Poll: Would you trade Burrow for 5+ years of Belichick
Yes, give me Billy B running the show
No, I'll take the elite QB
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would You Trade Burrow for Belichick?
I have a controversial opinion that Coaching is highly Overeated in pro sports. So I would take Burrow no hesitation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:37 PM)J24 Wrote: I have a controversial opinion that Coaching is highly Overeated in pro sports. So I would take Burrow no hesitation.

Lots of invisible Burrow takers based on the poll! Thread says Billy Bob Belichick. Not sure that's his middle name but I'd like it to be.
Reply/Quote
Not sure I would do it just because of BBs age and you always need great players to win.

I was thinking that based on age/salary/potential is there anyone you would take in a straight up trade for Burrow? For me it would have to be QB just because of the value of the position. No guarantees with Burrow but most of the guys you would think about right away are too old (Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Wilson). The next group i would say no to are not proven enough and I think Joes just as safe of a bet on his rookie contract (Jackson/Watson/Murray).

The one yes from me would be Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
Cant stand bb... that would be the equivalent of me selling my soul to win the lottery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give me Bill B. He’ll cheat our way to at least one super bowl. That’s the way just about every championship is won in every sport. Either gotta join the Sox, Astros, pats and Steelers or be stuck as their punching bags for all eternity. If we get Burrow, the Steelers will just cheap shot him as soon as he starts to figure them out and derail his career. If we get Bill, well we know Pitt can’t beat him
Reply/Quote
If Belichick is fully running the organization for 5 years, then sign me up for that.

5 years that'd we'd be able to look back on and go "man, remember when we were a well run organization?"

A QB needs good coach, good OL, good WR, and to get all of that you need a good GM.
Bill Belichick is that good coach, and is that good GM. You don't have to worry about Bill being knocked out with a concussion or ACL tear from bad OL play or some dirty ass Steelers play.

I have to imagine that even if Bill left after 5 years, it'd still take another 2-3 for Mike Brown to properly F it all back up again, so 5 years as an excellent run organization and 2-3 as a decently run organization over 5+ years of a great prospect QB in a terribly run organization all day long.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hell no. You all are about to see that Belichick can’t “win with anyone” after Brady leaves. He’s a great coach, but you need the elite QB, too.

Reply/Quote
Want to say Billy B but if that means Dalton extension, then no deal. I'll take my chances with Burrow rather than watch the hoodie get Bungalized.
Reply/Quote
New England was a perfect storm. The right HC with the right QB with the right Owner, all at the right time. Belichick was a good coach in Cleveland but he wasn't what we see in NE and most likely we get more CLE Belichick over NE Belichick. Add in the fact the guy is 68 and most likely not coaching beyond 4 or 5 more years and you realize you can't recapture magic in a bottle and just roll with the pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 09:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: New England was a perfect storm. The right HC with the right QB with the right Owner, all at the right time. Belichick was a good coach in Cleveland but he wasn't what we see in NE and most likely we get more CLE Belichick over NE Belichick. Add in the fact the guy is 68 and most likely not coaching beyond 4 or 5 more years and you realize you can't recapture magic in a bottle and just roll with the pick.

He's the reason why Cleveland has won a playoff game more recently than Cincinnati.

He went 11-5 and won a playoff game with an offense consisting of Vinny Testaverde/Mark Rypien at QB, Leroy Hoard at RB, and Derrick Alexander/Mark Carrier at WR.

- - - - - - - -

Since 2000....
6x SB Champ
9x AFC Champ
.741 Winning %
Only 2 seasons under 10 wins

He has been one of the two HCs in the Superbowl 45% of the time over the last 2 decades.

.....I'll take even a fourth of that with the Bengals, please. Lol

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not sure I follow.  Burrow would still be the #1 pick in this scenario, which would be traded for the rights to Bill Belichick. An agreed upon 5 year deal to be our coach and GM would already be in place prior to completion.

So you'd be starting at the #33 pick and so on.... The #1 pick was used on Heisman Joey B.

My bad. Tough one. It would take the hoodie at least a year or two to cleanse the stink out of the FO on down. All new scouts, practice facility, GM, etc, etc. It would not be a one year turn around. So we're really looking at a 2-3 year window for him to make a run with his team. Then, *if* he leaves or retires, we don't know if MB goes back to being MB.

With Joey B, it's probably an immediate turnaround. Or maybe the next year, but it *should* not take as long for JB to get us back into the PO. But do we trust the FO to build a good enough team around him to win a SB? But he can also walk after 5 years, so...

I'll take the quick turnaround with higher chance of making a run in the PO.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'd trade Andy for BB. That's a win-win for all. ThumbsUp

Like I said before, BB wants to avenge his firing from Cleveland. Never forget.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 10:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's the reason why Cleveland has won a playoff game more recently than Cincinnati.

He went 11-5 and won a playoff game with an offense consisting of Vinny Testaverde/Mark Rypien at QB, Leroy Hoard at RB, and Derrick Alexander/Mark Carrier at WR.

- - - - - - - -

Since 2000....
6x SB Champ
9x AFC Champ
.741 Winning %
Only 2 seasons under 10 wins

He has been one of the two HCs in the Superbowl 45% of the time over the last 2 decades.

.....I'll take even a fourth of that with the Bengals, please. Lol

He was 36-44 at Cleveland, he was good but not great. Like I said, his success in New ENgland was the perfect storm and not something I think he can take on the road and replicate at that clip. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was 36-44 at Cleveland, he was good but not great. Like I said, his success in New ENgland was the perfect storm and not something I think he can take on the road and replicate at that clip. 

I don't think there's such a thing as a 2 decade long perfect storm. At that point it's a freaking landmark. Lol

Reply/Quote
Bill wouldn't last 30 seconds in this organization. He would have a blowout with the fat and disgraced (i_br#d) son of the Great Paul Brown, and in a fit of rage and diabetic shock would fire Bill paying out his entire contract with the NFL money this loaf has saved up.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think there's such a thing as a 2 decade long perfect storm. At that point it's a freaking landmark. Lol

Two decades with a great owner who gets him whatever he wants (Scouts/FA's/Staff/Facilities) while staying out of decision making. Two decades with arguably one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Two decades of the rest of their division being completely inept. Yea there is such a thing as a two decade long perfect storm (which is partially responsible for) and it's why I don't think it translates to as easy as picking him up and moving him and having the same results. They may still be very good results, but I do not think they would be at the same level somewhere else at a different time with a different QB. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Two decades with a great owner who gets him whatever he wants (Scouts/FA's/Staff/Facilities) while staying out of decision making. Two decades with arguably one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Two decades of the rest of their division being completely inept. Yea there is such a thing as a two decade long perfect storm (which is partially responsible for) and it's why I don't think it translates to as easy as picking him up and moving him and having the same results. They may still be very good results, but I do not think they would be at the same level somewhere else at a different time with a different QB. 

Mike Brown won't let you use a new roll of toilet paper without it going through him. We had no chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:23 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Mike Brown won't let you use a new roll of toilet paper without it going through him. We had no chance.

Have you made a single post not about Mike Brown yet?

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:23 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Mike Brown won't let you use a new roll of toilet paper without it going through him. We had no chance.

It's funny Jerry Jones tells the story about how after Belichick got fired when Cleveland moved he was out skiing in Colorado. He ran into Bill and Bill basically told him "hey if you need a coach I am your guy". Jerry Jones said didn't really consider him and kind of just went on, he says the rest is history. I don't think Bill Belichick would have been the same guy in Dallas with that owner either to be fair.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you made a single post not about Mike Brown yet?

No, I woke up today with a anti-mike in my heart. Need to air it out for a bit. As soon as I get my coffee I'll contribute something other than Mike Brown hatred.
Reply/Quote