Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Post Combine Mock Draft
I'm back into freelance writing and decided to do a new mock draft after the combine. Let me know what you think:
http://stripehype.com/2016/03/07/bengals-post-combine-mock-draft/
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm back into freelance writing and decided to do a new mock draft after the combine. Let me know what you think:

Love the first pick  ThumbsUp  I think a good nose would make our front four elite and take our entire D to a new level.

Not sure on the second because I've been against spending a high pick on a receiver (assuming we re-sign Jones).  I'd rather see two tight ends on the field (Eifert and Kroft/Uzomah) than three receivers.  We could also get a FA or a late receiver.

I like the third round linebacker.

Glasgow would be good because Bodine makes me want to put a bullet in what's left of my brain.

If we re-sign Iloka, I can maybe see waiting that long for a safety, and Lucas does seem a little small, but I love his downhill play, his ability to anticipate and play the pass, and how he's not afraid to get physical.  

Not bad  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 05:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love the first pick  ThumbsUp  I think a good nose would make our front four elite and take our entire D to a new level.

Not sure on the second because I've been against spending a high pick on a receiver (assuming we re-sign Jones).  I'd rather see two tight ends on the field (Eifert and Kroft/Uzomah) than three receivers.  We could also get a FA or a late receiver.

I like the third round linebacker.

Glasgow would be good because Bodine makes me want to put a bullet in what's left of my brain.

If we re-sign Iloka, I can maybe see waiting that long for a safety, and Lucas does seem a little small, but I love his downhill play, his ability to anticipate and play the pass, and how he's not afraid to get physical.  

Not bad  ThumbsUp

Billings may not start his first season, but he would definitely get playing time. Kid has a ton of potential and is getting better.

I just have a gut feeling that Jones and Sanu will both be leaving, sadly. However, I really like Boyd overall and think he could definitely help us out if we lost either one.

Glasgow also has played OG, so that adds versatility and competition.

I think Iloka is a higher priority than Jones. But still need depth

Reply/Quote
Really like this whole draft.

Would be amazing if we could get this draft done Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Is billings a 3 down player in your mind or a two down player? I have heard mixed things about him on that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The best complement I could give is I may not post one after this mock, it's mint. Lots of talent if the dominoes all fall into place. Billings is the high end NT type we've wanted beside Geno. Solid point on his weaknesses, they're coachable for the most part. Work with this kid for a year on keeping his balance in exploding into gaps and it's going to be tough for opposing lines to defend Cincy's 4 man line.

I'm alike in the reasoning for the 2nd pick. Sure, I'd like to retain Marvin and bring along a mid round guy, but Jones is getting a big payday somewhere. If Sanu wants say 4.5-5M he can take his continuity and intangibles somewhere else. The money is better spent keeping some of the key DB's instead. I was hoping one of the fringe 1sts would drop, but I'd be okay with Boyd. The main draw is him producing fearlessly in a crappy situation. Scouts will have to be sure he can handle himself in breaking off the line to get open, if he projects as average in this sense than his hands and body control make him worth this pick. I'd be open to other WR targets depending on how they line up after visits though.

I see Jones in a lot of mocks at this spot, and he makes too much sense. They could use a descent coverage WLB like him, especially the way the game is being played. You'd get a lot of value out of him in a rotation and on ST early on so he doesn't burn out. I don't know if Glasgow will be there in the 4th, but I'd snatch him up quick. It would take a run on other positions, magnifying his red flags and seeing him as a jack of all trades but master of none. Truth is, he has too much consistency and versatility to pass on. Perfect fit for a team with a questionable center and RG that may leave for a big pay day next year. I don't know much about Ochi, but any sort of pass rusher you could let play for a back end rotation spot or redshirt year to stack is a good use of a 5th. I could see Lucas being gone, teams with extra picks could see his high end upside as a ballhawk worth waiting for. Addison looks like a CFA to date, I'm thinking there is more value elsewhere but we're splitting hairs at this point if my lone real qualm is a 7th rounder that may stick as a return man anyway. Fabulous scenario if it happens, solid write up too.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm back into freelance writing and decided to do a new mock draft after the combine. Let me know what you think:

Really, really like this draft.  Although I could see the benefit of a first round selection of a guy like Billings, I don't think the Bengals will go for that if there is one of about 5 CBs still available.  

I really like the WR from Pitt, but would hope for Doctson from TCU or even Braxton Miller from OSU instead if they are still on the board.  

You nailed the position groups overall, though, and I would be very happy with that. 

Perhaps another more realistic option would be slide in the first and gain an additional 3rd rounder, get the WR in the end of Round 1 (Doctson) and then get one of the DEs in Round 2.  

Nice work!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 04:17 AM)phil413 Wrote:   If Sanu wants say 4.5-5M he can take his continuity and intangibles somewhere else.  The money is better spent keeping some of the key DB's instead.

I was hoping one of the fringe 1sts would drop, but I'd be okay with Boyd.  The main draw is him producing fearlessly in a crappy situation.  Scouts will have to be sure he can handle himself in breaking off the line to get open, if he projects as average in this sense than his hands and body control make him worth this pick.  I'd be open to other WR targets depending on how they line up after visits though.  
Point #1, exactly!

Point #2, Boyd didn't exactly have a stellar QB getting him the ball.  That is one intangible that I have always looked for from certain players.  Some of the WRs from teams like Va Tech, and even LSU have been really good NFL talent, but were never given the opportunities to be feature WRs due to their offensive scheme and lack of talent at the QB position.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 03:52 AM)J24 Wrote: Is billings a 3 down player in your mind or a two down player? I have heard mixed things about him on that.

I could see Billings as a 3 down player, but he's still very raw and needs to work on more pass rushing moves. At the worst, he would be a two down player. Just depends on his progressions.

I imagine his first year he would only get rotational opportunities. He will benefit from Atkins getting more double teams however.

(03-08-2016, 04:17 AM)phil413 Wrote: The best complement I could give is I may not post one after this mock, it's mint.  Lots of talent if the dominoes all fall into place.   Billings is the high end NT type we've wanted beside Geno.  Solid point on his weaknesses, they're coachable for the most part.  Work with this kid for a year on keeping his balance in exploding into gaps and it's going to be tough for opposing lines to defend Cincy's 4 man line.  

I'm alike in the reasoning for the 2nd pick.  Sure, I'd like to retain Marvin and bring along a mid round guy, but Jones is getting a big payday somewhere.  If Sanu wants say 4.5-5M he can take his continuity and intangibles somewhere else.  The money is better spent keeping some of the key DB's instead.  I was hoping one of the fringe 1sts would drop, but I'd be okay with Boyd.  The main draw is him producing fearlessly in a crappy situation.  Scouts will have to be sure he can handle himself in breaking off the line to get open, if he projects as average in this sense than his hands and body control make him worth this pick.  I'd be open to other WR targets depending on how they line up after visits though.  

I see Jones in a lot of mocks at this spot, and he makes too much sense.  They could use a descent coverage WLB like him, especially the way the game is being played. You'd get a lot of value out of him in a rotation and on ST early on so he doesn't burn out.  I don't know if Glasgow will be there in the 4th, but I'd snatch him up quick.  It would take a run on other positions, magnifying his red flags and seeing him as a jack of all trades but master of none.  Truth is, he has too much consistency and versatility to pass on.  Perfect fit for a team with a questionable center and RG that may leave for a big pay day next year.  I don't know much about Ochi, but any sort of pass rusher you could let play for a back end rotation spot or redshirt year to stack is a good use of a 5th.  I could see Lucas being gone, teams with extra picks could see his high end upside as a ballhawk worth waiting for.  Addison looks like a CFA to date, I'm thinking there is more value elsewhere but we're splitting hairs at this point if my lone real qualm is a 7th rounder that may stick as a return man anyway.  Fabulous scenario if it happens, solid write up too.

Billings' ceiling is high. He still has a ways to go, but if he was more reformed I don't think we would even be discussing him falling out of the top 10.

I'm very high on Boyd. He has a lot of solid things to like and he's a strong competitor. He never gave up and always tried to be the best out there, no quit in him.

Jones I see as the LB/S hybrid many are trying to gain. And I agree, he's a monster in the ST aspect. Glasgow was iffy for me.Obviously red flags but also he's not really amazing at any position. His versatility and competitive spirit would be a welcome addition. Just not sure if a team will grab him before the 4th round. I love Ochi. I'm very hit and miss with these lesser known players like him. I was very high on Jordan Campbell and Dontay Moch, but we saw how that went. I could also see Lucas gone, I'd be fine with grabbing him sooner though. And 7th rounders are 7th rounders lol.

I appreciate the feedback and support.

(03-08-2016, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really, really like this draft.  Although I could see the benefit of a first round selection of a guy like Billings, I don't think the Bengals will go for that if there is one of about 5 CBs still available.  

I really like the WR from Pitt, but would hope for Doctson from TCU or even Braxton Miller from OSU instead if they are still on the board.  

You nailed the position groups overall, though, and I would be very happy with that. 

Perhaps another more realistic option would be slide in the first and gain an additional 3rd rounder, get the WR in the end of Round 1 (Doctson) and then get one of the DEs in Round 2.  

Nice work!

If Docston is there in the 1st I'd love to take him. He's by far my favorite WR in this draft. However, I think another team will snag him. And I have a gut feeling that if he's there at 23, Minnesota will take him. Now that they got rid of Wallace it's more likely.

But thank you!

(03-08-2016, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Point #1, exactly!

Point #2, Boyd didn't exactly have a stellar QB getting him the ball.  That is one intangible that I have always looked for from certain players.  Some of the WRs from teams like Va Tech, and even LSU have been really good NFL talent, but were never given the opportunities to be feature WRs due to their offensive scheme and lack of talent at the QB position.  

Boyd's biggest knock is QB play and a very low TD percentage rate. Granted, you have to look at who was around him. Boyd did quite well and I like him over a few other WRs.

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
I could rock with this draft. I would personally swap Boyd for Sterling Shepard, but wouldn't be upset if Boyd we in stripes.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:57 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: I could rock with this draft. I would personally swap Boyd for Sterling Shepard, but wouldn't be upset if Boyd we in stripes.

I have to watch more tape on Shepherd, he's someone I've seen more and more people talk about so I have to check him out.

Happened last year with Diggs, so I'm gonna watch some tape on him soon.

Reply/Quote