Burrow
86.11%
62 86.11%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua over Burrow
(12-20-2019, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No they wouldn’t. Some of you are MASSIVELY downplaying the injury concerns. Drafting any player is a gamble, but Tua is an even bigger one than most.

Perhaps not now with a hip injury. Ts, Joe had at best a 4th round grade just 6 months ago! You guys will believe anything that the media spews fourth.

I like Joe Burrow. I'm just stating the facts. Burrow was never mentioned as the consensus #1 pick until after the Bama game. You guys are in for a big let down next season, especially if AJ isn't re-signed. 

Joe is actually sort of like Brady. He has room to grow, but Tua was better coming in and injury aside is still right there with Joe or even better. Time will tell.

I can tell you this fellas! You better hope he's the next coming of God almighty, because if he isn't, I am going to call the two of you out on it each and every week. That's how you wanted it, so that's how it shall be. 

I like the kid, for the last time. I hope he is ultra successful, if he's a Bengal. I have watched him play at least 8 times this season. He's one big NFL hit away from obscurity. He still has a lot to learn. Hell, he might even get knocked out of these playoffs, if he continues to try and run against the other three defenses.

Alabama's D is overrated this season, just as Georgia's is. LSU gets two home games in this playoff. They easily have the inside track. Peach Bowl n ATL, NC in the Easy. That's a bunch of crap in itself, but that's an entirely different thread and gripe.

I hope you boys are right! You should too!! 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 01:46 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Perhaps not now with a hip injury. Ts, Joe had at best a 4th round grade just 6 months ago! You guys will believe anything that the media spews fourth.

I like Joe Burrow. I'm just stating the facts. Burrow was never mentioned as the consensus #1 pick until after the Bama game. You guys are in for a big let down next season, especially if AJ isn't re-signed. 

Joe is actually sort of like Brady. He has room to grow, but Tua was better coming in and injury aside is still right there with Joe or even better. Time will tell.

I can tell you this fellas! You better hope he's the next coming of God almighty, because if he isn't, I am going to call the two of you out on it each and every week. That's how you wanted it, so that's how it shall be. 

I like the kid, for the last time. I hope he is ultra successful, if he's a Bengal. I have watched him play at least 8 times this season. He's one big NFL hit away from obscurity. He still has a lot to learn. Hell, he might even get knocked out of these playoffs, if he continues to try and run against the other three defenses.

Alabama's D is overrated this season, just as Georgia's is. LSU gets two home games in this playoff. They easily have the inside track. Peach Bowl n ATL, NC in the Easy. That's a bunch of crap in itself, but that's an entirely different thread and gripe.

I hope you boys are right! You should too!! 

Lol actually people were talking Burrow after the Texas game. Love how you just right off top defenses overrated lol.

Just because Tua was a the top QB going into 2019 doesnt mean he can't get knocked off the pedestal. Joe Burrow has earned that #1 spot with his play this year.

Simple as that...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 01:53 AM)Synric Wrote: Lol actually people were talking Burrow after the Texas game. Love how you just right off top defenses overrated lol.

Just because Tua was a the top QB going into 2019 doesnt mean he can't get knocked off the pedestal. Joe Burrow has earned that #1 spot with his play this year.

Simple as that...

I really smile at your " Lols" in particular. It shows just how closed minded and misinformed that you are.

Look buddy! We're all on the same team here. When JB is a Bengal we will both be hoping for the best. The difference is that you're on the bus with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. I'm Dennis Hopper. The beauty of it all is that both JB and Tua are already better passers than Dalton, so we all win on that one.

Bama's D gave up 46 to Clemson in their last game of the 18-19 season. In 19 they gave up 44 to JB and LSU, with another 48 to Auburn. Those were the last 3 good teams that Bama has played. Teams Bama ran the score up on in 19 which made their D stats more impressive: 43-10 over Duke, 62-10 NMexico State,49-7 Southern Miss,48-7 Arkansas, (I could go on even), and last but not least 66-3 West Carolina!!!

Georgia's D is overrated as well, but that's not their biggest problem. Georgia's WRs are all babies. If they can't run the ball, or fall behind, it puts their defense in a hole. They gave up 20 in the first half against South Carolina and lost 20-17!!
JB gets a home game against another shody defense in the Peach. He won't be as lucky in the NC. He will face a great team defense there. Fortunately for him it will be a home game.

Look, I live down here. I travel to NO and ATL. I used to live in Auburn. My x went to LSU. I'm surrounded by people who live, breathe, and crap SEC football everyday. That's all they talk about down here. I've seen every team in the SEC play at least twice this season. LSU,Bama,  and Auburn, I have watched many, many times. They don't even talk pro football down here unless it's the Saints.

As for Tua, look no further than the pass he threw for an 80 plus yard TD against LSU, right after they went up two scores in the 4th. Go watch it. Hits another pro in stride at 50 plus yards, on the outside hashmark. That's a pro QB throw that most current NFL QBs can't even make. No way Dalton makes that throw.

Stats are great, but they leave a lot of grey. There's no point in us debating apples to apples, which is essentially what we have been doing.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 02:54 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I really smile at your " Lols" in particular. It shows just how closed minded and misinformed that you are.

Look buddy! We're all on the same team here. When JB is a Bengal we will both be hoping for the best. The difference is that you're on the bus with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. I'm Dennis Hopper. The beauty of it all is that both JB and Tua are already better passers than Dalton, so we all win on that one.

Bama's D gave up 46 to Clemson in their last game of the 18-19 season. In 19 they gave up 44 to JB and LSU, with another 48 to Auburn. Those were the last 3 good teams that Bama has played. Teams Bama ran the score up on in 19 which made their D stats more impressive: 43-10 over Duke, 62-10 NMexico State,49-7 Southern Miss,48-7 Arkansas, (I could go on even), and last but not least 66-3 West Carolina!!!

Georgia's D is overrated as well, but that's not their biggest problem. Georgia's WRs are all babies. If they can't run the ball, or fall behind, it puts their defense in a hole. They gave up 20 in the first half against South Carolina and lost 20-17!!
JB gets a home game against another shody defense in the Peach. He won't be as lucky in the NC. He will face a great team defense there. Fortunately for him it will be a home game.

Look, I live down here. I travel to NO and ATL. I used to live in Auburn. My x went to LSU. I'm surrounded by people who live, breathe, and crap SEC football everyday. That's all they talk about down here. I've seen every team in the SEC play at least twice this season. LSU,Bama,  and Auburn, I have watched many, many times. They don't even talk pro football down here unless it's the Saints.

As for Tua, look no further than the pass he threw for an 80 plus yard TD against LSU, right after they went up two scores in the 4th. Go watch it. Hits another pro in stride at 50 plus yards, on the outside hashmark. That's a pro QB throw that most current NFL QBs can't even make. No way Dalton makes that throw.

Stats are great, but they leave a lot of grey. There's no point in us debating apples to apples, which is essentially what we have been doing.

You have come out saying ridiculous stuff as to why Burrow hasn't been the push behind his great year.

First. It was because he was throwing short passes to wide open NFL receivers. I debunked you statement showing Burrow has been the best QB throwing contested throws this year with a 8% higher accuracy than the #2 guy in the list. Also his average air yards is 9.2.

Second. You try to put all the success in the coaches and nfl talent but fail to mention Tua has arguably the best coach and has alot more NFL talent around him. And just how accurate and the huge plays Burrow has made all year long behind a mediocre offensive line.

Third. You attack the defenses saying Alabama and Georgia are overrated. While Bama hasn't had the same defenses they have had in the past they are still full of NFL caliber players like DE Terrell Lewis, CB Patrick Surtain, CB Trevon Diggs, DT Raekwon Davis, and S Xavier McKinney.

Fourth. You keep mentioning you live in the South and watch the SEC like no one else watches them. Everyone watches the SEC games are always Televised Nationally and easily recorded.

Fifth and Final. Just look at this perfect 23 yard TD throw...You just can't fit it into a tight window like that any better against the #2 defense in college football. They had no answer for Joe Burrow.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/video/1654427715902

Throws like that which he has done all year are the reason why I say Joe Burrow is the best QB in college football.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 03:42 AM)Synric Wrote: You have come out saying ridiculous stuff as to why Burrow hasn't been the push behind his great year.

First. It was because he was throwing short passes to wide open NFL receivers. I debunked you statement showing Burrow has been the best QB throwing contested throws this year with a 8% higher accuracy than the #2 guy in the list. Also his average air yards is 9.2.

Second. You try to put all the success in the coaches and nfl talent but fail to mention Tua has arguably the best coach and has alot more NFL talent around him. And just how accurate and the huge plays Burrow has made all year long behind a mediocre offensive line.

Third. You attack the defenses saying Alabama and Georgia are overrated. While Bama hasn't had the same defenses they have had in the past they are still full of NFL caliber players like DE Terrell Lewis, CB Patrick Surtain, CB Trevon Diggs, DT Raekwon Davis, and S Xavier McKinney.

Fourth. You keep mentioning you live in the South and watch the SEC like no one else watches them. Everyone watches the SEC games are always Televised Nationally and easily recorded.

Fifth and Final. Just look at this perfect 23 yard TD throw...You just can't fit it into a tight window like that any better against the #2 defense in college football. They had no answer for Joe Burrow.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/video/1654427715902

Throws like that which he has done all year are the reason why I say Joe Burrow is the best QB in college football.

I'll be waiting and watching. Since you like your stats so much, I will be sure to give you Joe's stats on a weekly next season. Enjoy what you have cultivated with me. I know that I'm going to. You will be crying like a little _____ a year from now. Trying to blame Cincy's woes on everything, but their #1 pick, Heisman winning QB. Good times! 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:22 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'll be waiting and watching. Since you like your stats so much, I will be sure to give you Joe's stats on a weekly next season. Enjoy what you have cultivated with me. I know that I'm going to. You will be crying like a little _____ a year from now. Trying to blame Cincy's woes on everything, but their #1 pick, Heisman winning QB. Good times! 

You sound like you’re more interested in being right, and saying told you so, than you are seeing the kid succeed.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 09:11 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I just see how everyone is all over Burrow.. look at the poll.. I see a mediocre play style in Burrow. He better have a mind like Peyton Manning or else he wont live up to his hype. I dont see a , Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, or Manning in him. I see a little bit of Steve Young in Tua, he is a talented quarterback and I really think we should take the chance on him.

With the Bengals recent record of drafting injured players there would be a fan revolt if they took Tua. You think he is better and you are entitled to your opinion but taking Tua with the # 1 pick would have some fans refusing to by tickets and the FO knows it. Right or wrong they will not take Tua. They will take the shiny new toy and get the fans dreaming delusions of grandeur. Hopefully it works out and Burrows continues to improves and leads us to the promised land or maybe just a PO win.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 09:41 AM)Synric Wrote: You can keep setting them up and I'll just keep knocking them down.

Deep passing.

His receivers bail him out and wide open?

Facts.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-how-joe-burrow-and-the-lsu-offense-went-from-unknown-to-unstoppable
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2019-pff-all-american-team

He’s obviously a very jaded Alabama fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Fumbles? Sure. Biggest concern is his horrific accuracy. He's not a good passer. 

Agreed. It was obvious during his time at Alabama that Hurts is not an NFL passer
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It's funny that you bring that up! I didn't think it was necessary. The talent at Bama goes without saying, I know, I have been forced to watch them play nine or ten times as well.

That's how I am able to ascertain which of those two QBs is the most NFL ready. 
Tua is faster. Tua has a stronger arm. Tua has way more big game experience. 

Have you ever heard of Joe Brady or Steve Ensminger? Brady is a huge reason for the Tigers, and Joe's current success.

Man, Joe has serious upside and is currently playing at a high level, but he's in a very good, comfortable spot right now. He's good man, but pump the brakes a touch. Joe Burrow didn't bring success to LSU all by himself.

Coming to Cincy will be like moving to a totally different planet than what he's accustomed to, football wise.

Tua was almost unanimously considered the #1 pick coming into the year. Joe had a 4th or 5th round grade. One great season doesn't change that. Quit reading the hype articles. That's why writers write and videographers make videos. That's their job, is to hopefully get people to read their pitch.

Funny you say “quit reading the hype articles“ when Tua has been the most overhyped college QB since Tim Tebow. He’s been overhyped ever since he came in after halftime and won the National Championship two years ago. If you’ve been following the media since, Tua apparently singlehandedly won that game himself Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 01:38 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Funny you say “quit reading the hype articles“ when Tua has been the most overhyped college QB since Tim Tebow. He’s been overhyped ever since he came in after halftime and won the National Championship two years ago. If you’ve been following the media since, Tua apparently singlehandedly won that game himself Whatever

Yep. Even with a historical season the hype for Burrow hasn’t reached the level it has for Tua and Trevor. If Joe wins the national championship though...

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:22 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'll be waiting and watching. Since you like your stats so much, I will be sure to give you Joe's stats on a weekly next season. Enjoy what you have cultivated with me. I know that I'm going to. You will be crying like a little _____ a year from now. Trying to blame Cincy's woes on everything, but their #1 pick, Heisman winning QB. Good times! 

Hate to disappoint but a year from now I'll be discussing NFL Draft Prospects again even QBs guys like Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Sam Ehlinger, Sam Howell, Tanner Morgan, Brock Purdy...

Scouting the draft looking at and discussing prospects is a hobby. I probably have a higher post count on this board in the Draft Section than Jungle Noise.

Reply/Quote