Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst media mocks
So it's that time of year for a Bengals fan. I was poking around at some of the media mocks drafts and there are a few that are just bad. Like "why even write this?"

My favorite so far is cbs (link below) with four edge rushers in the top five and the Bengals taking a qb at 11.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-goes-no-1-overall-to-cardinals-kyler-murray-to-dolphins/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 10:44 PM)Benton Wrote: So it's that time of year for a Bengals fan. I was poking around at some of the media mocks drafts and there are a few that are just bad. Like "why even write this?"

My favorite so far is cbs (link below) with four edge rushers in the top five and the Bengals taking a qb at 11.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-goes-no-1-overall-to-cardinals-kyler-murray-to-dolphins/

I could potentially see the Bengals taking Haskins if he falls to #11.  I just don't see him making it there.
Reply/Quote
I would rather have White at 11 but Haskins could be the real deal. I just worry about his pocket awareness and given that the O-Line needs work, a QB like Haskins would need another year to develop. But If the Bengals decide to go with Haskins, they should sit him behind Dalton a year, then trade Dalton in 2020.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 10:44 PM)Benton Wrote: So it's that time of year for a Bengals fan. I was poking around at some of the media mocks drafts and there are a few that are just bad. Like "why even write this?"

That mock is click bait for its awfulness. Murray at 13 is absurd. We've discussed Bengals and QB in this draft and I believe Bengals have a good gauge on what the Bengals will do at the QB position, at least for the 2019 and 20 seasons.

Reply/Quote

Devin White at 22?  To the Ravens, no less?  Well, if we slid to accumulate an extra pick and still got him, great, but the Bengals can't hope they are better at LB in 2019, they need to have an impact player and a FA.  
Reply/Quote
Also, if Haskins is there, they should look for a greedy trade partner like Miami....but he won't be there.
Reply/Quote
I actually could see something like that draft happening. How long have we been talking about how loaded the draft is for edge and D-linemen?

I don't think Haskins is a surefire, homerun, no-brainer QB pick. I doubt he falls to #11 as someone (Dolphins) could easily move up to the top 10 to get him.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 01:10 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I actually could see something like that draft happening.  How long have we been talking about how loaded the draft is for edge and D-linemen?

I don't think Haskins is a surefire, homerun, no-brainer QB pick.  I doubt he falls to #11 as someone (Dolphins) could easily move up to the top 10 to get him.

I don't think Haskins makes it past Denver unless they are sold on Murray.
Reply/Quote

Yea, CBS has really gone downhill since Chris Trapasso took over the NFL draft rankings.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 01:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think Haskins makes it past Denver unless they are sold on Murray.

I've heard several "insiders" saying that Elway has a complete crush on Drew Lock.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 05:13 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've heard several "insiders" saying that Elway has a complete crush on Drew Lock.

People will fall in love with QB's its how guys like EJ Manuel go from unknown to first round picks. I am actually thinking Tyree Jackson could be that guy as we get closer. He has the "Wow" factor but the tape doesn't match the hype right now. His accuracy is going to be an issue, he can wow you with some throws then make some inexplicable ones right after. 
Reply/Quote
What is the success rate for QBs coming into the league only having one year's experience as a starter in college?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 10:06 AM)Big Boss Wrote: What is the success rate for QBs coming into the league only having one year's experience as a starter in college?

Not sure of the top of my head, I know Trubisky has been decent recently. I tend to shy away from that old take though because when it was first the rule back in Parcell's "QB rules" things were different. Today QB's are getting tutoring from passing coaches in high school, many of these coaches work with College and NFL guys too. They are coming in with a much higher knowledge of how the game works and breaking down defenses. The rise of 7 on 7 has also allowed them to keep throwing competitively year round and it has shown in the last couple years with the freshman QB's coming in to major college programs and starting day 1, something that didn't ever use to happen really. 

The other thing is the pro game is starting to emulate the college game more than the other way around. There was a time when pro coaches refused to adapt to the QB, but rather force QB's to fit in their "systems". Now with the success of the Air Raid in the pro's (which people said would never work) and the continued success of the spread (Which people said would never work) these guys are coming in much further ahead of the curve then their predecessors did. 

Trevor Lawrence as a freshman this year would have been the 1st overall pick in the draft if he could be picked, freshman or not. The kid can make all the throws including ones that current NFL starters can't (College opposite hash 15 yard out against cover 2). He handles reading the coverages well including "pro style" coverages that Nick Saban runs. He is just one of many great young QB's coming through, he may be the cream of that crop but he isn't as much of an outlier as people like to make it.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 05:13 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've heard several "insiders" saying that Elway has a complete crush on Drew Lock.

Elway going after QB's is like the guy in the club who hits on every remotely hot babe in the place, hoping the law of averages kicks in and he eventually gets lucky.

For a QB, how can he be so clueless at picking QB's?  He's as much of a QB expert as Marv the LB was a LB expert.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I saw one from USA today we're we traded our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to Tampa for the 5th overall pick which became Haskins.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Good grief that's awful.
Reply/Quote
No QB in the top 10?
They have Jacksonville taking a DT....instead of a QB.....

There's no way that the Giants, Jaguars, AND Broncos don't take a QB. No way every single one pass on taking a quarterback. Especially when you have your pick of whichever you want.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking Drew Lock to Denver if the Elway rumors are true.
Daniel Jones to New York because of his connection to the Mannings.

That leaves Oakland, Jacksonville, Miami, and Washington to fight over Haskins and Murray.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I hope Miami and Washington get in a bidding war to move up to our spot to take a qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I hope Miami and Washington get in a bidding war to move up to our spot to take a qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote