Poll: Would You Be Done With The Bengals If Brown Rehired Marvin Lewis as HC in 2020?
Yes- Put a fork in it
No- I will always hold out for hope
Ummmmmm Ya Got Any Gum?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Lose Your Mind If Brown Fired Taylor After This Season And Rehired Marvin?
Do we really need dumb threads like this one?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:55 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Do we really need dumb threads like this one?

Ummm I like those French fried potatoes...mmmmhmmmm
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I wouldn’t say that... But right now, it looks like Marvin never left.

Definitely don't want ML V 2.0, but they played better for him than Im seeing from ZT and Co. so far...and we did have some seasons when the talent was not there or had a lot of injuries. ML brought in some great assistant coaches too (Zimmer, Gruden, Joseph)
I have to give ZT a pass this season and see what he can do with a full yr to strategize and rebuild this mess . BLOW IT UP ZT!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:24 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Definitely don't want ML V 2.0, but they played better for him than Im seeing from ZT and Co. so far...and we did have some seasons when the talent was not there or had a lot of injuries. ML brought in some great assistant coaches too (Zimmer, Gruden, Joseph)
I have to give ZT a pass this season and see what he can do with a full yr to strategize and rebuild this mess . BLOW IT UP ZT!

My biggest concern right now is that Zac is merely bending over backwards for whatever mike and his family circus want to do.

The assistants that were hired this offseason were proven failure. Extending Bobby Hart was extending yet another proven failure. Not addressing the LB core was lazy and/or delusional.

So either Zac is now MB’s new bee-yotch and doesn’t have the testicular fortitude to stand up to their BS, or... Zac is cut from the same cloth as the brown family and actually believes this sorry team would be a contender. I don’t know which is worse
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: We know how much Mike loves Marvin, if this season ended up with 2 wins tops and Mike Brown fired Zac Taylor after one season and rehired Marvin, would that be the straw that broke the camels back for you as a fan?

Mike Brown's operating basis tends to be to burn bridges with people he fires and players who leave. There are numerous examples of this. There are a few examples of players leaving and later returning in good standing with Mike Brown, but those are few and far between.

So, the bigger question is, would Marvin even consider saying yes to returning? I say he'd say. "Thanks, but no thanks."

Besides, we know what Marvin can do. Sadly it's more than ZT can do.

The team needs to go in a different direction with proven people. The proven people don't need to boost about how good they are.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote