Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Julio trade rumors put Chase in play for #4?
https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Atlanta-Falcons-Julio-Jones-trade-Matt-Ryan-NFL-Draft-2021-164673301/?fbclid=IwAR1CCwg6xuFni_o0Nepr9VupgIvu_FmBG9B5zgz9pXOPq89VAbiOYKv7HHo

Either way we need to be prepared for Chase to be gone at 5 since he is a top 3 BPA.
Reply/Quote
I've been prepared for a Dolphin jump to take Chase or Atlanta flat out takes Chase if they decide to part with Julio.

It only makes our decision that much easier. Sewell. Although I personally would be screaming for Pitts.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I said that yesterday. There's no guarantee that Chase is going to be on the board at 5. Julio is getting up in years and they could easily add a guy like Chase to round out their WR corps.

I could see the Dolphins and Lions move up to 4 if they REALLY think there is a huge drop-off after Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 10:51 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Atlanta-Falcons-Julio-Jones-trade-Matt-Ryan-NFL-Draft-2021-164673301/?fbclid=IwAR1CCwg6xuFni_o0Nepr9VupgIvu_FmBG9B5zgz9pXOPq89VAbiOYKv7HHo

Either way we need to be prepared for Chase to be gone at 5 since he is a top 3 BPA.

This cracks me up!  Yesterday I posted

Quote:Don't forget Calvin Ridley's contract is up after 2021 and the 5th year option would cost over $11 mill.  Julio Jones just signed that 3 yr $66 mill deal which isn't up till 2023 and cuting him would be a $17 mill cap hit after 2021.  It's possible they may look at Chase as a replacement for Ridley if they feel they can't afford Ridley and Jones. Probably unlikely, but possible.

It appears I was wrong on which WR the Falcons may move on from!  With the doubts swirling around Matt Ryan's future I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons take Chase knowing that when they get their new QB down the road he has Ridley and Chase ready to prop him up. Assuming they go chase and some Oline picks later in the draft they could really ease that transition for a new QB.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
This really would be the best thing overall. If someone moves in front of the Bengals and takes Chase or even Sewell it settles down the grand debate around here.

If they pick Chase over Sewell or Sewell over Chase then for the next 4 years there will be more of the same of look how great player A is doing and we missed out on him and....

At least if the choice is made for us, then there can't be nearly the level of complaints.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cool. We still have three days to create a few dozen Pitts vs. Sewell threads.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 10:51 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Atlanta-Falcons-Julio-Jones-trade-Matt-Ryan-NFL-Draft-2021-164673301/?fbclid=IwAR1CCwg6xuFni_o0Nepr9VupgIvu_FmBG9B5zgz9pXOPq89VAbiOYKv7HHo

I hope they take him.. means Sewell should be our pick... 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 11:15 AM)Burma Wrote: This cracks me up!  Yesterday I posted

It appears I was wrong on which WR the Falcons may move on from!  With the doubts swirling around Matt Ryan's future I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons take Chase knowing that when they get their new QB down the road he has Ridley and Chase ready to prop him up. Assuming they go chase and some Oline picks later in the draft they could really ease that transition for a new QB.

In the NFL today that means next year... they won;t pass on Chase if they are not signing Ridley or trading him
Reply/Quote
There going to trade the pick. My bet would be Washington!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 10:53 AM)Takedown Wrote: I've been prepared for a Dolphin jump to take Chase or Atlanta flat out takes Chase if they decide to part with Julio.

It only makes our decision that much easier. Sewell. Although I personally would be screaming for Pitts.

Dolphins will be doing what possible Bengals are doing.. taking one of the Bama WRs to reconnect with Tua... they will be happy getting one of them.. not much difference in the top WRS.. or they might go Pitts
Reply/Quote
I really believe that Atlanta is going to go hard to trade Julio Jones and then select Chase with the #4 pick. I am a Chase fan. I will be OK with Sewell if selected but I will be on pins and needles waiting on that #4 pick just as much as #5.
Reply/Quote
If Atlanta does us a solid and takes Chase or trades to a team that takes Chase or Sewell so the pick is made for us, I'll actually donate money to one of their charity funds.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 03:56 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I really believe that Atlanta is going to go hard to trade Julio Jones and then select Chase with the #4 pick.  I am a Chase fan.  I will be OK with Sewell if selected but I will be on pins and needles waiting on that #4 pick just as much as #5.

Looks like any move would be after June 1st and IF they chose Chase at #4 they would lose a lot of leverage because teams would know they are more eager to trade him with his replacement already on the team. Plus at his age he is just not worth a 2nd rounder imo.

Quote:There’s one extra fact that underscores the team’s apparent urgency to make a deal: Jones’ salary for 2021 is fully guaranteed. As a result, the Falcons can’t cut him without owing him the difference between $15.3 million and whatever he gets elsewhere. (I threw a dart suggesting he’d potentially be cut during PFT Live without checking the duration of the guarantees.) Thus, their only way out from under the contract is to trade him, with a post-June 1 move being the only way to work it out this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 04:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Atlanta does us a solid and takes Chase or trades to a team that takes Chase or Sewell so the pick is made for us, I'll actually donate money to one of their charity funds.

LOL.  Until the Bengals take the other generational WR in this draft.  We need to get weapons.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 06:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL.  Until the Bengals take the other generational WR in this draft.  We need to get weapons.

Who? Smith or Waddle?

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 07:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Who? Smith or Waddle?

Take your pick.  I'm being sarcastic as there aren't any generational WRs in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 04:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Atlanta does us a solid and takes Chase or trades to a team that takes Chase or Sewell so the pick is made for us, I'll actually donate money to one of their charity funds.

Plot twist, wouldn't doubt the smoke someone floated of them possibly perfering Slater, some of us riot.  For this reason, we'd be smart to deal back and hopefully still land one of the two.  Denver would offer the most (say 2nd, 3rd and future 3rd or 4th) but worst case you have to ask yourself if Parsons is a BPA the defense can use or if one of those Alabama slots actually fits.  I don't think so, so a safe partner is Detroit or Carolina but less payout.  If Slater and Sewell are close on their board I'd rather see them get an extra 2nd or 3rd or gamble with a big Denver package than take Slater at 5.  The best case may be NE moving up to 8 and then 5.  
Reply/Quote

I think Atlanta wants to trade out really badly and this is signaling that they would be willing to throw in a player as well, but the money will make that very challenging.  
Reply/Quote
A lot of people have been speculating that ATL will take Pitts because he'd be phenomenal with Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones, and Hayden Hurst with Ryan at QB.
The other thought was they would take a QB to groom behind Ryan and then maybe address receiver at 35.
They could also think about replacing their 2019 1st round pick Kaleb McGary with Sewell or Slater, as McGary hasn't really lived up to 1st round expectations thus far.

If they think they can and want to get Julio's contract off the books (has to be post-June 1 because of the cap hit), it could make sense that they go for Chase given Ridley is set to hit his 5th year option ($11 mill) next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 08:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Take your pick.  I'm being sarcastic as there aren't any generational WRs in this draft.

If Chase was taller, I think he'd be considered more universally as a generational WR.

What's interesting is that the only WRs drafted in the Top 10 in the past decade who have been in the Top 10 in receiving yards have been just Julio Jones, Mike Evans, and AJ Green. Most of the other good WRs are taken in the late 1st and early 2nd.

So if you're going to take a WR in the Top 10 nowadays, you better be damn sure they're going to be really good, because the best value for WRs is late 1st and early 2nd.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote