Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup 2018 (bracket challenge too!)
(07-09-2018, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And I'm rooting for the exact opposite. I'd like to see a first time winner. Plus you got to root for the little guy:

France- 66.9 MIL
England- 53.0 MIL
Belgium- 11.3 MIL (about 300,000 less than you have in Ohio)
Croatia- 4.1 MIL (about 300,000 less than we have in KY)

Not to mention Belgium holds the world's largest electronic music festival

Go Kentucky!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Going to be tons of people pulling for the underdog, but I have a feeling that Croatia's dream run through a dream bracket will come to an end.

Mad respect for them either way.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 06:31 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Better team won. We edged the first half and should have taken another chance. Croatia had the legs and were worthy of their victory.

Proud of our boys, not the most talented team England have ever had, shows the value of a good astute manager.

I want Croatia to win now, mightily impressed and their country should be immensely proud of their team. Such a small country has produced a very talented and hard working team, fair play.

Interesting. I would have thought this Englishmen to be a very talented team. They all play in the most expensive league in the world, strong defenders, a midfield full of classy players, Kane as striker... I'm fairly disappointed actually. Especially how in the second half they let solid, but not breathtaking Croations take over the field and try as many crosses as they please.
That was weak, like it was against Colombia, and I do put that on Southgate.

I seldom predict stuff, but France will win the finals easily and I do predict that with confidence. The England branch of the bracket just was a joke to begin with.
Reply/Quote
when we got out of group play I said Belgium and Croatia will make some noise in the knockout stage.  I was right.  I think Croatia is a better team than some people want to believe.  They were the best team on that side of the bracket. They'll keep it closer than the experts think against mighty might France.  I don't know who I'm going to cheer for, I just want to see a good game.  Lets get it into PKs.  That's how a World Cup is suppose to be decided anyways, IMO. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
The days before the finale are incredible. All the country is discussing about that. Kids, Parents, Elders, just everyone. We will watch the game, in every town, every village hoping to bring the world cup for the 2nd time.

Allez la France !!

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
CHAMPIONS DU MONDE !!!!

Awesome !!

Allez la France !!!

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 02:05 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: CHAMPIONS DU MONDE !!!!

Awesome !!

Allez la France !!!

Congratulations! A deserving Champ; however, Griezmann should be ashamed of that 1st goal.  I will say I think Pogba shouldhave gotten the Golden Ball
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Congrats to France! Well deserved win, as they have had a solid tourney with a great roster of talent.

Also where is Brad at? If he wants to see what a bad (idiot) move by a goalkeeper is, look no further than the 2nd Croatian goal today lol.

(07-15-2018, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Congratulations! A deserving Champ; however, Griezmann should be ashamed of that 1st goal.  I will say I think Pogba shouldhave gotten the Golden Ball

I need to rewatch that, but I thought Griezman was trying to avoid getting tackled, and then just slipped when he tried to regain his running. It was a bad call by the ref nonetheless.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
France deserved it. They overwhelmed Croatia.
Reply/Quote
Happy for France!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
France deserved it. Had to go through Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium and Croatia in the bracket. No small feat.

Final was excellent. Croatia deserve heaps of respect. Shame about the own goal and penalty, but that's how things go.
Reply/Quote