Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Post-Combine Mock Draft
(03-10-2020, 03:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I have risen from the ashes, it's been so long since I've posted on these boards. Hope you're all doing well.

Anyway. Mock Draft time:

Round 1: Joe Burrow, QB
Joe Burrow is the future. He's an extremely accurate passer who puts the balls in spots his guy can make a play. His placement is top notch and he plays with great anticipation. An underrated trait is that he throws the ball in s pot where it leads the receiver to gain more yardage. Joe Burrow has amazing pocket awareness and keeps his eyes down the field. Joe Burrow does SO many things extremely well when it comes to being a quarterback. His biggest knock is not having elite arm strength, but that's play because literally everything else he does makes up for it. There's going to be question marks if this is just a one year wonder, but he had arguably the greatest season for a quarterback. The tape he's put out is astounding this year and he's battled week in and week out. Heck, even last year to end the season he went 6 games without throwing an interception. There's a lot to like about Burrow's tape.

Round 2: Patrick Queen, LB
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals went offense here, but with so many wide receivers showing off at the combine and the NFL going more offensive, Queen may slip through the cracks. If he does, Bengals will jump all over him. He's a sideline to sideline linebacker who can diagnose plays quickly and get to the ball. Because of his speed and recognition, he can hit the gap before a blocker can get there. He does struggle to get off of blocks and has shown he will wait for blockers to come to him, but that can be improved with over time due to him being a one year starter. Queen could be the face of the Bengals defense for years to come.

Round 3: Isaiah Wilson, OT
There are some concerns at the offensive line unit, and that includes health questions. Isaiah Wilson is a huge boom-bust player. Wilson has shown flashes where he straight up mauls opponents and attacks with ferocity. He can uproot the opponent with ease and essentially take over that play. His size, speed, and strength are all on the elite side. However, his technique leaves much to be desired. He can sometimes get off balanced, and while he does have quick feet, that won't save him in the NFL when it comes to recovering. Wilson has the tools to be very good in the NFL, it's up to the coaching staff to get him there.

Round 4: Thaddeus Moss, TE
The Bengals wait until round 4 to give Burrow a new toy, but it's one he's familiar with. Moss has some incredible hands and won some heavily contested passes. He will have to work on his footwork speed going in and out of routes, but Moss showed he's powerful and can win one on one. He does alright as a blocker as well, his hand placement isn't great but if he does it right, he is a good blocker. There's room for Moss to grow and he could end up being the Bengals #1 TE as time goes on. He's a dependable catcher who will see throws go his way on 3rd down and red zone trips.

Round 5: Bryan Edwards, WR
This is a hopeful pick, but hey it's the draft, players slip. Edwards is a poor man's AJ Green. He is less athletic and needs to work on his route running, but he certainly has the production you want out of a bigger receiver. He can keep his hands down and the suddenly pop them up to make a catch, making it harder for defenders to know when the ball is coming. Edwards is also a very physical player and can beat you to the ball. He needs to polish some aspects of his game, but he can contribute early on.

Round 6: Trey Adams, OT
Now I've seen Adams mocked to go in round 3, I've seen him fall to 6. Assuming he's here, the Bengals absolutely need to take a chance on this guy. The Bengals took Wilson who lacks technique, meanwhile Trey Adams has amazing technique. Adams is always balanced and quickly where he needs to be, even when pulling. He can move well and attack with his hands. There are durability questions and some may even want to move him inside. If Adams can remain healthy, he may end up being a wild card to be a starter.

Round 7: Sage Lewis, LB
Quick linebacker who can go sideline to sideline. Fast hips and can change direction. Didn't go against top end talent sadly, but I think he is someone the Bengals could/should give a chance in the 7th round.

Welcome back

I could live with it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Wolf, long time no see. Cool

Good to see you back. ThumbsUp

To the Mock, I love every pick but Queen as I have said to other folks around here who have us taking him in the 2nd. Queen
was a late round pick before the College football playoffs, he has so little production besides these games and like you said he
is not good at shedding blocks and like the rest of our LB's is not a great tackler.

I would take him in the mid rounds if he fell, but I like Murray, Buan and even Gaither better than Queen.

Good job, I just hope we get a LB in FA and if this happens I would draft Grant Delpit in Queen's place or Baun as I don't see
Murray making it to 33.

Glad to be back!

Queen is someone who I could see going in the first round, to slipping in the 2nd round due to his little play time. He was tremendous last year and had a very good combine, curious as to how teams view him.

I would be completely fine with Buan and Gaither as well. Gaither could give us speed we've desperately been needing.

Delpit would fit extremely well here. Especially with Williams only having 1 year left on his deal.

(03-11-2020, 11:26 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: Probably one of my favorite Mocks I have seen. Love addressing LBs and O-Lineman early and then doubling down.
I keep seeing WRs mocked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Assuming AJ is being tagged, the Bengals are rolling out
Green, Boyd, Ross, and Tate as 1-4, which is pretty solid imo. Also love seeing TE addressed. I do not think DB is as bigger need if the FO resigns Dennard, Wilson, and FAs

I would definitely be fine with those 4 as the starting receivers. It also comes down to injury concerns, as Green missed all of last year and Ross has had health issues as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they went WR because of the talent that is there.

TE is something that needs addressed. I get that they drafted Sample last year and Uzomah has been decent, getting another receiving tight end could help a lot.

I think the Bengals sign a DB this offseason. Especially with rumors that Kirkpatrick will be cut.

(03-11-2020, 11:48 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Why does everyone think we are going to draft multiple lineman? I really dont think they are drafting more than one lineman th it s year and it could come late. I'm good with picks 1,2 and 5, but other than that unless they get several extra picks I'd expect them to find another CB, LB and maybe even another DL to help Atkins play fewer snaps

They just released Cordy Glenn and are shopping around Billy Price. Throw in Jonah Williams injury from last year and reports that the Bengals are looking for a starting LG, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they took two lineman.

CB I see them getting in free agency, as well as a LB. Maybe not the best, but I think they'll pick up a starter or two.

DL is also going to be interesting. It wouldn't surprise me if they went ahead and got a DT to help out Atkins.

(03-12-2020, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Great mock and glad to have you back.

I have my doubts Queen falls that far after a good Combine though.
4.50 at 229 lbs is perfect in today's NFL.

Maybe Jordan Brooks could be a solid backup plan.
I had Brooks as Rd 3 until he showed out at the Combine.
4.54 at 250 lbs is really good.
I believe someone takes a chance on him in Rd 2.

Jordan Brooks would be solid on the Bengals. I'm all for it.

(03-12-2020, 02:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I actually think the best values for the LBs are either the top 2 - Simmons and Murray (unlikely we would get either) and the 3rd tier of LBs like Brooks, Wilson and Dye.

I actually think the last 3 would be great picks in round 3 or later.

Dye I would be extremely happy with. And if they somehow get him day 3? That's even better

(03-12-2020, 09:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Welcome back

I could live with it

Glad to be back, and thank you!
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:06 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Glad to be back!

Queen is someone who I could see going in the first round, to slipping in the 2nd round due to his little play time. He was tremendous last year and had a very good combine, curious as to how teams view him.

I would be completely fine with Buan and Gaither as well. Gaither could give us speed we've desperately been needing.

Delpit would fit extremely well here. Especially with Williams only having 1 year left on his deal.

I would definitely be fine with those 4 as the starting receivers. It also comes down to injury concerns, as Green missed all of last year and Ross has had health issues as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they went WR because of the talent that is there.

TE is something that needs addressed. I get that they drafted Sample last year and Uzomah has been decent, getting another receiving tight end could help a lot.

I think the Bengals sign a DB this offseason. Especially with rumors that Kirkpatrick will be cut.

They just released Cordy Glenn and are shopping around Billy Price. Throw in Jonah Williams injury from last year and reports that the Bengals are looking for a starting LG, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they took two lineman.

CB I see them getting in free agency, as well as a LB. Maybe not the best, but I think they'll pick up a starter or two.

DL is also going to be interesting. It wouldn't surprise me if they went ahead and got a DT to help out Atkins.

Jordan Brooks would be solid on the Bengals. I'm all for it.

Dye I would be extremely happy with. And if they somehow get him day 3? That's even better

Glad to be back, and thank you!

I dont know all the guards that are headed to FA, but the 2 front runners are going to want way too much, especially if they plan to target a good tier 2 LB and good CB in FA. They definitely will want 2 if they cut or trade Kirkpatrick. 

I'd really like to trade for a good guard and I hear the Raiders are shopping one of the best guards playing right now in an effort to free up money for Brady. I'd really love to hear the Bengals making 0hone calls inquiring what it would take for his service.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 11:28 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I dont know all the guards that are headed to FA, but the 2 front runners are going to want way too much, especially if they plan to target a good tier 2 LB and good CB in FA. They definitely will want 2 if they cut or trade Kirkpatrick. 

I'd really like to trade for a good guard and I hear the Raiders are shopping one of the best guards playing right now in an effort to free up money for Brady. I'd really love to hear the Bengals making 0hone calls inquiring what it would take for his service.

I actually could see the Bengals going after a bigger named FA. Now that doesn't mean they'll get him. But it wouldn't surprise me.

I saw a rumor that the Bengals would be interested in Byron Jones, but there doesn't seem to be much smoke around that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:06 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Glad to be back!

Also really like Brooks and Dye. Just wasn't liking the way Queen was tackling mid season but he definitely improved.

I think Queen would be a great pick with our first pick in the 3rd cause he did improve so much and he is athletic. He is a bit of a
project, needs to gain muscle and needs to wrap up better when tackling but so are all Draft picks. I also like Brooks and Dye in 
the mid rounds.

Delpit I think will be a stud next to Jessie. Both are great coverage guys and are better tacklers than they are given credit.

Shawn is a good nickel LB, this is where I would use him next year while Delpit learns next to Jessie.
Reply/Quote