Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would anyone be upset with WR in the 1st?
I would be happy with a WR. Even though DE is a massive need, I think this draft class is deep enough there to get strong talent in the 2nd at that spot.

I'mm really liking the Corey Davis kid out of Western Michigan.

I think he is lightening quick, like Chad, but a very physical player and runner with the ball.

I wouldn't be upset in the least if the Bengals go with this kid. He's my favorite WR in this draft and I think the BEngals need something special to take heat off of AJ Green on the outside and keep the middle opened up for Eifert and the RBs.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would be happy with a WR. Even though DE is a massive need, I think this draft class is deep enough there to get strong talent in the 2nd at that spot.

I think he is lightening quick, like Chad, but a very physical player and runner with the ball.

I wouldn't be upset in the least if the Bengals go with this kid. He's my favorite WR in this draft and I think the BEngals need something special to take heat off of AJ Green on the outside and keep the middle opened up for Eifert and the RBs.

I would be happy with Corey Davis or John Ross. These guys are so fast they would help out immediately.

Corey has more size than JR which is why i like him just a touch more, but not by much. Ross is a good receiver too.

He isn't just fast, he runs good routes and has good hands to go along with that amazing speed and quicks. 

I am down on Mike Williams after the combine. Dude must be real slow and didn't want to show it.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would be happy with a WR. Even though DE is a massive need, I think this draft class is deep enough there to get strong talent in the 2nd at that spot.

At this point, I think it should be Solomon Thomas if he's there, a WR if not. Maybe Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker, but I'd be shocked to see either of them get reps as a rookie.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be happy with Corey Davis or John Ross. These guys are so fast they would help out immediately.

Corey has more size than JR which is why i like him just a touch more, but not by much. Ross is a good receiver too.

He isn't just fast, he runs good routes and has good hands to go along with that amazing speed and quicks. 

I am down on Mike Williams after the combine. Dude must be real slow and didn't want to show it.

This is my thinking too. His excuse was it was "a long season". Please, his teammates Watson and Gallman ran the 40. The Alabama players ran at the Combine.
Hell, even Derek Barnett ran at the Combine after being sick just 24 hours before.

If I'm taking a WR in the first, I want a competitor. Not someone who might be afraid of his draft stock dropping because of poor performance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is my thinking too. His excuse was it was "a long season". Please, his teammates Watson and Gallman ran the 40. The Alabama players ran at the Combine.
Hell, even Derek Barnett ran at the Combine after being sick just 24 hours before.

If I'm taking a WR in the first, I want a competitor. Not someone who might be afraid of his draft stock dropping because of poor performance.

Feel the exact same way. :andy:

To me it is even worse than Treadwell last year and we all saw how disappointing of a rookie season he had.

Core had a better season and didn't get to play until the last few games.
Reply/Quote
I honestly would be for a little bit. I like all three of the top WRs. But this WR class seems pretty damn deep.

We have 3 WRs entering their 2nd year. I have high hopes for Boyd. Core has a high ceiling, and Erickson is a football player. On top of that we have one of the top 5 WRs in the game.

We can have all the WRs in the world, if we can't pass block then it doesn't matter.

I for sure want a WR in the draft. I just don't know if one will be worth the #9 pick and it isn't at the top of our needs list.

I think we can get a decent WR in the 4th or 5th. Where as the OL and pass rush options that late don't look so hot.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 07:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I honestly would be for a little bit. I like all three of the top WRs. But this WR class seems pretty damn deep.

We have 3 WRs entering their 2nd year. I have high hopes for Boyd. Core has a high ceiling, and Erickson is a football player. On top of that we have one of the top 5 WRs in the game.

We can have all the WRs in the world, if we can't pass block then it doesn't matter.

I for sure want a WR in the draft. I just don't know if one will be worth the #9 pick and it isn't at the top of our needs list.

I think we can get a decent WR in the 4th or 5th. Where as the OL and pass rush options that late don't look so hot.

So you are saying Cam Robinson or a pass rusher at 9? Gotcha.
Reply/Quote
What about OJ Howard?

He is Basically a WR, ala Eifert.

Give me an Offense w/

Dalton

Gio/Hill

AJ/Boyd/Eifert/Howard

Sign a WR like Keny Britt.

And just try and out score everyone.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 07:38 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: What about OJ Howard?

Give me an Offense w/

Dalton

Gio/Hill

AJ/Boyd/Eifert/Howard

The good thing about Howard is that he's a blocker too.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 07:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I honestly would be for a little bit. I like all three of the top WRs. But this WR class seems pretty damn deep.

Same.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be happy with Corey Davis or John Ross. These guys are so fast they would help out immediately.

In the combine interview, he said that he didn't get enough time to prepare for the 40 yard dash after the championship so decided not to run it, he said he will run it in his pro day though.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote

Give me an Offense w/

Dalton

Gio/Hill

AJ/Boyd/Eifert/Howard

Reps for being original. Would be great insurance in case Eifert is never the same.

Not against this and going pass rusher, C, OT or G in the 2nd.

(03-06-2017, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: The good thing about Howard is that he's a blocker too.  

True.

(03-06-2017, 07:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: In the combine interview, he said that he didn't get enough time to prepare for the 40 yard dash after the championship so decided not to run it, he said he will run it in his pro day though.

Heard that just don't know if i believe it. We already knew he was not the fastest receiver.

Pro days are timed different and i guess he will feel more comfortable but we need speed, i like Corey Davis and John Ross more for us.

Wouldn't hate Mike Williams at 9 though.
Reply/Quote
Yes, even though he would be a great athlete, I would be upset with the Bengals taking a WR in the 1st.  I'm still hoping the team goes LB or DE at 9.  I would be less upset if they went RB or even S.  For example, if Malik Hooker is sitting there at 9, you almost have to be brain dead to not take him, and trade Shawn Williams down the road.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I'd be ecstatic with John Ross.  He can take the top off of defenses, run routes, and take short throws to the house.  With him on the other side of AJ, the opposition blitzes at their peril, and the S's are in for a long day.

I'd be ok with Davis, provided Garrett, Allen, and Thomas are gone.  I like him a little better than the 2nd tier of DE's like Barnett, Charlton, and McDowell.

Williams is a bit of a wild card.  He was my top WR after the bowl games, but his combine was pretty disastrous.  His Pro Day will mean a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be happy with Corey Davis or John Ross. These guys are so fast they would help out immediately.

This
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be happy with Corey Davis or John Ross. These guys are so fast they would help out immediately.

Cant wait till his pro day i get the feeling its going to come out he was injured. Didnt participate ijn any of the drills.would throw the remote through the tv if we draft ross. Its davis/williams then a very big drop off.
(03-06-2017, 06:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: At this point, I think it should be Solomon Thomas if he's there, a WR if not. Maybe Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker, but I'd be shocked to see either of them get reps as a rookie.
Not trying to be agressive in any way but dont we want sacks? Thomas didnt have a kot if aacks or production innhis college career. Dont understand the hype. Give me mcdowell, kpassagnon, walker, etc before thomas. I value production.

Give me an Offense w/

Dalton

Gio/Hill

AJ/Boyd/Eifert/Howard

Howard isnt a great blocker though and for us to run 2 te sets u need great blocking out of one of ur tight enda. A guy like jake butt would be perfect jason witten 2.0
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: The good thing about Howard is that he's a blocker too.  
nowhere near jake butt as a blocker though.
Reply/Quote
When will the butt man go?

I could see myself liking some major butt in round 2 or 3?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cant wait till his pro day i get the feeling its going to come out he was injured. Didnt participate ijn any of the drills.would throw the remote through the tv if we draft ross. Its davis/williams then a very big drop off.

Jpoore i know you are a Mikey Williams fan but this is a concern and we need speed at the WR position.

Ross is the fastest WR ever and can run good routes and catch the ball. If you want to throw your remote at the TV for us
adding a gamebreaking WR that just beats the shit out of single coverage you are rooting for the wrong team.

Like McC said, i would love to have John Ross lining up against the Steelers twice a year. Torch the bastids!

(03-06-2017, 10:00 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: When will the butt man go?  

I could see myself liking some major butt in round 2 or 3?

Hilarious

So childish yet made me lol, i like you dude. Rock On

Jake Butt might last to the 3rd or even 4th after the injury and i would be all for drafting him.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jpoore i know you are a Mikey Williams fan but this is a concern and we need speed at the WR position.

Ross is the fastest WR ever and can run good routes and catch the ball. If you want to throw your remote at the TV for us
adding a gamebreaking WR that just beats the shit out of single coverage you are rooting for the wrong team.

Like McC said, i would love to have John Ross lining up against the Steelers twice a year. Torch the bastids!

Hilarious

So childish yet made me lol, i like you dude. Rock On

Jake Butt might last to the 3rd or even 4th after the injury and i would be all for drafting him.

Hah. Thanks man!
Reply/Quote