Poll: Would we have won today if Dalton was playing?
Hell Yes
Hell No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would We Have Won With Andy Today?
I think we would have won today if we had Andy. The Broncos did not play very well today and if we could have made a few plays that could have been made the entire game would have shifted. Good Chance we would have won if Andy was in the game today and No this is not a knock against Driskel.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did Dalton beat Cleveland? Did he put up points against the Saints?

What makes you think he would have scored 24+ today?

The offense has been done for weeks.

The 3 defensive starters that left the game for Denver.

He is also super conservative. And has a quick release. Two key characteristics of a game manager. In a game where the oppsoing QB had less than 150 yards.. And defensive starters lost for the game... This easily would have been one of those games that gives mike brown confidence in marv and dalton being the answer games 

For some reason the super athletic QB who couldnt make it on his first college team and was cut by his first nfl team couldnt hack it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:41 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I think we would have won today if we had Andy.  The Broncos did not play very well today and if we could have made a few plays that could have been made the entire game would have shifted.  Good Chance we would have won if Andy was in the game today and No this is not a knock against Driskel.

How is saying we would have won with Andy NOT a knock on Driskel?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The 3 defensive starters that left the game for Denver.

He is also super conservative. And has a quick release. Two key characteristics of a game manager. In a game where the oppsoing QB had less than 150 yards.. And defensive starters lost for the game... This easily would have been one of those games that gives mike brown confidence in marv and dalton being the answer games 

For some reason the super athletic QB who couldnt make it on his first college team and was cut by his first nfl team couldnt hack it. 

You guys are delusional. Our offense has been just as bad with Dalton the past several weeks.

The offensive line is terrible. Any receiver on the roster outside of Boyd and Green are terrible.

Lazor's gameplanning is terrible.

We gave up 6.4 yards per rush.

No way we win this with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:45 PM)THE PISTONSn Wrote: How is saying we would have won with Andy NOT a knock on Driskel?

Driskel may be shitty. But he wouldn't be much shittier than dalton if he had 7 years of experience?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are delusional. Our offense has been just as bad with Dalton the past several weeks.

The offensive line is terrible. Any receiver on the roster outside of Boyd and Green are terrible.

Good chance i am delusional. I just see the fact an opposing QB had less than 150 passing yards and wasnt a rookie QB or the Ravens and think this is the kind of game we usually win
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  Andy Dalton would have led the Bengals to a victory today. He wouldn’t haven’t thrown that inexcusable pick which led to a Denver touchdown so there’s seven less points for the Broncos. That’s 17.  Andy would have been able to get at least 17 points on the board.

The pick was a bad decision. But it didn't cause the Broncos TD. The Bengals defense being parted like the Red Sea by Moses allowed that 65 yard TD run.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The pick was a bad decision. But it didn't cause the Broncos TD. The Bengals defense being parted like the Red Sea by Moses allowed that 65 yard TD run.

Is it the shitty defense that breaks the will of the offense? Or the shitty offense that breaks the will of the defense? Or maybe just maybe, highly doubtful though, its the shitty moronic head coach who gets out smarted year after year with a dopey ass downer owner with zero passion that breaks the will of the entire team
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How is saying we would have won with Andy NOT a knock on Driskel?

I voted no because of the bad performances by quite a bit of the supporting cast.

I do think Andy would have given them a better chance of win, I just don't know how much though.

I mean Andy does have a ton of experience whereas Driskel had zero. That alone is a pretty big factor, and it isn't a knock on Driskel at all.

Personally I thought Driskel did pretty good considering the 4 sacks, the 1 strip, Erickson fumble, safe playcalling, zero experience, AJ hurt, playing behind this o-line facing that Bronco d-line. The only really bad play was the intro, which stems from lack of experience.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
under the conditions Driskel was playing,No quarterback in the league could have won this game.Loose your star receiver early in the game,offensive line committing penalties repeatedly,creating third and long,dropped passes,offensive coordinator calling super conservative plays,ect.NO.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Is it the shitty defense that breaks the will of the offense? Or the shitty offense that breaks the will of the defense? Or maybe just maybe, highly doubtful though, its the shitty moronic head coach who gets out smarted year after year with a dopey ass downer owner with zero passion that breaks the will of the entire team

Bite yer tongue. Your gonna break the will of the fanbase with talk like that.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Some of these are pretty good.

Tory James sighting...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I voted No.

The simple reasoning is that we didn't win against Cleveland last week and Denver is better than Cleveland. Plus, AJ Green was lost early, then Boyd. Dalton hasn't played well without Green in the line up. How would anyone expect him to play better without Green and Boyd?

Driskel was 25 of 38 for 236 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT which really isn't any worse than Dalton since the bye week. Driskel played better than Dalton did in the Cleveland game, so there's that too. I'm not say that Driskel is better than Dalton, I'm saying that on this team with this coaching staff it makes little difference between the two cause the staff is just that bad.

The play calling was unimaginative and predictable, as usual. We majorly under utilize Mixon who had 6.8 yards per carry, but we only give him 12 carries. Stupid!!!!!! Plus Mixon caught both of his targets and caught 7 of 7 targets last week. Yet we throw to the likes of Core and Lengal who were a combined 2 catches on 6 targets.

With the way things are, I'd put Mixon (9 catches on 9 targets the last two weeks) and Bernard (7 catches on 10 targets the last two weeks) out there on every down in place of the bums we call WRs. Walton could play RB and we'd let Uzomah play TE. The rest of the receivers could sit on the bench and hope someone wants a breather.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good chance i am delusional. I just see the fact an opposing QB had less than 150 passing yards and wasnt a rookie QB or the Ravens and think this is the kind of game we usually win

When a team rushes for 217 yards at 6.4 yards a rush...you don't need to pass for 400 yards too.

I doubt that we scored 24+ points with Dalton...especially without AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Is it the shitty defense that breaks the will of the offense? Or the shitty offense that breaks the will of the defense? Or maybe just maybe, highly doubtful though, its the shitty moronic head coach who gets out smarted year after year with a dopey ass downer owner with zero passion that breaks the will of the entire team

Our issues are more than coaching. Coaching is a huge part of it...but the guys can't tackle on defense. The line is really bad on offense.

It's not just 1 thing.

The team needs rebuilt with actual talent. We have 7-8 starters rated among the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:24 PM)Destro Wrote: Brady, Brees or Mahomes or whomever wouldn't make this team win. One player cannot make or break this team.

An elite QB can make a big difference. Unfortunately, we don't have one on this team.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are delusional. Our offense has been just as bad with Dalton the past several weeks.

Zackly

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I notice the word “if” comes up a lot where Dalton is concerned...

No. We would have still played like garbage with Andy under center.
Reply/Quote
I don't typically count Andy out in games like this game unless he's actually out like this game. 
You never really know exactly what you might get with Andy. He can be horrible one game then great the next so I give it a 50/50. He may have won it or he may not have.. I have spoken.. I dunno . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
No, line and playcalling are atrocious.

Reply/Quote