Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Ethic is the HUGE Upside to Dalton.
(05-17-2018, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Offensive and defensive hype are as different as apples and oranges.  Offensive players in general are much more cerebral and calculated, where as defensive players are emotional and responsive.  That is why our defense plays so much better when Vontaze Burfict is in the lineup.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not about “needing” it. It’s just part of what being a great leader can add.

I think if it’s not you, it will be obvious and awkward. And I don’t know that most QBs do a Ray Lewis/Drew Brees type thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

That's pretty good.  Leave it to you, to find the anomaly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 09:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think if it’s not you, it will be obvious and awkward. And I don’t know that most QBs do a Ray Lewis/Drew Brees type thing.

Brady hypes his guys up pretty good too. But if it’s not in you it’s not in you.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Offensive and defensive hype are as different as apples and oranges.  Offensive players in general are much more cerebral and calculated, where as defensive players are emotional and responsive.  That is why our defense plays so much better when Vontaze Burfict is in the lineup.

I agree with you on that point. But... 

Im not looking at "hype" in terms of how it translates to play or physicality on the field. Im more so looking at attitude and hype in terms of how it translates into leadership and how other players respond and view you. 

At the end of the day, I just dont think Dalton is a competitive freak like so many of the greats are. Jordan, Manning, Brady, etc. Those guys are as competitive as it gets and refuse to lose. At times, I feel like Dalton is out there just trying not to screw up so he can't take blame after a loss.

Phillip Rivers is a great example of a guy with attitude and competitiveness. THATS who I want Andy Dalton to be. Guy is a winner.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 12:25 AM)kevin Wrote: Watching on TV how Ryan Leaf use to like Las Vegas nights maybe too much.  We know about Johnny Manziel.  Bengals have had players that did late night drinking exotic dancer clubs way too much, often to point of police, suspensions.  Sports show says in draft scouts wondered who was better, Leaf or Peyton Manning. There must be some pretty stupid scouts then because you could tell Peyton Manning was NFL Hall of Fame with years left at Tennessee in College.  I figured Montana and Marino in college but Peyton Manning was even more obvious. Now Peyton Manning wasn't a Las Vegas Nightclub guy and was a practice hard guy.  OK, so Bengals have Dalton who is a practice hard guy.  He has also led Bengals to 5 play-off seasons in 7 years.  He wins more for Bengals than any QB in their history. Some of you may not like him, but in college and NFL he finds a way to win.  Other than injury in 2015, he has started every game.  Had he not been injured in 2015, he was in lead to be NFL MVP.  He has been in Pro Bowls.  So we all have to give Dalton credit for his Work Ethic.  This is a guy that you won't see in the nightclubs because he spends his time on the practice field. He is focused on winning.  Even in his rookie year the NFL had a strike lockout and no rookie camps, so Dalton got a playbook and ran other rookies through rookie camp on his own and 2011 team made play-offs thanks to that.  Dalton will be the hardest working player in practice and in games and that makes him a Leader and one of the better QB's in the NFL.  Some of you may not believe it,  but many teams would love to have him. If this team can just block better, Dalton can lead them back to play-offs because Winning Is His Focus. He has a great work ethic that some NFL after midnight playboys lack. I've always compared Dalton to Bart Starr or Len Dawson in that there may be stronger armed quarterbacks, but like Starr and Dawson, Dalton is a field general who quarterbacks a lot of wins.  You want wins, or as Paul Brown said, " individual stats are for losers ".  Dalton wins. I believe the blocking will improve to let him lead team to wins again.  As for no play-off wins, I only look to the San Diego game as a bad game. He was too green in 2011 and 2012 on road. Against Indy on road too many injuries, and in 2015 he was injured.  The Bengals go into 2018 with one of the better field generals in NFL, which greatly helps their chances.

Dalton is a hard worker and a class act no doubt. Proud to have him as my team's QB and i bet he has his best
season this year with a muchly improved O-line. With a good running game which is a QB's best friend and to
actually have a pocket to step into he will show the player that he really is.

Any QB would of struggled with that shit show of an O-line he has had in front of him.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2018, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Phillip Rivers is a great example of a guy with attitude and competitiveness. THATS who I want Andy Dalton to be. Guy is a winner.

Phillip rivers is a winner?
Reply/Quote

Our defense plays better with burfict because he gets them lined up properly.

Screaming and yelling doesn't help a defense do anything.
Reply/Quote