Vikings
12.50%
6 12.50%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst loss?
(01-11-2016, 11:38 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Now even worse is this...  Burfict was penalized 15 yards, which put him in FG range.  Jones' penalty was BS, since the ref is looking right at Porter being in our huddle.  He isn't even supposed to be on the field and a 15 yard penalty should have been assessed on him.  That would have put the ball back to the original spot and the Steelers would be out of FG range.  Even if you wanted to flag Jones, then you off set the penalties by flagging Porter.  This makes it a lot longer attempt.  Do the Steelers just line up and kick it, or do they try another play?  Could have completely changed the outcome of the game.

This is where I am.  We screwed ourselves by not kneeling and taking the FG, which led to a fumble.  I understand the thought process there, and it was sound thinking, but it ultimately was the wrong call to make.

That screw up led to the dumb shit that ended the game.  I would have been fine with off setting penalties and the Steelers with a shot at a 50 yarder.  If they make it, they make it.......but gift wrapping the damn thing was just the icing on the cake.  Jones needed to be the bigger man there, but I have no doubt they sent Porter out there to instigate.  Reports are he received a game ball for his "heroics".

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:08 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Both are equally devastating.  But, in all honestly, the Vikings loss was worse.

Vikings led most of the game.  Defense was dominant through 3 quarters.  Then a fluke play sets up the Seahawks TD and a turnover by the Vikings best player allows them to take the lead.  Then the obvious missed FG seals the shock.  

The Bengals one stings for all the reasons that have been mentioned in this and other threads but I don't think we can claim that Cincinnati was a dominant team in their game for three and a half quarters like the Vikings were.

Interesting take.  I agree, they did have he lead most of the game and they too had an extremely costly fumble.  If AP can fumble at that time, then Hill can get a bit of an excuse, though I still think Hill's was worse since all game he wasn't running the way he ran on that fateful play.  He should have had 2 hands on the ball since we were in FG range and we were under 2 minutes left.  He didn't need a 10 yards, especially with it being 1st down.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is where I am.  We screwed ourselves by not kneeling and taking the FG, which led to a fumble.  I understand the thought process there, and it was sound thinking, but it ultimately was the wrong call to make.

That screw up led to the dumb shit that ended the game.  I would have been fine with off setting penalties and the Steelers with a shot at a 50 yarder.  If they make it, they make it.......but gift wrapping the damn thing was just the icing on the cake.  Jones needed to be the bigger man there, but I have no doubt they sent Porter out there to instigate.  Reports are he received a game ball for his "heroics".

Hindsight is always 20/20.  If we kneel and kick and miss and we lose in the same fashion, everyone would still be calling for Marvin's head especially since a 1st down on 3rd and short would have been the game clincher.  However if we don't get the 1st down, then all TOs gone, and we would be looking at a closer FG than backing up 6 yards.

I agree that it would have been better for Jones not to say or do anything, but the bottom line is, officials missed another call that they should have made against the Steelers.  The players were even pleading this very claim to the officials.  Even if it slipped the mind of the official, once the claim was made, it should have triggered the memory of the rule to the official and they should have realized how the penalty should have gone, which should have been either off setting (which I could live with, even if I disagree with it) or the correct call of it being on Porter only, as without his taunting Jones doesn't even get flagged.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals. Not even close.

Kickers miss. It happens.

An selfish emotional implosion by supposed professionals? That a special type of stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:59 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Obviously, most people are going to say the Bengals. Because this is a Bengals forum.

But the truth is, losing a game that you earned hurts a lot more than giving away a game you didn't deserve to win.

The Vikings deserved to win. They were in position, with what should have been an automatic field goal, but one small mistake ended it all.

It reminded me of the Denver game in 2006. The team is lining up to kick what should be a game winning/tying field goal/extra point.

And then, inexplicably, the gods of Football decided you weren't going to celebrate that day.

The Bengals lost by shooting themselves in the foot over and over again after, through a series of extremely fortunate events, coming back from 15 down to take the lead.

We almost snuck out of Paul Brown with a win that we probably didn't deserve. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

Both games are absolutely heart breaking. But losing a game you should have won hurts a whole lot more than losing a game you were lucky to be in the running for to begin with.

The Bengals didn't deserve to win?

They stopped one of the best offenses in the NFL. Stopped the hottest receiver in the NFL right now. Held them to 15 points. Scored a clutch touchdown in the final minutes of the game.

Intercepted the ball within the opponents 30 yard line with under 2 minutes to go. Already winning 16-15.

You can't tell me the Bengals didn't deserve to win that game. You can't tell me they didn't do everything to earn that win.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals based on the fact that they were in the lead and messed it up. The Vikings were trying to take the lead. There are also many other factors in it too that make it worse, but that's the obvious one.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Bengals didn't deserve to win?

They stopped one of the best offenses in the NFL. Stopped the hottest receiver in the NFL right now. Held them to 15 points. Scored a clutch touchdown in the final minutes of the game.

Intercepted the ball within the opponents 30 yard line with under 2 minutes to go. Already winning 16-15.

You can't tell me the Bengals didn't deserve to win that game. You can't tell me they didn't do everything to earn that win.

They were physically dominated for 3 quarters.

We may have 'deserved to win,' however arbitrary and ambiguous that is, but we were not the better team that night.

We were lucky to be in it after how badly we played in those 3 quarters. 

The rain was a HUGE benefit to us.
Reply/Quote
For the fanbases, ours was worse. For the teams, theirs was worse. And they're both extremely close.

With 1:30 remaining, even if some of us didn't want to believe it like myself, we knew we were gonna win in all honesty. We had the ball with little time left, and we collectively as a team ****** it up on an unprecedented scale.

When a team fights hard all game and the kicker doesn't pull through, as tough as that is, the team still got to that point and put their kicker in a good position to win for them. That's why it's harder for them to accept defeat.

We put ourselves in the only position where we could've lost after committing the one thing that could've put us there. That's why it's harder on us fans but the players themselves know they screwed up bad. The mistakes the Vikings made, while crucial to their loss, don't match up for the dumbassery we pulled with the game in hand.

Oh, and the Vikings fans at least know their coach is more than capable of leading their team to victory. Misplaced laces doesn't change that.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:12 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A missed field goal on a freezing day is not a mistake. The weather played a factor. Losing control of the team is awful and cost the Bengals the game. That could have been easily avoided.

True, you're talking about a missed FG vs. years of incompetence coming to a head at the worst possible time.
Reply/Quote
I voted vikings.

Almost a sack converted to 1st and goal.
chip shot field goal missed after 2 longer field goals under same conditions.
Vikings played the entire game almost perfectly, and choked at very end.
LACES OUT FINKLE

The refs were heavily part of the Bengals game, which is out of the players control.
Bengals should of taken control of the game in first half but played poorly.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:00 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Oh, and the Vikings fans at least know their coach is more than capable of leading their team to victory. Misplaced laces doesn't change that.

Really, I didn't know that Zimmer had more playoff wins than Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:00 PM)moemoron Wrote: Really, I didn't know that Zimmer had more playoff wins than Lewis.

hmm, I guess I magically included that in there...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:36 PM)Stormborn Wrote: hmm, I guess I magically included that in there...

You have to admit that Zimmer may not even get back to the playoffs, let alone win in them.  So when people say that the Vikings have a better coach, they are completely over exaggerating.
Reply/Quote
Well the obvious answer would be the Bengals because, well we are Bengals fans on a Bengals message board. I too voted Bengals, but i'm pretty sure a vikings fan would feel theirs was worse.
Reply/Quote
Heck, the Vikings were in the NFC title game just a few years back. We're trying to win a playoff game for the first time in 25 years.

We were playing our hated rival. The Vikes were playing a non-division opponent.

Zimmer has only been in Minny for 2 years, so they still have hope. Marv will be going into year 14. We know that his best isn't good enough.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote