Dre Kirkpatrick
Andrew Billings
Shawn Williams
William Jackson
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst defensive player so far in 2019
It's Billings unfortunately. He's only 23 though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A lot of votes for Billings and I agree guy gets pushed around. Wonder if Josh Tupou should get
more snaps at NT. It’s hard to track number of snaps during the game but I don’t recall seeing much of Tupou against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:33 AM)Goalpost Wrote: It's Billings unfortunately.  He's only 23 though.

He was looking Great in the Pre-season.

I'm still glad we have him and hopeful that he starts contributing more.
Reply/Quote
Dre K.(Penalty)Him and Teryl Austin,(All out blitz)(coach),,Marvin Lewis,(coach),for leaving to much time on the clock.All cost us this game.
Reply/Quote
Went with Billings, too. I want to know what happened to that aggressive powerful NT we saw in pre-season. All I see him do now is stand straight up at the snap and get pushed back. How can a guy built
like Billings not get leverage? I’d like to see Washington active and getting more snaps the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:04 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Went with Billings, too. I want to know what happened to that aggressive powerful NT we saw in pre-season. All I see him do now is stand straight up at the snap and get pushed back. How can a guy built
like Billings not get leverage? I’d like to see Washington active and getting more snaps the rest of the season.

Absolutely.....anyone should be getting more snaps over him at this point.  He's such a non factor, it's like he's not even out there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say Preston Brown has been a disappointment.

We do the same thing with linebacker every year. Get a below average veteran, plug him in, and hope for the best. It never works out and it hasn't worked out this year. So I kind of expected it.

Our linebackers are terrible and we refuse to address it in the draft. Im ready to plug Malik Jefferson in there. At least hes got some athleticism and youth.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I wouldn't say Preston Brown has been a disappointment.

We do the same thing with linebacker every year. Get a below average veteran, plug him in, and hope for the best. It never works out and it hasn't worked out this year. So I kind of expected it.

Our linebackers are terrible.

But he wasn’t below average in Buffalo. He led the league in tackles last year.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:11 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Biggest disappointment for me is Lawson.  I know he gets a bunch of pressures but you can still complete passes with pressure, sacks are game changing plays. We’re almost half way through the season and Lawson has zero sacks. Billings is a close 2nd.  Feel like Billings is all hype from the fans. Guy was supposed to this great run stuffer and has been non existent so far this season.

Lawson only plays a third of the snaps. Its hard to have an impact when your playing so little. 

Lawson needs to take snaps from Michael Johnson in my opinion. I dont care if Lawson is bad against the run, the entire team is already bad against the run. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I wouldn't say Preston Brown has been a disappointment.

Our linebackers are terrible and we refuse to address it in the draft. Im ready to plug Malik Jefferson in there. At least hes got some athleticism and youth.

(10-16-2018, 11:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But he wasn’t below average in Buffalo. He led the league in tackles last year.

He's being used too much in coverage, which isn't his strong suit and a bum ankle makes it even worse. I'm starting to think Haslett either doesn't know or doesn't teach the LB's how to pass cover.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But he wasn’t below average in Buffalo. He led the league in tackles last year.

That doesn't mean you're good. The Preston Brown signing didn't make anyone's wiener hard in the offseason. 

Hes OK against the run, awful in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That doesn't mean you're good. The Preston Brown signing didn't make anyone's wiener hard in the offseason. 

Hes OK against the run, awful in coverage.

It does mean you’re not below average though, which is what I said.

And plenty of people were excited about adding Brown.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:41 AM)depthchart Wrote: He was looking Great in the Pre-season.

I'm still glad we have him and hopeful that he starts contributing more.

True but Jim O was reporting him being pushed around by backups in practice. 

Hopefully he gets stronger with age. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Lawson is having a fine season for a rotational sophomore Dlineman. I believe his pressure rate against the QB is one of the better in the league

WJIII is our best corner (Given DD is closing the gap)

Dre is a starting quality offside CB

Shawn Williams has already won a game for us this year.

Folks are just overly emotional after a Steelers loss. This D held Pitt to 6 points for 29:50 of the second half. If our O could have managed 2 TDs in that same half against a poor Steeler D we win.

We are just one week removed from agreeing that the D won a game for us.

I will say I did like what I saw from Adolphus Washington and think he could take Billing's job if given a shot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: True but Jim O was reporting him being pushed around by backups in practice. 

Hopefully he gets stronger with age. 

The 3rd preseason game he made a bunch of plays against that terrible Bills offensive line. Think that game inflated his stock somewhat.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Lawson is having a fine season for a rotational sophomore Dlineman. I believe his pressure rate against the QB is one of the better in the league

Folks are just overly emotional after a Steelers loss. This D held Pitt to 6 points for 29:50 of the second half. If our O could have managed 2 TDs in that same half against a poor Steeler D we win.

I will say I did like what I saw from Adolphus Washington and think he could take Billing's job if given a shot.

Agree with everything said here. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Lawson is having a fine season for a rotational sophomore Dlineman. I believe his pressure rate against the QB is one of the better in the league

Any defense would have trouble when Big Ben has 3 timeouts, over a minute to go in a game, only needs a field goal to win & it would take a 4th down stoppage or turnover to end the drive.

I've seen Ben work with less than a minute and 1 timeout right into field goal position seemingly at will.

I sensed our Goose was likely cooked while Mixon was celebrating.
Reply/Quote
Just FYI Billings has 6 tackles so far in 6 games. I weigh 220 and could probably luck myself into one tackle/game average.

The other guys have made some plays.

This shouldn’t even be debatable. The guy is downright awful and it reflects in opponents run avg.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:20 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He's being used too much in coverage, which isn't his strong suit and a bum ankle makes it even worse. I'm starting to think Haslett either doesn't know or doesn't teach the LB's how to pass cover.

This.  He was meant to be a better version of Maualuga IMO.....and he is that when healthy for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Too bad there is no line for Teryl Austin, as after rewatching the Stealers game (lost my lunch in the process) I am thinking more and more the problem is schematic. Dre and WJIII are clearly better in man coverage. Bates needs to be free to react to the ball and use either Williams or Fed kind of like a SS/4th LB.

The scheme problems continue up front where we are doing almost nothing to get Geno and/or Dunlap matched up better. No flips, stunts or anything. How about as an experiment do some downs with Billings and Tupou at Tackle and Geno and Dunlap at the ends? ANYTHING to get the DL into better matchups.
Reply/Quote