Poll: Which was worse for you?
2010 10-game losing streak
2019 starting 0-7 (maybe more)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worse than 2010?
(10-21-2019, 08:54 AM)motoarch Wrote: We knew the team wasn't going anywhere with Marvin.  This sucks but at least they tried something else and it's what we've been asking for.  It just doesn't seem to be working.  Maybe he turns it around, maybe he doesn't.  I think they give him another year a see what he can do.

I don't have a choice but to give Zac a chance because I don't have the ability to fire him and I'm fundamentally opposed to murdering people just over football.. Now if it came down to interrupting my morning coffee routine I'd be on death row tomorrow..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:00 PM)Brimey Wrote: If I've been seen a team worse than the 2019 Bengals I don't know who they are. That may seem like hyperbole until you really think. And don't tell me about close games, these are professional players, some games will be close.

They can't pass block. Their QB is completely shell shocked. They throw a lot of picks, drop passes and fumble regularly at wideout. The TEs are a complete non factor.
They can't run block. They're setting modern records for rushing futility.
They can't stop the pass. When teams actually have to pass they can and RB passes are an easy first down
They can't stop the run. They're going to set more records for futility here. Teams just run to the edge and it's an easy five yards minimum. The reason the passing stats aren't worse is because the opposition can run at will.
Their playcalling is atrocious. The coaches appear lost and incompetent. The teams LT is probably faking an injury so he can GTHO of here.

The only level of play this team is decent at is Brandon Wilson returning kicks.

I've never been a negative poster too much, but there isn't anything to really be positive about. The 90s are back. From an incompetent front office, to clueless coaches and a team lacking talent everywhere, this is a disaster. And there is no plan. None.

Kevin Huber is kicking well.. He's the team MVP at this point.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
On a more serious note, this season is more like the many 0-7+ starts we had in the 90s...it's just a season that never started. In 2010 we had hopes and we collapsed pretty early in the race. This year, like so many worthless 90s years it was clear we never were even on the damn track to begin with.

2010 was disappointing, but 2019 is just another one of those lost-decade seasons where it's just clear we didn't go into the year with an actual NFL-caliber roster.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:00 PM)Brimey Wrote: If I've been seen a team worse than the 2019 Bengals I don't know who they are. That may seem like hyperbole until you really think. And don't tell me about close games, these are professional players, some games will be close.

They can't pass block. Their QB is completely shell shocked. They throw a lot of picks, drop passes and fumble regularly at wideout. The TEs are a complete non factor.
They can't run block. They're setting modern records for rushing futility.
They can't stop the pass. When teams actually have to pass they can and RB passes are an easy first down
They can't stop the run. They're going to set more records for futility here. Teams just run to the edge and it's an easy five yards minimum. The reason the passing stats aren't worse is because the opposition can run at will.
Their playcalling is atrocious. The coaches appear lost and incompetent. The teams LT is probably faking an injury so he can GTHO of here.

The only level of play this team is decent at is Brandon Wilson returning kicks.

I've never been a negative poster too much, but there isn't anything to really be positive about. The 90s are back. From an incompetent front office, to clueless coaches and a team lacking talent everywhere, this is a disaster. And there is no plan. None.

I've been happy with Auden Tate's development. I think he's making a case to be WR3/4 next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been happy with Auden Tate's development. I think he's making a case to be WR3/4 next year.

Ok if I have to find some bright spots I will give you..

Tate has made some crazy catches. I think he gets even better

Ross looks like he won't be a total bust. And his injury was a contact injury, not him being soft. 

Hopkins has been serviceable

Hubbard should be a good player for years

Wilson looks like a ST star

Phillips was good before his injury

We should have a top 3 pick in a QB heavy draft

So there's that
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:58 PM)Brimey Wrote: Ok if I have to find some bright spots I will give you..

Tate has made some crazy catches. I think he gets even better

Ross looks like he won't be a total bust. And his injury was a contact injury, not him being soft. 

Hopkins has been serviceable

Hubbard should be a good player for years

Wilson looks like a ST star

Phillips was good before his injury

We should have a top 3 pick in a QB heavy draft

So there's that

Agree with all that. 
Also, we've seen the starting DBs all be good at some point, so I think scheme has a lot to do with why they are so bad now.
There aren't many bright spots, but it's 100% terrible. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Here's some perspective -- I was a young man when the Bengals came into existence and I remember the first team well. That expansion team -- full of over-the hills, castoffs, never-were's, wannabes, and raw rookies -- would beat this team like a drum.
Reply/Quote
I voted 2010

But it's really a toss up to me. Both are supposed to be win now teams. That's what makes it suck so bad !

Sad part is 2011 should have been the year we had a new HC. Then again in 2016. Who knows where we might be now had MB not been to big a chicken to roll the dice back then.
Reply/Quote