Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Blow Reds Up At Trade Deadline in July ???
(06-01-2022, 02:17 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I agree to trade Castillo to a contender and let him experience the playoffs. The Reds could get a bunch of good prospects.

It feels like he's pitching his way out of Cincinnati. If he has a couple more successful outings he'll even be in more demand than he already is.  I assume Yankees and Mets fans are already starting the lowball fantasy trade ideas to get him.  Hilarious 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 09:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It feels like he's pitching his way out of Cincinnati. If he has a couple more successful outings he'll even be in more demand than he already is.  I assume Yankees and Mets fans are already starting the lowball fantasy trade ideas to get him.  Hilarious 

As much as I enjoyed watching/listening to Mike And The Mad Dog . . . listening to the dumbshits that called that show with their "trade rumors" that they tried to wish into existence was just too much.

"Yeah, I heard that _____ ______ was offering the Mets two or three prospects for_____ _____(player just signed to new large contract that's hitting .119 two months into the season) and I was wonderin' if youse guys knew anything about dat?"

That would happen three or four times a day, no matter the sport or time of year. I think it's mostly a New York thing because, over the years, I've listened to other talk shows from around the country and there are very rare occasions where that type of bullshit rumor would come up. New York? That's just Standard Operating Procedure.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 11:40 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: As much as I enjoyed watching/listening to Mike And The Mad Dog . . . listening to the dumbshits that called that show with their "trade rumors" that they tried to wish into existence was just too much.

"Yeah, I heard that _____ ______ was offering the Mets two or three prospects for_____ _____(player just signed to new large contract that's hitting .119 two months into the season) and I was wonderin' if youse guys knew anything about dat?"

That would happen three or four times a day, no matter the sport or time of year. I think it's mostly a New York thing because, over the years, I've listened to other talk shows from around the country and there are very rare occasions where that type of bullshit rumor would come up. New York? That's just Standard Operating Procedure.

Funny, I appreciate you sharing.

I have no connection to New York and do not follow the teams. I just know that over the years, I've seen on Reds message boards, Twitter, other social media, etc. that Yankees or Mets fans will propose a deal where the Reds get like the 47th ranked prospect in their system for our top talent. Many Yankees fans, and I understand why, really do view most MLB teams as their personal minor league squad. It must be fun watching stars on other teams while having a realistic hope you might one day get that star.

Take India for example. He might one day be playing for New York, LA, or Boston. It wouldn't be a shocking outcome. But a young Yankee star in the making is never going to end up on the Reds after experiencing big league success.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 11:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Funny, I appreciate you sharing.

I have no connection to New York and do not follow the teams. I just know that over the years, I've seen on Reds message boards, Twitter, other social media, etc. that Yankees or Mets fans will propose a deal where the Reds get like the 47th ranked prospect in their system for our top talent. Many Yankees fans, and I understand why, really do view most MLB teams as their personal minor league squad. It must be fun watching stars on other teams while having a realistic hope you might one day get that star.

Take India for example. He might one day be playing for New York, LA, or Boston. It wouldn't be a shocking outcome. But a young Yankee star in the making is never going to end up on the Reds after experiencing big league success.

At least not until they're 37 -40 years old.
Reply/Quote
Despte the bullpen meltdown yesterday, Mahle has had a decent last couple of starts. Maybe they can get a better return if he can keep this up.
Reply/Quote
Barry Larkin on Bally Sports today implied a major shakeup to the Reds lineup when the healthy return and some get traded. Seems like he knows there will be trades (selling) going on this year at the trade deadline.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
They can't get anything of value for any of our older guys.

If we trade away our young guys then that means we are probably another 2 years away from even being competitive.

I can't imagine they won't make any moves, but it is hard for me to get very excited about what they do.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 12:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They can't get anything of value for any of our older guys.

If we trade away our young guys then that means we are probably another 2 years away from even being competitive.

I can't imagine they won't make any moves, but it is hard for me to get very excited about what they do.

Exactly

Castillo in a trade perhaps to some team on the bubble ? That's if Castillo goes on a pretty hot streak and gets his value up a good bit.
Reply/Quote
I know Votto is on the decline, but what are the odds the Reds do him a solid (doubtful FO motivation) and trade him to a contender where being among better bats would mean seeing better pitches? They might have to pay half his salary (definitely FO motivation) this year and next (no idea how long his contract is) for someone to take him, but since the Reds have no interest in winning, moving Votto's contract (or part of it) off the payroll might be something they want to do. And if Votto benefits, then the FO can milk it to look a little better publicly (though they don't seem to care).
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 10:10 AM)Stewy Wrote: I know Votto is on the decline, but what are the odds the Reds do him a solid (doubtful FO motivation) and trade him to a contender where being among better bats would mean seeing better pitches?  They might have to pay half his salary (definitely FO motivation) this year and next (no idea how long his contract is) for someone to take him, but since the Reds have no interest in winning, moving Votto's contract (or part of it) off the payroll might be something they want to do.  And if Votto benefits, then the FO can milk it to look a little better publicly (though they don't seem to care).

He is from Canada.  Toronto is a very good team this year.  I know they don't need a 1B (Vlad Jr) but with the DH most teams can find a lot of ABs for a left-handed hitter.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 10:10 AM)Stewy Wrote: I know Votto is on the decline, but what are the odds the Reds do him a solid (doubtful FO motivation) and trade him to a contender where being among better bats would mean seeing better pitches?  They might have to pay half his salary (definitely FO motivation) this year and next (no idea how long his contract is) for someone to take him, but since the Reds have no interest in winning, moving Votto's contract (or part of it) off the payroll might be something they want to do.  And if Votto benefits, then the FO can milk it to look a little better publicly (though they don't seem to care).

Votto would first have to do a solid and want to go to a contender.  He is perfectly content being a Red. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is from Canada.  Toronto is a very good team this year.  I know they don't need a 1B (Vlad Jr) but with the DH most teams can find a lot of ABs for a left-handed hitter.

Votto just became a US citizen a few months ago.  He wants nothing to do with Toronto. 
Reply/Quote
Their entire game plan appears to be around building for 2024 and the first year out of Votto's contract. Once he's gone, they can sign two to three solid players to compliment India, Stephenson, Barerro, Senzel and Lopez(this kid can hit, get him some ABs).

I think they should look at keeping Almora. He's a less fast Billy Hamilton but can hit. To be honest, outside of Eric Davis, I think he's the most complete CF they've had since Cesar Geronimo.

Reynolds is great, but he looks to be in the way of Lopez' development. Where's he going when India comes back? The bench and that will most likely push down Lopez.

Drury. I could see him sticking around but is he in their long term vision or is there someone coming up in the minors? . . . we still don't know what's coming in the supposed Castillo trade. Short and 2nd have two young players set to take the reins for a long time. This is the spot they need to fill in the infield as I honestly feel that Stephenson will the the Reds 1B from 2024 onward.

I really like Moran. Not sure how much he fits into their plans but he was the key figure in the Pirates dealing McCutchin to the Giants. He can hit, and I honestly feel that he'd still be a Pirate if he didn't have so many injuries. He had two last year. He missed some time on the DL, his 2nd at bat in his comeback game, he got hit by a pitch and went right back on the DL. The Pirate announcers were sick to their stomachs they felt so bad for him because everybody in the locker room loves him.

If Strickland continues to pitch well, I could see teams looking to add a veteran reliever offer something small and the Reds jumping at it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote