Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Time of Year - May through July
Now that the draft is over, we're in arguably the worst time of the year when it comes to football.
There's nothing until late July when TC starts up. Sure, there are a few days of OTAs, but nothing good ever really comes out of those. If there's news, it's usually because of an injury.

Hopefully the Reds can go on a winning streak again at some point, otherwise this could be a long three months.
For the record, my hockey team is out of the NHL playoffs and I don't care for basketball.
And I only have Unown left to get in Pokemon Go, so there's not much left to do there either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Its mostly Reds for me now. I'll get down to the ballpark a few times, but mostly I just watch them on tv.

Some other interests are the Derby, Indy 500, and some Golf. Might take a summer vacation also, maybe Vegas.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Now that the draft is over, we're in arguably the worst time of the year when it comes to football.
There's nothing until late July when TC starts up. Sure, there are a few days of OTAs, but nothing good ever really comes out of those. If there's news, it's usually because of an injury.

Hopefully the Reds can go on a winning streak again at some point, otherwise this could be a long three months.
For the record, my hockey team is out of the NHL playoffs and I don't care for basketball.
And I only have Unown left to get in Pokemon Go, so there's not much left to do there either.

Honestly, a lot of times, I take off my socks and starting pretending to be Andy Dalton, as if he is getting extra reps in..  try it it helps, pass the time.  For example after work I have to take my shoes off cause I can't walk on the carpet with shoes so I also take off my socks as well roll them up in a ball and drop back 5 feet or so.. and then just pick something and try to hit it.. Example light switch on the wall.  Andy's got a lot of practice to do.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Now that the draft is over, we're in arguably the worst time of the year when it comes to football.

Heres to only news of Rookie Signings and Vet extension between now and camp.

and a few guys getting medically cleared.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 05:28 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Honestly, a lot of times, I take off my socks and starting pretending to be Andy Dalton, as if he is getting extra reps in..  try it it helps, pass the time.  For example after work I have to take my shoes off cause I can't walk on the carpet with shoes so I also take off my socks as well roll them up in a ball and drop back 5 feet or so.. and then just pick something and try to hit it.. Example light switch on the wall.  Andy's got a lot of practice to do.

I don't feel so wierd now. I routinely tackle neighborhood kids with hits above the shoulders while yelling "Vontaze Burfict!!!!".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 06:02 PM)jason Wrote: I don't feel so wierd now. I routinely tackle neighborhood kids with hits above the shoulders while yelling "Vontaze Burfict!!!!".

LOL!!!!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Reds, College baseball and softball, and NBA playoffs for me.
Reply/Quote
College baseball mostly right now with a little bit of Reds sprinkled in.

But college season is about to end in a month.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 06:02 PM)jason Wrote: I don't feel so wierd now. I routinely tackle neighborhood kids with hits above the shoulders while yelling "Vontaze Burfict!!!!".

OMG I thought my son was making it up. He said he didnt want to go outside cause its that time of year where this guy runs out of the bushes in just his underwear and a helmet yelling Burfict. It all makes sense now.
Reply/Quote
I'm good until the Stanley Cup playoffs are over in June. My team didn't even make them, but playoff hockey is the best. After that the summer sucks for me as far as sports go. I root for the Reds, and usually go to a few games a year, but I don't get into baseball like I do hockey and football.

Reply/Quote

I hear ya.  I cringe every time there is a training camp update fearing an injury.  I love the Reds, but it is pretty far behind my love for the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 02:05 AM)TKUHL Wrote: OMG I thought my son was making it up. He said he didnt want to go outside cause its that time of year where this guy runs out of the bushes in just his underwear and a helmet yelling Burfict. It all makes sense now.

My talent is undeniable, but a lot of kids question my antics after the whistle.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Living in the Pacific Northwest, I only get to see the Reds play about twice a year on TV. Even in those games they get beat like a drum. My wife loves this time of year because stuff gets done around the house!! Being a golf instructor, there isn't really a downtime for me, just lots of golf till the season begins!
Reply/Quote