Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Trade Up 4 Derick Stingley
Tiger

I'll go on the record to say that if hes healthy then he would be a top five pick imo. I'm asking the Nation how far would you go to get this kid and what would you give up?
That particular injury is tough especially for a CB.
https://youtu.be/kJ3rvbcXkAY
DSHL
https://youtu.be/eW2fovWE03s

I'd love for the Bengals to trade up for this kid right before pick 15 if he slips! With our current roster I'd sacrifice a 1&2 to move up and get a potential shutdown CB.
Reply/Quote
After today's Pro Day; I'd say DSJ moves back to the #1 CB off the board and inside the Top 10. I doubt our whole draft would be enough to move up to get him. It doesn't mean I wouldn't trade up to get a top CB but we're talking more McDuffie/Booth
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of using our 2023 first round pick (or other picks) to trade up, we will probably be picking late again anyway.

With Stingley I would love the theme using 3 first round picks in a row on players from that 2019 LSU Championship team.

Corner is also a VERY important position, especially if you are planning on winning the Super Bowl. It sure would suck to be patient and then have a run of corners go off the board before 31.
Reply/Quote
No.

I still have concerns about his injury history. And we still have holes to fill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 05:54 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: No.

I still have concerns about his injury history.  And we still have holes to fill

I say NO also. 

Someone good on Defense will fall to Bengals at Pick 31.  Bengals haven't drafted CB in a few years in round 1,  but even longer is drafting Linebacker or D Line in Round 1, and I don't ever remember a Round 1 Safety.   

Bengals set themselves up in Free Agency to look Defense in Round One, as per Bengals.com site. 

Trading up means Bengals have to give up extra in return. CBS has Eagles taking your CB-Stingley at 15, and ESPN has Cowboys taking him at 24. So he is not a Top 10 Pick on anybody's charts.  

ESPN thinks DeVonte Wyatt could fall to Bengals and that's OK by me.  A good pass rusher and run tackler who can play DE or DT out of Georgia. CBS has another Georgia player falling to Bengals in Linebacker Nakobe Dean.  Either would be good new Bengals.  Now if your CB-Stingley falls 31, and that is possible with maybe 3 other CB's going before him in Gardner, McDuffie, Booth. 

Myself, I hope DeVonte Wyatt falls to Bengals.  He is a DE who is big enough to play DT, and we didn't resign Ogungobi.  It would help coaches to have a good young 1st Round guy fall to Bengals who can play where coaches need filled on D Line in rotating packages in 2022. 

There will be a good player fall to 31, so NO need to trade up.  Heck, Stingley may still be there at 31 if 3 other CB'S get picked before him. 

Keep your eyes on Georgia Bulldogs. They have a LB and a D Lineman that one of them may fall down the ladder to Bengals, due to a run on O Line, QB's, WR's, CB's in round 1 by other teams. Bengals were smart to get Free Agent O Line help, because many teams before 31 are looking for O Line also. Many teams are now in dire need of a QB. So a very good Defensive Player should fall from around 15 down to 31, and THAT is our Steal at 31.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Negative on the huge trade for moving that far upward in the draft.

Edit: Not that Stingley isn't potentially an NFL superstar, just no on the principle of paying that much draft capitol to move that far up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 05:54 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: No.

I still have concerns about his injury history.  And we still have holes to fill

This
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:54 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I like the idea of using our 2023 first round pick (or other picks) to trade up, we will probably be picking late again anyway.

With Stingley I would love the theme using 3 first round picks in a row on players from that 2019 LSU Championship team.

Corner is also a VERY important position, especially if you are planning on winning the Super Bowl. It sure would suck to be patient and then have a run of corners go off the board before 31.

I like this idea, too. If there is a player they really want who won’t be there at 31. I think the Eagles would trade one of their two remaining 2022 first round picks for a 2023 first round pick. Howie Roseman supposedly wants to build draft capital for next year if they decide to draft a QB they have the ammo to trade up.

I’d suggest swapping the Bengals’ 2022 #31 and 2023 1st rounder in exchange for Eagles’ 2022 #18 and 2023 2nd rounder.

Overall, Bengals get a higher 1st and 2nd next year. Eagles get a 1st this year and more importantly the additional 1st next year Howie Roseman covets.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I like this idea, too. If there is a player they really want who won’t be there at 31. I think the Eagles would trade one of their two remaining 2022 first round picks for a 2023 first round pick. Howie Roseman supposedly wants to build draft capital for next year if they decide to draft a QB they have the ammo to trade up.

I’d suggest swapping the Bengals’ 2022 #31 and 2023 1st rounder in exchange for Eagles’ 2022 #18 and 2023 2nd rounder.

Overall, Bengals get a higher 1st and 2nd next year. Eagles get a 1st this year and more importantly the additional 1st next year Howie Roseman covets.

If we're using the trade value chart, our 1st and 3rd gets us to 25, our 1st and 2nd gets us to 19, and our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gets us to 16.  That would be the limit on what I would give to move up.  

I think if you go that route, you need to use FA to fill out the rest of the key depth needs, like S, 3tech, and WR.  
Reply/Quote
No. At this point, this team needs all of the draft picks they can get. That's the only way to add cheap, good players. We are going to need some with the upcoming re-signings.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: If we're using the trade value chart, our 1st and 3rd gets us to 25, our 1st and 2nd gets us to 19, and our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gets us to 16.  That would be the limit on what I would give to move up.  

I think if you go that route, you need to use FA to fill out the rest of the key depth needs, like S, 3tech, and WR.  

That’s why I didn’t suggest trading away multiple picks this year. What I suggested basically involves swapping draft positions. The Bengals get a higher 1st this year and next year’s 1st basically gets converted to a 2nd. The Eagles get a lower 1st this year, but their 2023 2nd basically gets converted to a 1st. The Bengals don’t lose a pick, they exchange draft positions. But, only if they are targeting a specific player. If they aren’t, stand pat or trade back.

The Eagles made the trade with the Saints to get a 2023 1st. In my opinion, Roseman doesn’t deal #18 unless it involves a 2023 1st.

The reason the Eagles might consider it is because Roseman is positioning the Eagles to draft a QB next year unless Jalen Hurts’ play this year makes Roseman reconsider.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 12:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: If we're using the trade value chart, our 1st and 3rd gets us to 25, our 1st and 2nd gets us to 19, and our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gets us to 16.  That would be the limit on what I would give to move up.  

You could include 2023 pick(s) too, but you basically have to up-round those picks when considering value.
For example, it's generally considered that a 1st rounder next year is about the equivalent of a 2nd rounder this year.

Just a possible option if not wanting to give up too many picks this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:54 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I'll go on the record to say that if hes healthy then he would be a top five pick imo. I'm asking the Nation how far would you go to get this kid and what would you give up?
That particular injury is tough especially for a CB.
https://youtu.be/kJ3rvbcXkAY
DSHL
https://youtu.be/eW2fovWE03s

I'd love for the Bengals to trade up for this kid right before pick 15 if he slips! With our current roster I'd sacrifice a 1&2 to move up and get a potential shutdown CB.

So many people have no idea there is a draft value chart (many of them actually, but the math works out pretty much the same).

Reply/Quote
If this guy magically slipped past Minnesota and somehow into the 15-20 range, yes. The cost might be ridiculous though and justifiably a terrible idea. He is without a doubt the best CB in this class. IMO.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote