Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Zimmer
(12-20-2019, 07:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Him or McCarthy.

Hey, I would take McCarthy and be happy too. Just not as happy as I would with say Rivera as HC and Jay back at OC.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously are not familiar with the Vikings' postseason history under Zimmer.

-Blew a nine point lead in the fourth quarter to lose.

-Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and then won thanks to a miracle fluke play.

-Got blown out 38-7.

Fred, fred, fred. Nothing compares to the idiocy that cost us that playoff win. Absolutely NOTHING!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously are not familiar with the Vikings' postseason history under Zimmer.

-Blew a nine point lead in the fourth quarter to lose.

-Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and then won thanks to a miracle fluke play.

-Got blown out 38-7.

It's funny you give them no credit for a "miracle fluke play", but dont mention the fluke play of a kicker missing a chip shot leading to a loss.

Zimmer is a better HC than Marv. Stop it. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:18 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It's funny you give them no credit for a "miracle fluke play", but dont mention the fluke play of a kicker missing a chip shot leading to a loss.

Zimmer is a better HC than Marv. Stop it. 

It's really hard to say what would be happening here with Zimmer as the HC.

I will say that Marvin won 6 games with this roster last year. The narrative on the board was that ANY coach would be better by default...and they hired Zac Taylor and he has 1 win.

The Bengals have a dysfunctional management structure...and not just any coach can win here. My guess is that they'd never hire Zimmer because of his brash personality. But, I also think he would get frustrated. 

'Hey Mike, we just signed Bobby Hart to a 3 year $21 million contract. We need you to go tell the media how great he is!' <-- Not EVERY coach is cutout for that. I for one couldn't go tell the press things that I didn't believe.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, I would take McCarthy and be happy too. Just not as happy as I would with say Rivera as HC and Jay back at OC.

I just want someone proven who knows what they’re doing. Taylor is clearly in over his head. Can he improve? Ofc. His play calling and staff choices leave a lot to be desired though.

Reply/Quote
SOmeone with experience and a winning record would be nice.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are unfortunately stuck with a clown as head coach
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 11:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'd take him as a HC in a heartbeat. I doubt the FO is ready to move on from Taylor after just one year, but if Zimmer could be convinced to come back as DC, could give Taylor the experienced coordinator/coach that this team needs.

Why would Zimmer come back as DC? He's a winning HC.

Taylor has earned his way off the team. One win does that. He's shown nothing that would indicate he should be give another year to figure out how to be a coach.

He's a QB/WR coach who is in over his head. He's had one dismal draft on one try. One dismal season in one try. Nothing good has transpired from this season, except being the worst which gives you the first pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 10:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just want someone proven who knows what they’re doing. Taylor is clearly in over his head. Can he improve? Ofc. His play calling and staff choices leave a lot to be desired though.

Agree. It feels like Taylor will either need a great OC that can make up for his deficiencies or a QB that somehow is just great improvising that doesn't need a good system/coaching to succeed.

Odds of either happening are probably not that great.

That said, IF we add a few upgrades, we should win several games next year.

The quickest path to the playoffs is going with a Rivera or McCarthy. For whatever reason, I think I like Rivera better.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 10:51 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The best transition ever would have been from marvin to zimmer. Never happened unfortunately.
I beg to differ. The best transition ever would have been from Paul Brown to Bill Walsh. Those Bengals would have been awesome!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 07:18 PM)Clodhopper Wrote:  I beg to differ.  The best transition ever would have been from Paul Brown to Bill Walsh.  Those Bengals would have been awesome!

Indeed, but never let the lack of ego get in the way of winning.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote