Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Case Offseason Scenario?
(12-18-2019, 12:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You pretty well sum it up. Mike Brown sitting on his hands as usual = my worst fear.

Staying the course, loyalty, standing pat, keeping Dalton, Glenn, Hart, Kirkpatrick, and so on. Barely dipping a pinky toe into free agency. Relying totally on the draft to fix this dumpster fire.

I barely caught a minute or so of Bill Cunningham yesterday, yes he's a bit of a blowhard, but he was talking something about the NFL leaning on the Giants ownership back in 1992 or whatever ? for running a shit show like MB is, stands empty, no GM, and so on. And he said they stepped in and said change it up here bud you're hurting our brand ! And that's when they hired Parcells and it started turning around.

Fingers crossed it's true and they start leaning on Mike.

Oh great, that would just make him dig in even more deeper and be 2 times as stubborn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I feel like it will be hard to convince free agents with any options to come here. This franchise is pretty dysfunctional.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I feel like it will be hard to convince free agents with any options to come here. This franchise is pretty dysfunctional.

If you offer the $$, they will come.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 01:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: Not getting 1st round pick because of meaningless wins in the last two games and drafting an injury prone offensive lineman who is on the growing list of busts of recent drafts.

i dont think there is any worry of us losing our 1st round pick
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 04:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you offer the $$, they will come.

if you have to over pay for players your just shooting yourself in the foot.
Reply/Quote
Keeping the exact staff in place and Taylor planning on calling plays again.

All the others are debatable but this would be the most disastrous in my opinion.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mine is that we finally decide to move on from Marvin but replace the whole staff with inexperienced coaches because nobody wants to coach here. They decide to extend Hart and add moobs to fix the line. They decide to resign Brown and not to add any LB’s. We lose our best player and number 1 draft pick to injuries for the year. All of this leads us to 1 or 2 wins. The silver lining is that those 1 or 2 wins may lead us to the number 1 pick and there could even be a really talented QB available. The only real hope is that the Bengals have things fall into their lap and that they can stay healthy. They’ll let the best free agents sign first and then scan the scrap heap and they’ll probably pay a little under 20 million to bring back an injured guy. They always screw up the offseason, it will just be interesting with the high pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I feel like it will be hard to convince free agents with any options to come here. This franchise is pretty dysfunctional.

They will come if the money is right(which it probably won't). It's not like we're the only dysfunctional organization out there. Hell look at the Browns.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario is if we don't take advantage of having the #1 pick. We need a shit ton of good players to add to this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 05:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you have to over pay for players your just shooting yourself in the foot.

Well that's the reality though.
The Bengals organization is not a desirable organization.
The city of Cincinnati, while improved from how it used to be, is not on the same level as a city like LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston, Dallas in terms of appeal.
Ohio doesn't have the appeal like Texas, Tennessee, and Florida when it comes to no state income tax.
If the team cannot develop draft picks into elite players often such that they can always have great home-grown talent, they may have to overspend to draw in upper tier talent.
If they keep approaching the way they have been by bringing in mid-to-lower-tier FAs on a budget, they are 100% relying on the draft to solve their problems, and they are where they are because of it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 06:04 PM)J24 Wrote: Worst case scenario is if we don't take advantage of having the #1 pick. We need a shit ton of good players to add to this team.

It'd be incredible for the Bengals to mess up the #1 overall pick. They literally would have the entire crop to pick from.
That's their own fault if they skip out on a near-guaranteed very good player in favor of a guy who MIGHT become better but has a (much) lower floor.

Their safe selections of getting a good-to-great player are:
Chase Young
Jerry Jeudy
Jeffrey Okudah
Derrick Brown
Andrew Thomas

Now that Tua had that big injury, the only "safe" QB pick is probably Joe Burrow, although I could see teams being fearful of just the one year of elite production.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 05:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont think there is any worry of us losing our 1st round pick

This is the Bengals, they find a way to shoot themselves in the foot....

I wouldn't be shocked at all if they did win 2 in a row...its the Bengals way.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 06:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is the Bengals, they find a way to shoot themselves in the foot....

I wouldn't be shocked at all if they did win 2 in a row...its the Bengals way.

Yep. 
Remember back in 2017 when the Bengals won their last 2 games, which brought their record to 7-9?
And for what? They were already out of the playoffs with 9 losses and went from picking in the 6-9 range to picking 12th.
If they hadn't won those 2 games, they could have had either Mike McGlinchey or Minkah Fitzpatrick.
McGlinchey would have saved us from seeing Bobby Hart still on this team.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown finds the fountain of youth and is around for another 30+ years.
Reply/Quote
Keeping this coaching staff. They've been absolutely horrid.

Anyone expecting these clowns grow up next season is just fooling themselves. This team has been ultra easy to beat this season and the team has rarely even competed.

Team needs to bring in actual accomplished coaches who don't need years to figure it out.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 01:22 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Worst case - Mike Brown is still alive

It’s a game. Get a grip.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a game. Get a grip.

Grip on his throat?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 02:42 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Grip on his throat?

Guy is someone’s father, grandfather, etc, but hey if the team he runs doesn’t win enough games what’s his life worth, amirite?

Some of you people need professional help.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Keeping this coaching staff. They've been absolutely horrid.

Anyone expecting these clowns grow up next season is just fooling themselves. This team has been ultra easy to beat this season and the team has rarely even competed.

Team needs to bring in actual accomplished coaches who don't need years to figure it out.

Well, at least they know how to use a headset...  so there's that. Hilarious

People will attribute that they're doing okay because of margin of points in losses.

Nevermind the offense and defense are putrid against many teams.

No balance either.

News flash the Stains had low margin of points in losses for years no matter who were coaches and players.

Also garbage time play bolster stats and don't tell the true game as it happened.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 05:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guy is someone’s father, grandfather, etc, but hey if the team he runs doesn’t win enough games what’s his life worth, amirite?

Some of you people need professional help.

Well his/her's poster name is IC Deadpeople so.........
Reply/Quote