Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would love this draft.
I would love to see this draft. I’m sure other players will rise/fall on my board. Curious how this ages.

Brock Bowers
TE Georgia

T'Vondre Sweat
DLI Texas

R. Orhorhoro
DLI
Clemson

Johnny Wilson
WR
Florida State

Mohamed Kamara
EDGE
Colorado State

Ben Sinnott
TE Kansas State

Ethan Driskell
OT Marshall

Charles Turner III
C. LSU

Kamal Hadden
CB Tennessee
Reply/Quote
I have one question given the current roster situation and that would be who is playing RT?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 10:13 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I have one question given the current roster situation and that would be who is playing RT?

Hopefully Driskell will pan out. But I gotta say, I’m not too confident in any of the Olinemen FA’s or draft picks with Pollack coach. They have thrown a ton of money at this line the past couple years, with pro bowl caliber players but they seem to regress under Pollack.
Reply/Quote
What positions would you be having them cover in FA?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 07:19 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hopefully Driskell will pan out. But I gotta say, I’m not too confident in any of the Olinemen FA’s or draft picks with Pollack coach. They have thrown a ton of money at this line the past couple years, with pro bowl caliber players but they seem to regress under Pollack.

You really feel like he can step in and handle NFL pass rushers on day 1?  I view Driskell as a good 2 year developmental prospect.  Maybe sign a FA veteran to bridge the gap.  That way if Driskell wows and does start in year 1, we at least have veteran depth in case of injury or stumble in development.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Solid draft but mocks really are impacted by Free agent signings or lack there of.. I am curious what you considered for FA signing with your mock ? especially since you did not draft a OT till 3rd day, which is a project type pick
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 07:19 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hopefully Driskell will pan out. But I gotta say, I’m not too confident in any of the Olinemen FA’s or draft picks with Pollack coach. They have thrown a ton of money at this line the past couple years, with pro bowl caliber players but they seem to regress under Pollack.

Do you mean pan out in '24? Driskell by all accounts and by the film I have seen of him he is a project with some anchor and strength issues as this point in time.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Do you mean pan out in '24? Driskell by all accounts and by the film I have seen of him he is a project with some anchor and strength issues as this point in time.

Yeah Driskell is a bench warmer for a cpl seasons easily.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah Driskell is a bench warmer for a cpl seasons easily.

I Know there is a lot of talk about Fuauga, Latham, Mims, and Guyton but there are some guys that could be gotten in the second to fourth round that I firmly believe could be day 1 starters at RT and those are :

Kingsley Suamataia - BYU
Kiran Amegadjie - Yale
Blake Fisher - Notre Dame

I have become a big fan of Suamataia from BYU and I think he could be an outstanding RT at the NFL level. It are players like these three that I believe could allow the Bengals to get creative with their draft and maybe trade down to add picks on the second and third day. I feel like if there was ever a draft here of late for them to trade back and really be able to benefit from it I believe it is this draft. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:17 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I Know there is a lot of talk about Fuauga, Latham, Mims, and Guyton but there are some guys that could be gotten in the second to fourth round that I firmly believe could be day 1 starters at RT and those are :

Kingsley Suamataia - BYU
Kiran Amegadjie - Yale
Blake Fisher - Notre Dame

I have become a big fan of Suamataia from BYU and I think he could be an outstanding RT at the NFL level. It are players like these three that I believe could allow the Bengals to get creative with their draft and maybe trade down to add picks on the second and third day. I feel like if there was ever a draft here of late for them to trade back and really be able to benefit from it I believe it is this draft. 

Kinglsey will destroy us in the run game his run blocking is not good at all yet. He would need to be a backup for a couple of years IMO. Same as Fisher. Amegadjie I think could start sooner IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:22 PM)pulses Wrote: Kinglsey will destroy us in the run game his run blocking is not good at all yet. He would need to be a backup for a couple of years IMO. Same as Fisher. Amegadjie I think could start sooner IMO.

After Senior bowl, Kinglsey has been moving up the board. many draft analysis boards seems to not agree with you.. his run blocking grades are reading solid and his getting to 2nd level is impressive and if he shows his elite athletic ability at the combine he will be positioned to go round 1 to early round 2 and can be a starter day 1
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 09:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After Senior bowl, Kinglsey has been moving up the board. many draft analysis boards seems to not agree with you.. his run blocking grades are reading solid and his getting to 2nd level is impressive and  if he shows his elite athletic ability  at the combine he will be positioned to go round 1 to early round 2 and can be a starter day 1

This is from nfldraftbuzz

Scouting Report: Weaknesses
  • Occasionally upright in his stance, leading to inconsistent hand placement and vulnerability to defenders.
  • Processing and recognition of defensive schemes need refinement, affecting his ability to counter stunts and blitzes effectively.
  • Shows a tendency for over-aggression, resulting in missed blocks against more elusive defenders.
  • Needs to improve pad level and leverage to maintain consistency against powerful rushers.
  • Occasional lapses in balance and technique, this is much more obvious in the run game where his blocking needs a lot of work
  • Needs to improve the coordination of his hands and feet. Sometimes loses balance in the run game, lunging into contact rather than sinking his hips and delivering a block.
Scouting Report: Summary
Kingsley Suamataia brings to the draft a solid foundation in pass protection, characterized by his excellent quickness, hand technique, and ability to neutralize edge rushers. His performance in both left and right tackle positions showcases his adaptability and potential to secure the perimeter against the NFL's elite defensive talents. However, while his pass-blocking skills are notably advanced, Suamataia's capabilities as a run blocker present an area for development. The physicality and precision required to dominate in the run game are aspects that he must enhance to become a more complete offensive lineman.

In the run game, Suamataia needs to work on maintaining a lower pad level, leveraging his blocks more consistently, and improving his footwork to create and sustain running lanes. The occasional lapses in balance and the tendency to overextend against moving targets underscore the need for refinement. Developing these areas of his game will be crucial for him to maximize his effectiveness in an NFL offensive scheme that demands versatility and reliability from its linemen.

Suamataia's draft stock remains high due to his undeniable elite athletic ability strengths and super high upside. At just 21 years old, his physical tools, combined with his experience and versatility, make him a promising prospect With quality coaching and development, Suamataia has the potential to evolve into a standout offensive tackle in the NFL, particularly in pass-first systems that can harness his excellent pass protection skills from day one.

Seems like he still some work to do.  A little showing at the Senior Bowl helps but what's on tape and what he done then in the bigger picture is what matters. He has huge upside no doubt. We won't be starting a rookie at RT this year anyways we'll sign a FA to start.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 09:48 PM)pulses Wrote: This is from nfldraftbuzz

Scouting Report: Weaknesses
  • Occasionally upright in his stance, leading to inconsistent hand placement and vulnerability to defenders.
  • Processing and recognition of defensive schemes need refinement, affecting his ability to counter stunts and blitzes effectively.
  • Shows a tendency for over-aggression, resulting in missed blocks against more elusive defenders.
  • Needs to improve pad level and leverage to maintain consistency against powerful rushers.
  • Occasional lapses in balance and technique, this is much more obvious in the run game where his blocking needs a lot of work
  • Needs to improve the coordination of his hands and feet. Sometimes loses balance in the run game, lunging into contact rather than sinking his hips and delivering a block.
Scouting Report: Summary
Kingsley Suamataia brings to the draft a solid foundation in pass protection, characterized by his excellent quickness, hand technique, and ability to neutralize edge rushers. His performance in both left and right tackle positions showcases his adaptability and potential to secure the perimeter against the NFL's elite defensive talents. However, while his pass-blocking skills are notably advanced, Suamataia's capabilities as a run blocker present an area for development. The physicality and precision required to dominate in the run game are aspects that he must enhance to become a more complete offensive lineman.

In the run game, Suamataia needs to work on maintaining a lower pad level, leveraging his blocks more consistently, and improving his footwork to create and sustain running lanes. The occasional lapses in balance and the tendency to overextend against moving targets underscore the need for refinement. Developing these areas of his game will be crucial for him to maximize his effectiveness in an NFL offensive scheme that demands versatility and reliability from its linemen.

Suamataia's draft stock remains high due to his undeniable elite athletic ability strengths and super high upside. At just 21 years old, his physical tools, combined with his experience and versatility, make him a promising prospect With quality coaching and development, Suamataia has the potential to evolve into a standout offensive tackle in the NFL, particularly in pass-first systems that can harness his excellent pass protection skills from day one.

Seems like he still some work to do.  A little showing at the Senior Bowl helps but what's on tape and what he done then in the bigger picture is what matters. He has huge upside no doubt. We won't be starting a rookie at RT this year anyways we'll sign a FA to start.

Nice summary from PFN below, just don;t see him as a 2 year project, most analysis seem him as a starter day 1. Regardless this is a great year for RTs, we should get a quality one either in 1st or 2nd round if we choose one.

Current Draft Projection and Summary
Suamataia grades out as a top-50 prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft, who could earn late Round 1 consideration from NFL teams. At just 21 years old, Suamataia already has left-right versatility, two years of experience, and an elite physical foundation to build on.

At 6’6″ and 325 pounds, Suamataia looms over the competition, and his combination of elite explosiveness, mass, and high-end length grants him quantifiably elite power capacity. He can use that power to drive open lanes in the run game and shock rushers with violent punches in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
If we get a RT in FA like Onwenu I would love this Draft. Got my 2 favorite TE's, my favorite NT and one of my fave 3-tech's in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:22 PM)pulses Wrote: Kinglsey will destroy us in the run game his run blocking is not good at all yet. He would need to be a backup for a couple of years IMO. Same as Fisher. Amegadjie I think could start sooner IMO.

I could not possibly disagree with post more than I currently do. What exactly is it that you base this erroneous statement on? Your evaluation does not at all reflect what he has put on film and is completely contradictory of virtually every scouting report that I have seen printed on this young man.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 09:27 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I could not possibly disagree with post more than I currently do. What exactly is it that you base this erroneous statement on? Your evaluation does not at all reflect what he has put on film and is completely contradictory of virtually every scouting report that I have seen printed on this young man.

I showed you the report the other day. You have your opinion and I have mine.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we get a RT in FA like Onwenu I would love this Draft. Got my 2 favorite TE's, my favorite NT and one of my fave 3-tech's in this Draft.

Thanks man, yea I really wanted an OT and C a lot sooner in this mock but Brock kinda threw a wrench in that plan, couldn’t pass on him. Really like Sinnott also. I have the same feeling with him as I had with LaPorta last year. I just don’t want to see us draft a WR in the first. I know spot depends on Tee, we just have bigger needs. It’s been one year and not a full year with Burrow, for the young receivers. I think they will step up nicely. Who is your biggest “Sleeper” in this draft?
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 09:51 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Thanks man, yea I really wanted an OT and C a lot sooner in this mock but Brock kinda threw a wrench in that plan, couldn’t pass on him. Really like Sinnott also. I have the same feeling with him as I had with LaPorta last year. I just don’t want to see us draft a WR in the first. I know spot depends on Tee, we just have bigger needs. It’s been one year and not a full year with Burrow, for the young receivers. I think they will step up nicely. Who is your biggest “Sleeper” in this draft?

YW. Yes sir, if Brock Bowers is there, you take him and I believe we will if he is. Sinnott also reminds me of LaPorta, good call, but Sinnott 
can also play H-back already and can do it all and pass catch well. Very underrated TE in this Draft.

My biggest sleeper right now is probably Dorlus the DT from Oregon. This guy just collapsed the interior of OL's every time I watched him,
was a wrecking crew like Geno from back in the day when I watched him. Kimani Vidal RB is another sleeper that is being mentioned in the 
late rounds and he can pass block, has great burst, is hard to tackle, can catch the ball out of the backfield and led the Nation in rushing.

Tyrone Tracy is another RB who seems to be forgotten about who is a gamebreaker. Malachi Corley is a WR that is crazy talented that I 
would love to add in the 2nd or 3rd, but that might be too early for you as you have WR as less of a need than I do.

As long as we get a DT and a RT in FA I am happy with a lot of scenarios. I doubt we ignore these positions in FA. They are obvious as hell.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 09:49 PM)pulses Wrote: I showed you the report the other day. You have your opinion and I have mine.

No you did not that was a discussion about Blake Fisher the kid from Notre Dame. This is the first time I have engaged in a discussion regarding Kingsley Sumamataia. Oh, and I do disagree with your assessment of Fisher as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: YW. Yes sir, if Brock Bowers is there, you take him and I believe we will if he is. Sinnott also reminds me of LaPorta, good call, but Sinnott 
can also play H-back already and can do it all and pass catch well. Very underrated TE in this Draft.

My biggest sleeper right now is probably Dorlus the DT from Oregon. This guy just collapsed the interior of OL's every time I watched him,
was a wrecking crew like Geno from back in the day when I watched him. Kimani Vidal RB is another sleeper that is being mentioned in the 
late rounds and he can pass block, has great burst, is hard to tackle, can catch the ball out of the backfield and led the Nation in rushing.

Tyrone Tracy is another RB who seems to be forgotten about who is a gamebreaker. Malachi Corley is a WR that is crazy talented that I 
would love to add in the 2nd or 3rd, but that might be too early for you as you have WR as less of a need than I do.

As long as we get a DT and a RT in FA I am happy with a lot of scenarios. I doubt we ignore these positions in FA. They are obvious as hell.

I certainly hope you are wrong about Bowers. I would love to see them hold out and take Sinnott later and as well draft Tanner Mclachlan from Arizona in the 7th.
Reply/Quote