Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worley to 53, Jefferson to IR
(12-19-2018, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty sure that Worley is a SAM backer, rather than MIKE.  But, I wouldn't expect to see much from him, other than STs duty.  You know how Marvin rolls, he'll play the guys that he favors, until they can't walk anymore.

Well we have been needing a decent SAM backer. But i agree, doubt we even see Worley out there.

Man, need to move on from Marv for this very reason.

(12-20-2018, 01:26 PM)3wt Wrote: And it shows.  Nickerson is smart but slow as molasses.   I had heard that they liked Worley, but then started hearing that, though they still like him, he's slow.

Marvin loves Nickerson because he's always where he's supposed to be.   But he doesn't get there on time and misses a lot of tackles.

I don't think Worley even makes the field (except special teams) unless someone else gets injured.   So I doubt we'll even get any legitimate evaluation of how he plays against starting NFL players.

Shows also that the game has past Marv by, the league is moving to faster Linebackers that can cover.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well we have been needing a decent SAM backer. But i agree, doubt we even see Worley out there.

Man, need to move on from Marv for this very reason.

Shows also that the game has past Marv by, the league is moving to faster Linebackers that can cover.

And that will be the style, until some team makes 235# sledgehammer RBs popular again..   LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I just have a feeling that injuries will be the excuse to retain Marvin. I'm actually see it on these boards. Some fans are softening their stances on the failure and blaming injuries.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just have a feeling that injuries will be the excuse to retain Marvin. I'm actually see it on these boards. Some fans are softening their stances on the failure and blaming injuries.

well 15 players is a lot to lose and stay competitive....
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 01:26 PM)3wt Wrote: And it shows.  Nickerson is smart but slow as molasses.   I had heard that they liked Worley, but then started hearing that, though they still like him, he's slow.

Marvin loves Nickerson because he's always where he's supposed to be.   But he doesn't get there on time and misses a lot of tackles.

I don't think Worley even makes the field (except special teams) unless someone else gets injured.   So I doubt we'll even get any legitimate evaluation of how he plays against starting NFL players.

Instincts help get you into the right position to make a play, speed/athleticism helps compensate if you don't have good instincts. But you really need both, especially in today's NFL. The LBs have struggled so much over the years because they only ever have one or the other, not both.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just have a feeling that injuries will be the excuse to retain Marvin. I'm actually see it on these boards. Some fans are softening their stances on the failure and blaming injuries.

You're partially right, injuries really have decimated this team, but the real truth is, MB makes the final decision. Speaking for myself, I'm not going to get myself worked-up over something I can't control. I would love to see Merv hit the road, but I'm pretty sure MB and Merv could give a damn what Sandwedge or Pistons thinks.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 08:50 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Roger has turned the NFL into a bunch of softies. Because they think they are going to be protected they play looser than they would have back in the days when you had to have your head on a literal swivel. They aren't as prepared for contact and sometimes that contact can be old school hard and even though they may get a flag - it often happens with the player on the turf annihilated.

It's either that or the general "they don't build them like they use to".

Because the injuries across the league are ridiculous.

Players have just gotten too big and too fast. Bones and joints can’t handle that level of impact.

Hopefully Worley can be the new younger, faster, bigger version of Vinny Rey.
Reply/Quote

I will go on record stating that I believe injuries cost us quite a few wins this year, but I still want Marvin gone.....
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 02:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well 15 players is a lot to lose and stay competitive....

It really only took losing Eifert and AJ Green for the Bengals to lose their competitiveness. The rest is just window dressing. We've lost every game except the one against the 3 win Raiders after AJ Green went down. That was 5 straight losses.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 03:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I will go on record stating that I believe injuries cost us quite a few wins this year, but I still want Marvin gone.....

I will agree with Sled here and in the end a good HC coaches up the team and they can overcome injuries...

This season should be a Playoff win or bust for Marv regardless after 16+ seasons of failure to not win a Playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It really only took losing Eifert and AJ Green for the Bengals to lose their competitiveness. The rest is just window dressing. We've lost every game except the one against the 3 win Raiders after AJ Green went down. That was 5 straight losses.

Kroft is overlooked a bit, IMO.  The offense still played well enough to win, until he went down against Pitt.  He's actually a decent option at TE, IMO.  Glasgow and Lawson were big losses too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It really only took losing Eifert and AJ Green for the Bengals to lose their competitiveness. The rest is just window dressing. We've lost every game except the one against the 3 win Raiders after AJ Green went down. That was 5 straight losses.

Agreed. This offense has revolved around Green and Eifert, mainly Green. I wish the team was able to easily make a shift into more of a run-oriented offense but I can understand it'd be hard to do that when the defense is such a sieve.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. This offense has revolved around Green and Eifert, mainly Green. I wish the team was able to easily make a shift into more of a run-oriented offense but I can understand it'd be hard to do that when the defense is such a sieve.

Also can't do it when the OL is useless.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote