Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss. St. Head Coach Mike Leach passed away....
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mike-leach-dies-at-61-mississippi-state-coach-air-raid-innovator-had-complications-from-heart-condition/

He was a good one....great interviews and pressers, and an offensive mastermind. Rest easy coach.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rest easy Mike, you'll be missed
Reply/Quote
Sad news for the football world. Rest easy Coach Leach.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m so ***** upset. Leach was an inspiration that I could coach football too even though I never played (even if I never do). Always loved watching teams play.

Rest in peace Coach Leach I hate to see you gone we should have gotten at least another 5-10 years with you.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:06 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m so ***** upset. Leach was an inspiration that I could coach football too even though I never played (even if I never do). Always loved watching teams play.

Rest in peace Coach Leach I hate to see you gone we should have gotten at least another 5-10 years with you.

I never went to Tech, but I loved watching his air raid teams. There was just something magical about seeing Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell, BJ Symons, and a few others I can’t remember just throw for like 400 or 500 yards a game like it was no big deal. He also has one of the best quotes ever:

“There’s nothing balanced about 50% run and 50% pass. That’s just 50% stupid”…..or something like that.

RIP
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:06 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m so ***** upset. Leach was an inspiration that I could coach football too even though I never played (even if I never do). Always loved watching teams play.

At least that many.... I've always admired his candid demeanor and swashbuckling style. I don't think there are many, if any, other coaches that could've achieved the sustained success at the schools he did. A big middle finger to the established powers will be his legacy. 

Leach played football through high school, but an ankle injury derailed any thoughts of college football. However, during his time at BYU, Lavell Edwards let him hang around and learn the ropes of coaching....and spread offenses.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 03:33 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: At least that many.... I've always admired his candid demeanor and swashbuckling style. I don't think there are many, if any, other coaches that could've achieved the sustained success at the schools he did. A big middle finger to the established powers will be his legacy. 

Leach played football through high school, but an ankle injury derailed any thoughts of college football. However, during his time at BYU, Lavell Edwards let him hang around and learn the ropes of coaching....and spread offenses.

He probably would have coached longer if he stayed healthy, just a lot of guys retire into their 70’s but he was clearly a huge fan of the sport.
Reply/Quote
Really kind of shocking...so fast. Sympathies to his family.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 04:14 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He probably would have coached longer if he stayed healthy, just a lot of guys retire into their 70’s but he was clearly a huge fan of the sport.

A huge fan, no doubt. He was a huge fan of strategy, which is of course a huge part of the game.

Reply/Quote