Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Worst prime time game of the year?
Monday night Steelers v. Bengals

These teams look horrible. I am disgusted with the Bengals 25th scoring offense and 27th scoring defense, but they actually rank higher than the Steelers (27th off, 28th def). But both teams have played two close games and one blowout. The Steelers lost by 30 to the Pats while the Bengals lost by 24 to SF. (BTW How many of you realize that the Pats have outscored their opponents 106-17 through 3 games? That is insane!)

It gets worse for the Steelers when you look at yardage (30th off, 29th def). The Bengals actually look better with the 18th ranked offense, but the defense is still 27th.

Steelers make up the difference in turnovers. Bengals are 30th in turnovers (8) and (-4) in turnover ratio. Steelers have turned the ball over half as much (4) as the Bengals, and lead the league with 7 forced turnovers. They are +3 in turnover ratio. That is what kept them close against the Niners. SF had 5 turnovers against the Steelers and only one against us.

Basically if we don't turn the ball over we have a decent chance to beat these Steelers.

Or we could make Benny Snell look like Franco Harris and Mason Rudolph like Roethlisberger. We could get blown out in front of a national audience.
Reply/Quote
I doubt it will be the worst... Its 2 teams in a dog fight to get their first win of the year it should be a heated contest. Granted its not flashy cause they are both 0-3 right now.

But it should be a lot better than any of the blow out games that will occur this season or have already occurred.

This game should not be a blow out.... either way imo
Reply/Quote
Meh, the Browns/Jets game was pretty bad. You had a Jets team that hasn't been good for a long time starting Trevor Simien and then some no-name 3rd string guy against a Browns team that flopped hard in week 1 after so much hype. That was a crap game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Win/Lose records does not effect if the game will be good or bad.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Monday night Steelers v. Bengals

These teams look horrible.  I am disgusted with the Bengals 25th scoring offense and 27th scoring defense, but they actually rank higher than the Steelers (27th off, 28th def).  But both teams have played two close games and one blowout.  The Steelers lost by 30 to the Pats while the Bengals lost by 24 to SF.  (BTW How many of you realize that the Pats have outscored their opponents 106-17 through 3 games?  That is insane!)

It gets worse for the Steelers when you look at yardage (30th off, 29th def).  The Bengals actually look better with the 18th ranked offense, but the defense is still 27th.

Steelers make up the difference in turnovers.  Bengals are 30th in turnovers (8) and (-4) in turnover ratio.  Steelers have turned the ball over half as much (4) as the Bengals, and lead the league with 7 forced turnovers.  They are +3 in turnover ratio.  That is what kept them close against the Niners.  SF had 5 turnovers against the Steelers and only one against us.

Basically if we don't turn the ball over we have a decent chance to beat these Steelers.

Or we could make Benny Snell look like Franco Harris and Mason Rudolph like Roethlisberger.  We could get blown out in front of a national audience.

At least 3 of the Steelers takeaways in the SF game were unforced errors and "lucky" bounces. Typically, TO ratio is a pretty good indicator of record, except here it's an anomaly and if they keep losing, it will eventually correct itself. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This is always a great rivalry regardless of W-L of either team. This is a MNF game because it historically it has been a brawl. Players get hurt, ejected, fined etc. however, here’s what I would like to see. A victory and no shenanigans on our part. No trash talking (they really haven’t earned that anyway), and start thinking about the Cardinals as they start walking off the field. No celebration, no hugging, no nothing. Just walk their ass off the field focused harder than ever. The only victories that matter is the first Sunday of Feb 2020.

Edit: I’m still pissed about 2015. Nuke em!

Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that watched Green Bay vs Chicago?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If the Seattle Bengals play Monday night, I will feel better about the team going forward but they need to win. Taylor needs his first win.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but this is a turning point game for either team.

The team that wins focuses on the rest of the season.

The team that loses starts looking towards off-season and next year.

I'm not saying every player throws in the towel but they know the odds are stacked against them heavily.

I could see the Steelers being motivated if their young QB does well.

On the flip-side it sure would be nice if ZT's first win is against the Steelers with the dreadful loss record of the franchise against them with Marvin.

Granted it would be a lesser Pittsburgh team but still noteworthy none-the-less.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

These teams look horrible.  I am disgusted with the Bengals 25th scoring offense and 27th scoring defense, but they actually rank higher than the Steelers (27th off, 28th def).  But both teams have played two close games and one blowout.  The Steelers lost by 30 to the Pats while the Bengals lost by 24 to SF.  (BTW How many of you realize that the Pats have outscored their opponents 106-17 through 3 games?  That is insane!)

It gets worse for the Steelers when you look at yardage (30th off, 29th def).  The Bengals actually look better with the 18th ranked offense, but the defense is still 27th.

Steelers make up the difference in turnovers.  Bengals are 30th in turnovers (8) and (-4) in turnover ratio.  Steelers have turned the ball over half as much (4) as the Bengals, and lead the league with 7 forced turnovers.  They are +3 in turnover ratio.  That is what kept them close against the Niners.  SF had 5 turnovers against the Steelers and only one against us.

Or we could make Benny Snell look like Franco Harris and Mason Rudolph like Roethlisberger.  We could get blown out in front of a national audience.

insane for sure but lets be real they've played the Steelers, Dolphins, and Jets  not exactly teams who are putting up points against any team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This will be a great game for the casual fan to watch and if we win, a great game for us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Cincy players are sick of Dalton,on both sides of the ball. How many points has our team scored in 3 games?????Nuff said.Please put him on the bench.He cannot no longer run fast,he looks like Grandma out there,he overthrows a lot of his passes or on either side of the receiver.Please put Auden Tate in there,at least he can catch most of daltons passes. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
I am still a Bengals fan and hope we whip the Steelers regardless of our record. Especially at Hines Field would be sweet.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Steeler fan boys have gone back into their holes, since the place is now know n for being the toxic dump the rest of us knew it was. The Bengals are a small market team with one of the best players ever for them out of the game. Would be a nice rivalry, except the "tough guys" are all gone. Juju Bean may make a corner look silly, but not like we have an O-line, LB or DB to put fear in their hearts. Even AJ throws hands and won't be playing.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: The Win/Lose records does not effect if the game will be good or bad.

Setting fandom aside, 2 of the Bengals games have been highly entertaining. 

More so than say - watching Ohio State blow everyone out.

I guess we got that going for us

Reply/Quote
If Bengals go zero first downs in first half and 7 minute time of possess, yes it will be worst ever.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It’s bad because it’s two bad teams record wise playing. It’s like Dolphins-Jets. Who cares?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or we could make Benny Snell look like Franco Harris and Mason Rudolph like Roethlisberger.  We could get blown out in front of a national audience.

Or we could go into Pittsburgh and get that monkey offer back with the first win of the season in commanding fashion, finally setting the Taylor era into actions...

Only time will tell which way the Bengals go Monday night...
Reply/Quote
It would be the best prime time game if the Bengals would put a smackdown on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 08:53 PM)GodFather Wrote: Or we could go into Pittsburgh and get that monkey offer back with the first win of the season in commanding fashion, finally setting the Taylor era into actions...

Only time will tell which way the Bengals go Monday night...

Are we still drinking the koo-aid. Seen this before; Even when we had a better team , we couldn’t win. Does any one really believe today will be any different.

This is like a practice for the Steelers. They own us until we put a whipping on them, then things will change. I’ll believe it when I see it, been disappointed before.

Couldn’t win a playoff game with the lead and the ball with a minute left, really..
Reply/Quote