Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working out with Kevin Zeitler - unreal
Thanks Jim

Love this kind of stuff
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 10:30 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hey all!
Sorry I've been a bit MIA - but this is why. I spent some time with Kevin Zeitler in his home town to see just how an NFL player gets ready for the season. (I actually worked out with him - twice - but that story is coming later). This is insane, but it shows just what they go through to get ready.

He works out twice a day. He eats four meals a day. And he doesn't get paid for any of it.

Please read/share - and feel free to ask any questions in this thread and I'll answer. I spent a ton of time with him.

Not getting paid isnt a very good speel... He got paid he gets paid to be a pro athelete thats part of it.

And hes investing in himself for his next big pay day.

If he didnt work out the NFL would stop paying him altogether.
Reply/Quote
I'd probably be crying in the fetal position from that workout. And that'd be from the warmup.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 10:30 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hey all!
Sorry I've been a bit MIA - but this is why. I spent some time with Kevin Zeitler in his home town to see just how an NFL player gets ready for the season. (I actually worked out with him - twice - but that story is coming later). This is insane, but it shows just what they go through to get ready.

He works out twice a day. He eats four meals a day. And he doesn't get paid for any of it.

Please read/share - and feel free to ask any questions in this thread and I'll answer. I spent a ton of time with him.

Thanks Jim. Zeitler has always been known for the work he puts in but damn, this is really impressive.

I love how he always seeks perfection. It should pay off eventually and he should be recognized league wide.

Great work.
Reply/Quote
Makes you feel better he's the one we selected in that draft, now let's hope we hang on to him!
Reply/Quote
The pay, whether it's in-season or not is like many occupations. Many of us have to hone our crafts on our own nickel and truthfully, just hope it pays off because sometimes it doesn't.
Mechanics buy their own tools usually. I did autobody work for years before I just lost interest in it, but before anyone would even hire me I first had to learn how to do the work and then buy my tools and even then it quite often didn't pay off. There were schools and all, but few employers are willing to pay some guy to go to PPG's autobody painting school so for the most part you learn on your own and buy your own tools so that if the shop you work for goes tits up you're not stuck with no way to make a living..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's such an underrated good player and seems like a good guy as well. It's criminal that Decastro has an all-pro under his belt and Zeitler doesn't, even though he has been more consistent and overall a better player.
Reply/Quote
I think some of you are getting too hung up on that one line. Casual fans don't know they don't cash a check. I doubt NX Level charges $79.99/mo.
And it does matter. Because some guys, who aren't getting paid in the offseason, aren't doing that work. Why? Because they don't have to.

Anyway, got a call today from a colleague who marveled at basically how these guys break their body down and put on such stress in the hopes of preventing injury...injury they likely can't prevent anyway.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote