Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Adjustment
So the team obviously tried to add some new wrinkles during the bye week to spice things up.

This one had me pulling my hair out.

Paulie G puts both Dunlap and MJ90 as stand up linebackers in the A-gap and brings them both on a blitz. Well, Eli knew that was coming and just dumped it over the middle for an easy first down. Paulie did the same thing with Will Clarke and another D-lineman later in the game as well. It didn't work.

The coaches are trying too hard to make something happen IMO. Paulie is always dropping DE's into coverage, and now trying to make them play the LB position?

:paul:
Reply/Quote
This staff couldn't adjust their own jocks.
Reply/Quote
On 3rd and 1, it drives me crazy when the CB gives 7-8 yards of cushion.
Reply/Quote
One of two things are going to happen in that formation, both of which I'm sure the offense is happy to accept.

1) Two defensive lineman "blitz" out of a stance that they are not used to and the offensive line picks them up as they normally would if they had their hand on the ground.
2) Both drop into coverage across the middle in an unnatural position and the QB eats them alive.

Glad they added this wrinkle to the playbook.
Reply/Quote
Asking this coaching staff to make adjustments is like asking Michael J Fox to do the frozen in time challenge. It's not going to happen
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:51 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Asking this coaching staff to make adjustments is like asking Michael J Fox to do the frozen in time challenge. It's not going to happen

Just brutal LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:51 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Asking this coaching staff to make adjustments is like asking Michael J Fox to do the frozen in time challenge. It's not going to happen

Well that was brutal..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Next they'll probably try totally flipping the defense. DB's on LOS and D-line taking over as defensive back field. Put the kicker, punter and long snapper in as LBers.

Hey don't judge, give it a chance. Ninja
Reply/Quote

Damn!

Reply/Quote
Mike Zimmer's defense didn't try all these trick plays which don't confuse anyone.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 10:28 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Zimmer's defense didn't try all these trick plays which don't confuse anyone.

Not sure how accurate Piston's thread was "The Grass Isn't Always Greener", but if it IS accurate, looks like even Zimmer has become Marvinized!!
Reply/Quote