Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Be Okay If
(03-17-2022, 09:37 AM)Millhouse Wrote: It's not ideal but only if they draft one of the top two receiving tight ends early on, meaning their 1st or 2nd round pick, or try to trade up in the 2nd for one of them.

One big issue at the moment as well is that they don't have a 4th receiver, at least anyone of quality. Rolling into the season with just Chase, Tee, and Boyd is not a good thing.

Mike Thomas and Taylor are under contract. YMMV on their quality. 

If we ace the rest of FA I'd oove to be in position to take a falling WR at 31 or on day 2. But I think defensive depth will take priority or OL. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:57 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: We went into the draft with our TE depth chart:

1. Drew Sample
2. Mitch Wilcox
3. Thaddeus Moss
4. Scotty Washington

Along with maybe one no-name signing? I mean, so long as we draft one, or scoop up somebody during the wave of camp/preseason cuts, I'm okay with it. Moss was Burrow's college teammate, and played well, so there is some chemistry. And Sample could be in line for a Dalton Schultz-style 4th year breakout if he's given more snaps. Even if not, he's one of the better (even if not elite) blocking TEs. The TE isn't featured that often in our offense, and with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon, he'd be the 4th option most of the time. I'd love McBride if he was BPA, or a Ruckert in the mid-rounds, but I honestly don't think it's the end of the world if we just stand pat at TE and focus on other more pressing needs.

With the way we don't use the TE much I think we would be fine with that and a rookie to compete from the Draft.

Still wouldn't mind bringing in a TE in FA as long as the RT position is taken care of.
Reply/Quote
No, we need a competent receiving tight end. Drew Sample is a joke in that aspect
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 02:29 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: No, we need a competent receiving tight end. Drew Sample is a joke in that aspect

Why do you think this?  I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't remember ever watching a game and thinking negative things about Drew Sample last year (when he started in place of CJ).  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 03:17 PM)basballguy Wrote: Why do you think this?  I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't remember ever watching a game and thinking negative things about Drew Sample last year (when he started in place of CJ).  

He’s not athletic and he bobbles routine passes. No one feels confident when he gets the ball, and when he does it’s always a 5 yard check down pass. He hasn’t done anything noteworthy as a receiver with just one touchdown in his career.
Reply/Quote