Poll: Who do you like Best?
Boomer
Anderson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who did you like Best?
(04-01-2020, 01:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:  I always wondered if being a lefty allowed him to pull it off better than a righty.

Not really.  What made it so great was that he was the first to do the "empty hand" play action.  He held the ball on his hip while sticking an empty hand in the RBs belly.  then he brings out the empty had for the defense to see that he has really handed the ball off.

Plus, this helped a lot.  .  .  

'86...#2 rush offense in the league
'87...#4 rush offense in the league
'88...#1 rush offense in the league
'89...#1 rush offense in the league
'90...#5 rush offense in the league
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 01:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I am still convinced the Bengals would have gone to and won the Super Bowl if Palmer didn't suffer the injury in 2006 on that bomb to Chris Henry.

Team momentum was awesome for the Bengals until it all came crashing to a halt.

With all due respect, this is a fallacy that lives in the minds of Bengal fans and maybe no place else.

I don't disagree that the Bengals would have won the Steelers game but for the cheap shot.

But who did the Steelers play in the next game?  Peyton Manning's Colts.  The Bengals never beat the Colts with Manning as their QB and they wouldn't have in those playoffs either.

Don't forget--Slim was injured on that play too.  So, even if CP was there, Slim would not have been.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: With all due respect, this is a fallacy that lives in the minds of Bengal fans and maybe no place else.

I don't disagree that the Bengals would have won the Steelers game but for the cheap shot.

But who did the Steelers play in the next game?  Peyton Manning's Colts.  The Bengals never beat the Colts with Manning as their QB and they wouldn't have in those playoffs either.

Don't forget--Slim was injured on that play too.  So, even if CP was there, Slim would not have been.

I'm sticking with my opinion and don't see it as a fallacy because of what I already mentioned, momentum. It was strong and the team had a vibe of peaking at the right moment.  I think Palmer and the boys could have won a shoot out with the Colts.    Guess we'll never know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want a "Who do you like best?" poll for David Klinger and Akili Smith.
Reply/Quote
Boomer had the "it" factor and since I was born in 1980 he's really the guy I remember watching as a Kid. My favorite player was always Bo Jackson tho =). On a side note I met Munoz when he was playing and later in life because I knew the family that owned Furniture Fair, He will always be my favorite Bengal.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was fortunate enough to see both play. TBS, I have to vote Boomer. I vote that way because there was just an energy in the air when Boomer played. You new that more than not, the Bengals were going to win that day.

**Note: to the poster who said he hopes Burrow is the next Greg Cook. NO!! We need him for 10+ yrs...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
KEN ANDERSON

Boomer was nice but he did not have the career Ken Anderson did.. you don;t hear Boomer and HOF ever mentioned.. but Ken Anderson is mentioned all the time.....

Boomer has a great play action but look at tape and see the great deep pass Anderson threw with like a 7 to 10 step drop.. amazing
Reply/Quote
Don't want to say anything bad about Boomer, but he was not in Anderson's class. Kenny led the league in passing 4 times (only Steve Young has done it more) and he held the single season completion percentage record for over 20 years. When he retired he was 4th in career completions, 7th in passing yards, and his POSTSEASON career passer rating was #2 in history only behind Bart Starr.

It is a crime that he is not in the Hall of Fame.
Reply/Quote