Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worley to 53, Jefferson to IR
Stop the insanity!

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-make-three-player-moves

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw posted by Paul Dehner Jr on Twitter. Chris Worley promoted from PS to take his place.

EDIT - looks like WW posted same 2 mins before I did, please merge/delete this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Maybe Worley brings some energy to Special Teams?

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-make-three-player-moves

Quote:The Bengals today placed LB Malik Jefferson on the Reserve/Injured list and signed LB Chris Worley off the practice squad. The team also signed S Chris Cooper to the practice squad.
Jefferson, a rookie out of the University of Texas, suffered a foot injury in Sunday’s game against the Oakland Raiders. He was the second of two third-round Bengals draft picks this year. He played in 12 games this season and had three tackles on defense and seven tackles on special teams.
Worley, also a rookie, has spent the entire season on the Bengals’ practice squad. He signed with the team this year as a college free agent out of Ohio State University and was added to the practice squad on Sept. 2 after being waived on final cuts.
Cooper (5-11, 200) fills the open spot on the practice squad created by Worley’s signing. Cooper originally signed with the Indianapolis Colts as a college free agent out of Stony Brook this year. The Colts waived him on final cuts. He has not been with an NFL team this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
His 10 tackles will be sorely missed. Mellow

In all honesty 12 games and 10 tackles is a lot higher numbers than I had perceived from him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 08:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: His 10 tackles will be sorely missed. Mellow

In all honesty 12 games and 10 tackles is a lot higher numbers than I had perceived from him.

Well, 7 of those tackles were on Special Teams.  So, unless you were really paying attention to STs, they would have been easy to miss.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping Worley lights it up Cheers
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, 7 of those tackles were on Special Teams.  So, unless you were really paying attention to STs, they would have been easy to miss.

I'd see a flash of his nameplate from time to time.

It was like seeing a UFO, Nessie, or Bigfoot.

Though I'm pretty sure all of those have been seen more than Malik Jefferson in a Bengals game.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 08:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here's to hoping Worley lights it up  Cheers

Maybe he'll be like this mystery man on defense named Ringo.

[Image: source.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 08:42 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Maybe he'll be like this mystery man on defense named Ringo.

[Image: source.gif]

Yeah, I'm hoping that after sitting on the practice squad all season, he comes in and acts like he's got something to prove.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'm hoping that after sitting on the practice squad all season, he comes in and acts like he's got something to prove.

He made some plays for the Buckeyes. Like you say perhaps he'd hungry and will bring an edge ?
Reply/Quote
Not familiar with the Worley kid at all....but man, ANOTHER player on IR? Hits just keep coming.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's sad. I was hoping to see Jefferson playing some defense since the Bengals were out of the playoff hunt. Still amazed how a 3rd round pick sits, even during blowouts, while all 3 starters have missed games. Is it Marvin, or is he that bad? Anyways, here's to Worley: may he have better luck than Jefferson and have more opportunities to prove himself!
Reply/Quote
It is either Merv or he is bad; there can really be no in between

But by next year Hobs will write an article about what great strides he has made and what a great camp he has had and then we will have John Ross II
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Roger has turned the NFL into a bunch of softies. Because they think they are going to be protected they play looser than they would have back in the days when you had to have your head on a literal swivel. They aren't as prepared for contact and sometimes that contact can be old school hard and even though they may get a flag - it often happens with the player on the turf annihilated.

It's either that or the general "they don't build them like they use to".

Because the injuries across the league are ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
It was a great rookie season for Jefferson...
Reply/Quote
Is it too early to call Malik Jefferson a bust? Many thought he wasn't ready when he declared early last year, I guess the Mel Kipers were right. False first step kept him off the field other than special teams
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 09:47 AM)corpjet Wrote: Is it too early to call Malik Jefferson a bust?  Many thought he wasn't ready when he declared early last year, I guess the Mel Kipers were right.  False first step kept him off the field other than special teams

It is way too early. He was a project when drafted. I wouldn't be comfortable calling him a bust until the 2020 season.

Ideally, we draft a LB ready to play in the first or second round this coming draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:00 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It is way too early. He was a project when drafted. I wouldn't be comfortable calling him a bust until the 2020 season.

Ideally, we draft a LB ready to play in the first or second round this coming draft.

So you have gaping holes on the o-line and line backer and you draft a project that won't play for two years in the third round. Sounds like a Bengal move for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 10:00 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It is way too early. He was a project when drafted. I wouldn't be comfortable calling him a bust until the 2020 season.

I don't agree that he was a "project," but he did have some weaknesses. Specifically, it was reported that he lacked instincts and aggressive attitude. He still put up 110 tackles, 10 TFLs, and 4 sacks in his final year at Texas. He might be better as a see-and-chase LB given his good speed and athleticism. The selection of Jefferson is interesting though in that the Bengals have typically prioritized LBs with great instincts in the draft. Perhaps Jefferson was a suggestion from Austin, who seemed to value athleticism and speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not familiar with the Worley kid at all....but man, ANOTHER player on IR? Hits just keep coming.

He was a decent OLB in college, good speed and able to make tackles in space.  I think he finished his college career with about a dozen pass breakups, at least as many tackles for loss, and a handful of sacks.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote