Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workout/motivational songs.
Under and over it by Fiver Finger Death Punch. Holy crap! My new workout song. Just because.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Under and over it by Fiver Finger Death Punch. Holy crap! My new workout song. Just because.

Rage Against The Machine's Killing in the Name gets the blood flowing pretty well...
Reply/Quote
Walk by Pantera.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Rage Against The Machine's Killing in the Name gets the blood flowing pretty well...

Dude. I love that song. They have good music. Bulls on parade is by far my favorite.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 06:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Under and over it by Fiver Finger Death Punch. Holy crap! My new workout song. Just because.

Harley, I'm impressed.  I would have taken you more as a Hold On, by Wilson Phillips kind of workout jam..   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Harley, I'm impressed.  I would have taken you more as a Hold On, by Wilson Phillips kind of workout jam..   Ninja

Rant

Reply/Quote
I listen to IHEART radio. Theres a channel called "Rock Workout Radio" that I like. Pretty freaken awesome.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 07:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Walk by Pantera.

Are you talking to me?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 12:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Are you talking to me?

It's the perfect anthem for those "PR or ER" moments.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Depends on what I'm doing. Mouth For War is my Pantera go-to when lifting. Anything by Cro-Mags works, too. My personal favorite of theirs is "Show You No Mercy". The entire Age of Quarrel album will make you want to run through a wall. Although it's slower, I also like the first Danzig album for these purposes.

For running, I like to be less keyed-up. I've enjoyed Rattle and Hum by U2 for long runs since I was 15 and running cross country. Desire just makes me want to run.

Also, why do all the young fellas I lift with own the same Volbeat album for lifting? That band sucks and is borderline boring. I swear I've heard that album in 5 different garage gyms. Weak.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 03:37 PM)samhain Wrote: Depends on what I'm doing.  Mouth For War is my Pantera go-to when lifting.  Anything by Cro-Mags works, too.  My personal favorite of theirs is "Show You No Mercy".  The entire Age of Quarrel album will make you want to run through a wall.  Although it's slower, I also like the first Danzig album for these purposes.

For running, I like to be less keyed-up.  I've enjoyed Rattle and Hum by U2 for long runs since I was 15 and running cross country.  Desire just makes me want to run.  

Also, why do all the young fellas I lift with own the same Volbeat album for lifting?  That band sucks and is borderline boring.  I swear I've heard that album in 5 different garage gyms.  Weak.

I actually wondered, due to your user name, if you would post something from his catalog. Cool
Reply/Quote
Radioactive featuring Kendrick Lamar if you’re into jogging for a bit then dead sprinting for 1 or 2 minutes on a treadmill. Then do it again with Time by Pink Floyd and dead sprint the guitar solos but jog otherwise.

Decent-to-fast running pace and/or lifting Pantera Official Live 101 Proof will take care of you.

There are a couple of you who already know the Pantera part.

Will add as beers flow

Stone The Crow-Down
Stay Together for the Kids-Blink 182
Til’ I Collapse-Eminem
DNA-Kendrick Lamar
Go With the Flow-Queens of the Stone Age
Words As Weapons-Seether
Thank You-Sevendust
GZ and Hustlaz-Snoop
Bring da Ruckus-Wu Tang
Sail-Awolnation good running song
When the Levee Breaks-Led Zeppelin
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 12:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Are you talking to me?

Funny thing is that at my age, and after all the injuries I've been through?  Sometimes I look at the weights and "Why can't we be friends", by Sly and the Family Stone starts and endless loop in my head.   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny thing is that at my age, and after all the injuries I've been through?  Sometimes I look at the weights and "Why can't we be friends", by Sly and the Family Stone starts and endless loop in my head.   Ninja

There are quite a bit of old tunes that are great motivators.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: There are quite a bit of old tunes that are great motivators.

Yeah, truthfully a jam doesn't even have to be "hardcore" in order to get me going.

Some of my non-death metal favs include.

No sleep til Brooklyn-Beastie Boys
Bawitdaba-Kid Rock
Any old school Metallica
TNT-ACDC
Rock and Roll Pt.2-Gary Glitter
Wild Thing-Ton Loc
Slow Ride-Fog Hat
The Beautiful People-Marylin Manson

And the list could go on and on..  LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The only time I ever listened to music while working out was long steady sessions on the treadmill/erg/stair climber/stationary bike.

I had a set of live George Clinton/Parliament songs I would listen two. Hard pumping beat for 20 minutes or so per song.

I would literally zone out on cardio machines. I could never do that out running/riding on streets or trails because you have to be aware of what is going on around you. But I would get completely hypnotized on machines. I could run 7 miles in an hour on a treadmill but I could not do anything close to that out on streets or trails.

I also felt like treadmills had more bounce and were easier on your joints than running on streets or sidewalks. And there was no pounding at all on the bike, stair climber, or erg.
Reply/Quote
Cross off -- Mark Morton and Chester Bennington
Call my name -- In Flames
Room 24 -- Volbeat feat King Diamond
Bark at the Moon -- Ozzy
Gasoline -- Crobot
Shine on -- Adelitas Way
All animal -- Through Fire
Tomorrow -- Ozzy
I am above -- In Flames
Denial -- Sevendust
The hunted -- St Asonia feat Sully
Mean Streets -- Van Halen
On her mind -- Volumes
Cirice -- Ghost
Crazy nights -- loudness

That's my current workout playlist on Spotify.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Bark at the Moon, has anyone else seen this?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Lunatic Fringe-Red Rider (Ignore that Tom Cochrane went on to record “Life is a Highway”)

Perfect Strangers-Deep Purple

Far Behind- Candlebox.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote