Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Miami give up pick 81 to secure Chase?
If Miami is in love with Chase, would they give up pick 81 to secure him?  The trade chart says 100pts and the pick is 185 so maybe a 5th goes back.  Cincy would have to be:

A. A threat to take him themselves at 5
B. A threat to trade out of 5 to a team that would take him.

I suppose you could say the same if Pitts is their guy, hopefully they want one more than the other, remember it's theoretical.  To me, the 81 pick is worth the slim margain of Chase/Pitts/Sewell.  
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:23 AM)phil413 Wrote: If Miami is in love with Chase, would they give up pick 81 to secure him?  The trade chart says 100pts and the pick is 185 so maybe a 5th goes back.  Cincy would have to be:

I suppose you could say the same if Pitts is their guy, hopefully they want one more than the other, remember it's theoretical.  To me, the 81 pick is worth the slim margain of Chase/Pitts/Sewell.  

I think they are content with Waddle or Smith to pair up with Tua honestly. Seems like their evaluations of the three WRs doesn't have as much of a gap between them. 

Or

They are sitting there behind us at 6 expecting Sewell to fall to them, an in that case we'd have to sell we want Sewell to them and move back. 

Overall, I think it is a good idea, but I just don't see Miami feeling like they need to leap us for anyone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just as a side note, there is a ton of talk coming from Atlanta about trading out of 4. And there are two likely options. A team that wants the 4th QB or a team that feels Chase is the missing piece looking to jump in front of Cincinnati.

I can actually see that happening draft night. The Falcons go on the clock, and move out to a team that jumps up to take Chase. Would be funny since it wasn't too long ago they moved up themselves to get Julio.... then again, maybe Atlanta just takes Chase as the heir apparent to Julio and we are left with Pitts and Sewell and we've had the wrong argument all along.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Just as a side note, there is a ton of talk coming from Atlanta about trading out of 4. And there are two likely options. A team that wants the 4th QB or a team that feels Chase is the missing piece looking to jump in front of Cincinnati.

I can actually see that happening draft night. The Falcons go on the clock, and move out to a team that jumps up to take Chase. Would be funny since it wasn't too long ago they moved up themselves to get Julio.... then again, maybe Atlanta just takes Chase as the heir apparent to Julio and we are left with Pitts and Sewell and we've had the wrong argument all along.

It is a good point.  We talk about having the best non QBs to pick from, but what if someone wants one of them?  Some of us would be fine with dealing down to 7 and still getting one of the big 3, what if Atlanta thinks the same way.  They get one or one of the young QBs.  
Reply/Quote
Miami is all but guaranteed 1 of the big non-QB 3. Think they're probably content to just take whomever falls to them at 6. They were able to still get one of the Big 3, and got a 2021 2nd and a 2023 1st out of it. Pretty big win there by the FO.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Just as a side note, there is a ton of talk coming from Atlanta about trading out of 4. And there are two likely options. A team that wants the 4th QB or a team that feels Chase is the missing piece looking to jump in front of Cincinnati.

I want Pitts if this happens, then go OL the rest of the way, or most of it anyways.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 06:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Miami is all but guaranteed 1 of the big non-QB 3. Think they're probably content to just take whomever falls to them at 6. They were able to still get one of the Big 3, and got a 2021 2nd and a 2023 1st out of it. Pretty big win there by the FO.

Yeah, they did well with their trading around...
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, they did well with their trading around...

They've done well in everything. 

Traded away players to get more picks in a down season, restocked well in FA, had they taken Herbert over Tua they'd be a really good team.

Right now, Tua is the weak spot on that team.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:23 AM)phil413 Wrote: If Miami is in love with Chase, would they give up pick 81 to secure him?  The trade chart says 100pts and the pick is 185 so maybe a 5th goes back.  Cincy would have to be:

I definitely think Miami would if they thought that highly of Chase. The chart is of course just a solid guideline. When you're talking about a prospect as coveted as Chase that high in the draft, the Bengals would be in the driver's seat.
Reply/Quote
I think Miami is perfectly fine picking where they are. I figure they are interested in Chase and Pitts and will most likely get one of them at 6.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think Miami is perfectly fine picking where they are. I figure they are interested in Chase and Pitts and will most likely get one of them at 6.

They potentially could have to "settle" on either the Bama WRs or Sewell. Especially if the talks about ATL or DAL are to be believed.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They've done well in everything. 

Traded away players to get more picks in a down season, restocked well in FA, had they taken Herbert over Tua they'd be a really good team.

Right now, Tua is the weak spot on that team.

Well done. They seem to have a very good FO at the moment.

I had Tua ranked ahead of Herbert myself. The Chargers are also doing well.
Reply/Quote