Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo!! Billy Price!
(04-27-2018, 12:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They say fully torn is usually better than partially torn  Nervous

Who is "they"? I have never heard that in my life. A partially torn muscle is much better than a fully torn muscle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just the guy I wanted and couldn't be happier. The reshaping of the line continues. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Watched games of the three centers this week. They all seemed good to me. Ragnow was the biggest with the longest arms, Price was the nastiest and drived and got the most movement off the ball. Daniels I would've rated a little behind those two but was the tactician who used his leverage well.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who is "they"? I have never heard that in my life. A partially torn muscle is much better than a fully torn muscle.

Maybe I'm thinking of ligaments or other tears because I know that fully torn is easier to heal than partially torn in some things.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:57 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: The injury is a non-issue. He'll be ready for training camp and is ahead of schedule (someone from his camp posts on the OSU Rivals site). This guy is a difference maker and a leader in the offensive line room. This guy is a workout warrior and his lifting prowess is legendary with OSU. Rumor is that he would have broken the combine record in bench. Give him a chance. A year or two from now, you guys are going to love him.
Was my 3rd center pick, we dont know if he will be ready but at the least we drafted a center and we can move on
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Welcome to the Bengals, Billy Price!

WE NEEDED A CENTER.  All along Price was the best Center, Then Ragnow and Daniels added in. Ragnow went off the boards before Bengals picked.  That left just 2 centers.  Very possible all 3 centers gone by our next pick in 2.  I'm so glad they took a Center in Price and not the QB or WR we've been hearing about.  What does this team need more than anything. Blocking and a Center. OK, we got one.  Word is the injury he suffered doing bench press at Combine is no big deal and he will be ready to go in August with everybody else.  I'm hoping he plays 10 years or more at Center for us, and people years from now can't remember there was even an injury question when he was drafted. 

I'm VERY EXCITED about this pick.  This is the guy I wanted before Senior Bowl and Combines and all these Mock Drafts.  Price is not injured like Ogbuehi or Jackson or Ross and don't look for Price to miss rookie season as they did. In fact, don't be surprised if Price starts all 16 games. This could end up best Center we drafted since Johnson or Rimington. Very excited about this pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe I'm thinking of ligaments or other tears because I know that fully torn is easier to heal than partially torn in some things.

Yea pretty sure its ligaments you're thinking. If its full they can just surgically reattach it but with partial it's a little more complicated, iirc
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atNu40NeGNk

I enjoyed this Film Session with Billy Price. I think he understands the game at a level Bodine could never get to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:28 PM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Why the **** do we draft injured players...Must be mandatory in our draft room....We will regret skipping Hernandez.....Idiots.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He was skipped 32 times so far, will all those teams regret it?
(04-26-2018, 11:37 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Price over Daniels or Hernandez? We could have got price in the 2nd

That's highly doubtful
Reply/Quote
The reality is before the pec that cut his combine short Price was the top rated Center in the draft. He also had a consensus Top 15 pick grade.

If he is really recovered and ready to go he is a HUGE upgrade at Center - as in the last Center we drafted with his kind of bona fides was Dave Rimington and he has the potential right now to be the best Center we've had since Rich Braham.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe I'm thinking of ligaments or other tears because I know that fully torn is easier to heal than partially torn in some things.
Ligaments and bones are better to be fully broken
Reply/Quote
Very happy with the pick! Welcome to the Bengals, Price!!!!
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
I felt like we could have traded down with the Titans and picked him there. But we already have a lot of picks, glad to have one need taken care of.
Reply/Quote
I tore a pec about 3 months ago, it took maybe 6-8 weeks to feel right again. I was feeling good for about a month and now it’s torn again. Price is half my age and a stud athlete with access to excellent health care, I just hope that he doesn’t push too soon. I actually thought I was having heart problems when I first tore mine. My family doctor said that once it has been torn that it’s something that can be torn again. She said that it’s common to see patients back again with the same injury. Let’s hope this isn’t the case with Price.
Reply/Quote
I wanted a center in round 1. Billy Price seems like a good choice. Now, we need more Offensive Linemen.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:04 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I wanted a center in round 1. Billy Price seems like a good choice. Now, we need more Offensive Linemen.

Sounds like we might be good with our guards under Pollack's coaching, but maybe kick Obg inside for competition, and then I agree that we need a right tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:50 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I tore a pec about 3 months ago, it took maybe 6-8 weeks to feel right again. I was feeling good for about a month and now it’s torn again. Price is half my age and a stud athlete with access to excellent health care, I just hope that he doesn’t push too soon. I actually thought I was having heart problems when I first tore mine. My family doctor said that once it has been torn that it’s something that can be torn again. She said that it’s common to see patients back again with the same injury. Let’s hope this isn’t the case with Price.

Brian, this is Kenny Smith, lmao! Over. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sounds like we might be good with our guards under Pollack's coaching, but maybe kick Obg inside for competition, and then I agree that we need a right tackle.

Fisher is the RT.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:38 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Fisher is the RT.

I know.........  we still need a upgrade at RT because we have one at LT with Glenn, which allows Obg to kick inside.

Misunderstanding.  

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Price stinks. He'll be average.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote