great burst off the line. Questions about his motor and love for the game, but if he wants it, he will get it. Can counter really well and doesn't win with just one move. Fields has the potential fo be one of the best defenders from this draft, however there are red flags all around him. DUde could be something special if he gives it his all.

Round 6A: Chad Kelly, QB. Ole Miss
Character concerns for sure, but Chad Kelly has a lot of potential and would be a better backup than McCarron. This may also allow the Bengals to move on from him as well. He has very good touch throws into zone coverage and can make some amazing throws as well. He's noy exactly a deep passer and will have balls sail on him, but he has things you like in a quarterback.

Round 6B: Kenny Golladay, Northern Illinois
The Bengals go with a wide receiver with some upside. He's a physical player with long strides and uses power in and out of his breaks. Has good hands and has a very good catch radius. Takes some time to get up to speed and needs to improve on route timing, but overall Golladay could be a surprise gem in this draft.

Round 7A: Eric Wilson, ILB. Cincinnati
The Bengals go with a hometown kid. Has a nose for the ball and runs where it is. Has a ton of special teams experience and did extremely well for it. He's a little undersized and can get blocked out of plays, but Wilson could become a very good special teams player.

Round 7B: Treyvon Hester, DT. Toledo
The Bengals get some defensive tackle depth. He plays well as a 3 technique and would be good in a rotational position. Must work better on point of attack but he is athletic enough to make people miss.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it. But I still feel like we'll take Mixon in 2 if he's there.
Reply/Quote
If they get Jones in the 4th, the team should be arrested  for larceny.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 06:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So I normally don't do many mock drafts, but I figured today would be a good last day. As many of you know, I'm a big fan of Barnett and want him. However, due to my last mock and official mock both drafting him, I'm changing it to the other player I really want at #9. So here we go.

Round 1: John Ross, WR. Washington
He is more than just speed, he's one of the best route runners in this draft. He has quick feet and can cut in and out of breaks. He can accelerate and doesn't slow down when running routes. Great double moves and is a much better pass catches than people give him credit for. Ross would give the Bengals something they've never had, a true speed demon deep threat. Sure, we have had deep threats like Chris Henry, AJ Green, and Chad Johnson; but Ross possesses elite speed like nothing we've ever seen on offense. Medical issues may cause teams to be weary, but it sounds like he's checked out so far.

Round 2: Ethan Pocic, C. LSU
I know a lot of people like Elflein, as do I, but I am a bigger fan of Pocic personally. Pocic is well rounded in both pass blocking and run blocking, and he fires off the ball. He's accustomed to taking on double teams. Great use of hands and although he isn't the strongest, he does enough to keep defenders at bay and move with them. He takes great angles and can guide the defender where he wants. Has some trouble with pad level due to his size, but he's athletic and with some more core strength would be a very good center in the NFL.

Round 3: Derek Rivers, DE. Youngstown
One of the most natural pass rushers that can bend around the corner. Rivers is very athletic and has strong hands. A disruptive player who has had success each of his years playing. Plays with a burst off the edge that can create havoc; however he will have to do better anticipation at the next level. Uses a combination of speed and power to set up opponents and even uses a combination of them to offset lineman. Big potential with this guy.

Round 4A: Sidney Jones, CB. Washington
Some people don't think he will be here, but don't forget Ifo Ekpre-Olomu went from arguably the nest CB to going in the 7th round after his ACL tear. Sidney Jones is one of the best corners in this draft and the Bengals have uncertainty at this position. Yes, they have players, but Adam Jones could be suspended, Dennard has dealt with numerous injuries his entire career, and WJIII has never played a snap. Worst case scenario, this is a BPA who can be put on rest.

Round 4B: Aviante Collins, OT. TCU
The Bengals need offensive line depth and Collins adds that. He's a tremendous athlete. Possesses great footwork and body control, he's always ready to engage in a block rather than sit and be still. Very good job when asked to pull and can give a big blow to opponents. He will have to work on strength and build himself up into his frame, but there's potential with Collins and it gives the Bengals some depth at a tackle position they may badly need.

Round 5A: Jamaal Williams, RB. BYU
The Bengals are expected to go RB and Williams gives them a bruiser and powerful running back. He sees the hole and attacks rather than dance around in the backfield and wait. He uses the stiff arm accordingly and will beat defenders with it. He;s not the most athletic runner, but he's someone who will go rather than wait for something to open up. Also read that he fumbles 1 time in every 140 carries.

Round 5B: DeVonte Fields, DE. Louisville
There's been flags throughout his career, but his talent is certainly there. He is dangerous and has some great burst off the line. Questions about his motor and love for the game, but if he wants it, he will get it. Can counter really well and doesn't win with just one move. Fields has the potential fo be one of the best defenders from this draft, however there are red flags all around him. DUde could be something special if he gives it his all.

Round 6A: Chad Kelly, QB. Ole Miss
Character concerns for sure, but Chad Kelly has a lot of potential and would be a better backup than McCarron. This may also allow the Bengals to move on from him as well. He has very good touch throws into zone coverage and can make some amazing throws as well. He's noy exactly a deep passer and will have balls sail on him, but he has things you like in a quarterback.

Round 6B: Kenny Golladay, Northern Illinois
The Bengals go with a wide receiver with some upside. He's a physical player with long strides and uses power in and out of his breaks. Has good hands and has a very good catch radius. Takes some time to get up to speed and needs to improve on route timing, but overall Golladay could be a surprise gem in this draft.

Round 7A: Eric Wilson, ILB. Cincinnati
The Bengals go with a hometown kid. Has a nose for the ball and runs where it is. Has a ton of special teams experience and did extremely well for it. He's a little undersized and can get blocked out of plays, but Wilson could become a very good special teams player.

Round 7B: Treyvon Hester, DT. Toledo
The Bengals get some defensive tackle depth. He plays well as a 3 technique and would be good in a rotational position. Must work better on point of attack but he is athletic enough to make people miss.
I like OJ Howard over Ross if he is available

I also like Mixon in round 2 I am hoping we trade back into round 2 mid round to grab Pocic or Eflein who will be there

I also would you our 6th round comp. on Conley if he is there (we don't need a 4th QB even if we trade AJM in my opinion)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
No surprise, love this Mock. Ross is my fave pick at 9 now a day before the draft.

Pocic has talents that Bodine never has and knows how to move his blocks accordingly, with angles. Tall Center though damn.

Love Rivers at this spot and am all for him. Dude can bend as you say Wolf, this is what we need opposite Dunlap.

Sidney goes without speaking, great player at a great value spot, have to take him here.

Aviante is that raw talented OT we need in this draft, i had Davenport, but this guy might be better with his feet.

Watched Jamaal Williams at BYU and he looks like a future star, dude has legs of iron with quick feet and burst. Love this pick.

The rest is great as well.

Great job Wolf and like i said, no surprise brother. Cool
Reply/Quote