Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's Final 4 better TV than men's Final 4 this year
If you aren't watching Caitlin Clark and Iowa vs U Conn Friday night, it's your loss. Now called The Best Female Basketball Player EVER, she put up 41 points and 11 assists Monday against tough LSU. She also nailed 9 three point shots. Shaq and others say she could be the first woman in NBA. So the Women's Final 4 is going to be something to see this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 04:12 PM)kevin Wrote: If you aren't watching Caitlin Clark and Iowa vs U Conn Friday night, it's your loss.  Now called The Best Female Basketball Player EVER, she put up 41 points and 11 assists Monday against tough LSU.  She also nailed 9 three point shots.  Shaq and others say she could be the first woman in NBA.  So the Women's Final 4 is going to be something to see this year.

The women's game and the women's tournament have been great. They are amazing athletes and competitors. 

But NBA? Just....no. Bringing BS like that up just encourages people to unnecessarily beat down on the women's game. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 04:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: The women's game and the women's tournament have been great. They are amazing athletes and competitors. 

But NBA? Just....no. Bringing BS like that up just encourages people to unnecessarily beat down on the women's game. 

What you call BS comes from NBA players like Shaq who say she could be the first woman in NBA, she is that good.  A point guard that can nail the 3's, there are NBA players that say she could play in the NBA, she is that good. 

However Caitilin Clark is focused on winning for Iowa now, and she is talking women's NBA league.  She is going to make a ton of money and be the biggest drawing card the women's NBA has ever had.  

TV ratings are through the roof as people tune in to see Caitilin Clark, the Best Female Basketball Player Ever. She is like a Babe Ruth as she brings in a ton of new fans. She is indeed something to see, she is very good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 04:43 PM)kevin Wrote: What you call BS comes from NBA players like Shaq who say she could be the first woman in NBA, she is that good.  A point guard that can nail the 3's, there are NBA players that say she could play in the NBA, she is that good. 

However Caitilin Clark is focused on winning for Iowa now, and she is talking women's NBA league.  She is going to make a ton of money and be the biggest drawing card the women's NBA has ever had.  

TV ratings are through the roof as people tune in to see Caitilin Clark, the Best Female Basketball Player Ever.  She is like a Babe Ruth as she brings in a ton of new fans. She is indeed something to see, she is very good.

Can you link Shaq or any other player's comments that she would play in the NBA? Best I can find is an anonymous NBA scout. 

No doubt she is the best women to ever do it. She is certainly like a Babe Ruth for women's basketball. She's a generational talent and the best thing that happened to the women's game in recent memory. She is going to continue to be amazing for the women's game in the WNBA. People need to just let her thrive in that space, and not make ridiculous "she's good enough to be in the NBA" statements. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 04:12 PM)kevin Wrote: If you aren't watching Caitlin Clark and Iowa vs U Conn Friday night, it's your loss.  Now called The Best Female Basketball Player EVER, she put up 41 points and 11 assists Monday against tough LSU.  She also nailed 9 three point shots.  Shaq and others say she could be the first woman in NBA.  So the Women's Final 4 is going to be something to see this year.

No. That's clickbait talk.

She would do nothing in the NBA except be a liability to the team. She would be smaller, weaker, slower, and have less reach than 99% of the men she would be matched up against. Plus her shooting touch is with a woman's ball, not a men's.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 05:29 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Can you link Shaq or any other player's comments that she would play in the NBA? Best I can find is an anonymous NBA scout. 

No doubt she is the best women to ever do it. She is certainly like a Babe Ruth for women's basketball. She's a generational talent and the best thing that happened to the women's game in recent memory. She is going to continue to be amazing for the women's game in the WNBA. People need to just let her thrive in that space, and not make ridiculous "she's good enough to be in the NBA" statements. 

She was invited to the BIG 3 league whatever that is
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 08:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: She was invited to the BIG 3 league whatever that is

That offer is much more about getting the BIG3 visibility and playing into the "can a woman hang with the men" hysteria that would generate views for the league than anything else. 

I'm sure that the league would protect their investment, but Clark would still get bodied in a league full of NBA has-beens or never-weres. That said, I wouldn't fault Clark for taking the bag ($5 mil was the offer they say) especially if she can still play in the WNBA. 
Reply/Quote
Is anything stopping her from being drafted in the NBA?

Aside from every team passing on drafting her...
Reply/Quote
Caitlin Clark is a great shooter and passer and made me respect women's basketball a ton more, I will give her that.

But still, men's basketball is so much more entertaining, they are on another level, just the way it is.

Congrats to Caitlin Clark on doing what I never thought, made me like to watch women's basketball a bit. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote