Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word of Advice For Next OC (Bill Lazor)
Give Andy control.

One thing I have noticed these last two games is the lack of audibles/hot routes/pre snap adjustments made by this offense compared to the past few years.

Under Hue, I felt that Andy had the ability to change the play and get us into favorable situations. Someone posted the other day "Is Andy Dalton Gritty?"... well our game vs Seattle in 2015 proved to me Andy is gritty. Remember when he CHANGED THE PLAY CALL, and ran a long QB sneak that ended up winning the game for us.

Yesterday, third and 1, the only time I can recall Andy changing the play. He changed to a sneaker and got the first down. I felt it was a huge F U to Zampese. Something about the call felt like he had gone against the coaches desires. IDK

I don't feel that Zamp gave Andy any control. A guy who is known for his cerebral ability needs to have that option. I feel like the Bengals have <10 seconds when they get to the line, line up and snap it. There is no hesitation from opposing defenses because of this.

If the QB isn't confident in the calls being made and has no freedom to change the call, he is going to throw with a lack of confidence and will see pressure quicker than it really is there.... sounds like Andy Dalton this season... uncomfortable with the plays being called.

Andy Dalton has been complete garbage the last two games, but I think it is frustration building up from his coaches not utilizing his mental potential. Let him have a say.
Reply/Quote
Word of advice:

Get a better offensive line. Offensive line is the single thing killing this offense.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Give Andy control.

One thing I have noticed these last two games is the lack of audibles/hot routes/pre snap adjustments made by this offense compared to the past few years.

Under Hue, I felt that Andy had the ability to change the play and get us into favorable situations. Someone posted the other day "Is Andy Dalton Gritty?"... well our game vs Seattle in 2015 proved to me Andy is gritty. Remember when he CHANGED THE PLAY CALL, and ran a long QB sneak that ended up winning the game for us.

Yesterday, third and 1, the only time I can recall Andy changing the play. He changed to a sneaker and got the first down. I felt it was a huge F U to Zampese. Something about the call felt like he had gone against the coaches desires. IDK

I don't feel that Zamp gave Andy any control. A guy who is known for his cerebral ability needs to have that option. I feel like the Bengals have <10 seconds when they get to the line, line up and snap it. There is no hesitation from opposing defenses because of this.

If the QB isn't confident in the calls being made and has no freedom to change the call, he is going to throw with a lack of confidence and will see pressure quicker than it really is there.... sounds like Andy Dalton this season... uncomfortable with the plays being called.

Andy Dalton has been complete garbage the last two games, but I think it is frustration building up from his coaches not utilizing his mental potential. Let him have a say.

(09-15-2017, 04:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Word of advice:

Get a better offensive line. Offensive line is the single thing killing this offense.

I think you both are right.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If something keeps on working, don't stop.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
O-line gave up 16 pressures last night, masking that 3 sack total. They are currently one of the worst in the NFL. Not an opinion, but a fact.

Lazor will need to be better than Zamp in scheming around this terrible line. More screens, rollouts, dumpoffs, etc. And streamline the playbook to what works and what doesnt, while being better getting AJ & Eifert the ball more if possible.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Ya, we blame the O-line a lot, but there are ways to at least diminish the blow they make to this team.

How many shallow crossers do we run in games?

With guys like Erickson, Ross and Boyd on the team... how is no one EVER open in the slot???
Reply/Quote

Word of advice:

That isn't happening. Need a new O-line coach and new players.

To the OP, i agree.
Reply/Quote

We don't even have an anchor to build from. The entire line is shit.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Yes. We start 4 guys who would be backups on any playoff team.

And Boling is only an average lineman most games and he's our best guy.
Reply/Quote
SHOTGUN, SHOTGUN, SHOTGUN.

The ball will get there faster than any defensive player can move, thereby giving Dalton MORE time, something he desperately needs. They need to be in the shotgun formation 100% of the snaps (until the O-line improves)... I'm not even kidding.
Reply/Quote
I think it was obvious Andy had more freedom to change the plays in Hue's scheme than Zamp's. I never could understand that one.
Reply/Quote
Can we trade Jeremy Hill for an O Lineman?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:30 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Can we trade Jeremy Hill for an O Lineman?

The entire line is garbage, but I guess you have to start somewhere.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
A couple more words of advice...

Dont run jeremy hill outside. And dont throw him the ball.
Use Hewitt as the FB. The reason we paid him.
John Ross is a WR. Throw him the ball down the field. Dont have him running back and forth behind the LoS.
Tyler Boyd was supposedly one of our most improved players. Dont deactivate him.
Dont call pass plays to the side you are going to leave unblocked the multiple time DPOY who likes to kill QBs and swat down balls.

If its so stupid the defense would never see it coming... It probably isnt a good play call. Dont call it
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:14 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I think it was obvious Andy had more freedom to change the plays in Hue's scheme than Zamp's. I never could understand that one.

Notice our best drive in both games was the one drive we went to the no huddle offense in Game 1 (endzone INT notwithstanding)?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Oh and tell Dalton to quit throwing the ball away. Not giving anybody a chance to make a play is the dumbest shit in the world. And just because we have to say it. Especially when the game is on the line. Grow a little baby set of nuts and try to make a play
Reply/Quote