Poll: Which was worse for you?
2010 10-game losing streak
2019 starting 0-7 (maybe more)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worse than 2010?
In 2010, the Bengals had a 10-game losing streak starting in Week 4.
I'm curious if this 0-7 start is worse to you than 2010 when the Bengals had that big losing streak and went ultimately 4-12 with Palmer, Chad, and TO?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, we had an 1100+ yard rusher then. We'll be lucky to have a 400 yard rusher this year.

22nd in points for. 24th in points against.

We're also on pace to give up 3024 yards rushing.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
We came off a win in the division the year before and a playoff berth. We had three consecutive losing seasons prior to this. Bright side, we kickstarted a few good years after that season.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We came off a win in the division the year before and a playoff berth. We had three consecutive losing seasons prior to this. Bright side, we kickstarted a few good years after that season.

Well, our QB forced his way out shortly after and basically forced a rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, our QB forced his way out shortly after and basically forced a rebuild.

Here's to ANOTHER!!

...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Way worse than 2010. At least the Bengals beat a playoff-bound Chargers at the end of that year. These Bengals would have trouble beating even Miami.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, our QB forced his way out shortly after and basically forced a rebuild.

Yep, with those extra picks (that we don't have).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yep, with those extra picks (that we don't have).

We don't have a guy who could command a first & a second anyways. Plus we can always trade the top 3 pick for extra picks in the draft if we really wanted too.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
2010 sucked, but it was more disappointing in the sense that we seemed to have turned a corner in 2009 (yeah, it was a miracle season and not even that great, but still).

More importantly, the final win totals of the teams we played in 2010.....

(14-2) New England Patriots L
(12-4) Baltimore Ravens W
(2-14) Carolina Panthers W
(5-11) Cleveland Browns L
(10-6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers L
(13-3) Atlanta Falcons L
(7-9) Miami Dolphins L
(12-4)Pittsburgh Steelers L
(10-6) Indianapolis Colts L
(4-12) Buffalo Bills L
(11-5) New York Jets L
(11-5) New Orleans Saints L
(12-4) Pittsburgh Steelers L
(5-11) Cleveland Browns W
(9-7) San Diego Chargers W
(12-4) Baltimore Ravens L

In 2010 we beat 2 teams with winning records and in 2011 which was a 9 win playoff season that was a sign we'd turn the corner we also beat 2 teams with winning records, so the schedule played a big part in us flopping so hard.
Reply/Quote
2010 team wasn't any worse than the 2016-2018 Bengals. I agree with the brutal schedule making their record worse than they really were. This 2019 team though...wow.... they're..."special"
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:32 AM)Brimey Wrote: 2010 team wasn't any worse than the 2016-2018 Bengals. I agree with the brutal schedule making their record worse than they really were. This 2019 team though...wow.... they're..."special"

The NFL is a touchy league and all about the close games deciding a lot, that's for sure.  I don't think there was nearly as much difference between the 2009, 2010, and 2011 teams as the win totals would have people believe.

For further evidence, look how bad the Falcons are now and they had an MVP QB and were up by 28 points over the dynasty Patriots in the SB recently.
Reply/Quote
That 2010 group was a very competitive. They lost close games to Pitt (when Shipley dropped that pass), Atlanta, and New Orleans, who were all good that year. That team was similar to the 2009 team except they lost the close games that the 2009 team managed winning. That was a hard year for me because I still cared about them very much that year and I liked alot of those players, like Benson, Joseph, Hall, and Palmer.

The 2010 Bengals were frustrating and broke my heart on a weekly basis. The 2019 Bengals are a complete joke and probably one of the worst units from top to bottom since 2008 Detroit or the 2006 Oakland Raiders. At least that Raider team had a really good defense. This team just sucks at every possible level.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:52 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That 2010 group was a very competitive.  They lost close games to Pitt (when Shipley dropped that pass), Atlanta, and New Orleans, who were all good that year.  That team was similar to the 2009 team except they lost the close games that the 2009 team managed winning.  That was a hard year for me because I still cared about them very much that year and I liked alot of those players, like Benson, Joseph, Hall, and Palmer.  

The 2010 Bengals were frustrating and broke my heart on a weekly basis.  The 2019 Bengals are a complete joke and probably one of the worst units from top to bottom since 2008 Detroit or the 2006 Oakland Raiders.  At least that Raider team had a really good defense.  This team just sucks at every possible level.

Agreed.  Also, I didn't really give up on the 2010 team until week 8 or so and even then I remember people being fired up about Palmer throwing the ball to Simpson/Caldwell/Shipley/Gresham after the San Diego game.  Palmer looked great and happy and rejuvenated and the narrative then was that Chad and TO could go kick rocks (an unfair opinion, but I can get it) and 2011 was going to be promising with Palmer and the rookie receivers working without Brat, Marvin, and Benson who really went fumble-crazy that year.

Soon after Marvin and Benson are kept and Palmer/Chad/TO go out in a burst of sour grapes and the narrative as to who needed to go fit what we were going to be seeing in 2011...again, it makes sense. 

As little hope as we have that this team will improve any time soon and we know we are really bad in 2019 and will likely be for a while, If Dalton alone pulled a Palmer I assure you we'd quickly declare him THE reason we sucked so much and we'd get fired up about the NEW DEY with Finley even if nothing else changed. Remember, before we even drafted Dalton people were declaring Dan LeFevour and Jordan Palmer to be much better leaders than Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  Also, I didn't really give up on the 2010 team until week 8 or so and even then I remember people being fired up about Palmer throwing the ball to Simpson/Caldwell/Shipley/Gresham after the San Diego game.  Palmer looked great and happy and rejuvenated and the narrative then was that Chad and TO could go kick rocks (an unfair opinion, but I can get it) and 2011 was going to be promising with Palmer and the rookie receivers working without Brat, Marvin, and Benson who really went fumble-crazy that year.

Soon after Marvin and Benson are kept and Palmer/Chad/TO go out in a burst of sour grapes and the narrative as to who needed to go fit what we were going to be seeing in 2011...again, it makes sense. 

As little hope as we have that this team will improve any time soon and we know we are really bad in 2019 and will likely be for a while, If Dalton alone pulled a Palmer I assure you we'd quickly declare him THE reason we sucked so much and we'd get fired up about the NEW DEY with Finley even if nothing else changed. Remember, before we even drafted Dalton people were declaring Dan LeFevour and Jordan Palmer to be much better leaders than Palmer.

All 4 of them...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All 4 of them...

Come on, you are seriously underestimating the power of fandom.  If you need a refresher, go back 2 months and read how we're going to have a top tier offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Come on, you are seriously underestimating the power of fandom.  If you need a refresher, go back 2 months and read how we're going to have a top tier offense.

I’m sure there was a handful of delusional homers, but man was Jordan Palmer a bad QB. It’s crazy anyone was ever hyped about him.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure there was a handful of delusional homers, but man was Jordan Palmer a bad QB. It’s crazy anyone was ever hyped about him.

I think with him it was more like "Look how he stayed when his brother quit and how he's leading the off-season blah blah blah" people were dying for something, I get it.  If Dalton demanded a trade tomorrow we'd all declare him a never-was and we'd say Finley and/or Dolegala were automatically and improvement.

Remember, ZT was automatically an improvement over Marvin, after all.

At any rate, Palmer wanted out and people booed him and Dalton stuck around and people are booing him.  It's a no-win sort of thing unless you can move mountains and miracle this franchise to victory.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think with him it was more like "Look how he stayed when his brother quit and how he's leading the off-season blah blah blah" people were dying for something, I get it.  If Dalton demanded a trade tomorrow we'd all declare him a never-was and we'd say Finley and/or Dolegala were automatically and improvement.

Remember, ZT was automatically an improvement over Marvin, after all.

At any rate, Palmer wanted out and people booed him and Dalton stuck around and people are booing him.  It's a no-win sort of thing unless you can move mountains and miracle this franchise to victory.

Two posts in a row that nailed it, I just quoted this one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:04 AM)Nately Wrote: Remember, ZT was automatically an improvement over Marvin, after all.

We knew the team wasn't going anywhere with Marvin.  This sucks but at least they tried something else and it's what we've been asking for.  It just doesn't seem to be working.  Maybe he turns it around, maybe he doesn't.  I think they give him another year a see what he can do.
Reply/Quote
If I've been seen a team worse than the 2019 Bengals I don't know who they are. That may seem like hyperbole until you really think. And don't tell me about close games, these are professional players, some games will be close.

They can't pass block. Their QB is completely shell shocked. They throw a lot of picks, drop passes and fumble regularly at wideout. The TEs are a complete non factor.
They can't run block. They're setting modern records for rushing futility.
They can't stop the pass. When teams actually have to pass they can and RB passes are an easy first down
They can't stop the run. They're going to set more records for futility here. Teams just run to the edge and it's an easy five yards minimum. The reason the passing stats aren't worse is because the opposition can run at will.
Their playcalling is atrocious. The coaches appear lost and incompetent. The teams LT is probably faking an injury so he can GTHO of here.

The only level of play this team is decent at is Brandon Wilson returning kicks.

I've never been a negative poster too much, but there isn't anything to really be positive about. The 90s are back. From an incompetent front office, to clueless coaches and a team lacking talent everywhere, this is a disaster. And there is no plan. None.
Reply/Quote