Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would the Bengals...
...have at least 1 win right now if they had kept Dalton and drafted either Chase Young or Andrew Thomas? (You pick whomever you think would contribute to a W right now more between the two.)

If so, would they have 2 wins?

Discuss.

- - - - - -

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I am not sure about two wins.. I think with the improvements they made in offseason.. Dalton beats Chargers but Browns still beat Bengals.. Atkins out even with Young we would not stop the run plus Browns did something they have needed to do.. they went to the run and allowed Mayfield to do well in playaction...
Reply/Quote
Maybe, but they'd have far fewer wins over the next 10-15 years. Moot point.
Reply/Quote
There was no way to take anyone but Burrow. He is CLEARLY the only thing that looks like a potential Champion on this team.

That being said, they absolutely could have two wins right now because the haul they likely could have gotten for that #1 overall pick would have given them a lot more picks, but who knows if those would have turned out to be more Billy Prices?
Reply/Quote
Dalton is gone. This thread is useless. Arguments based on hindsight are just arguments for the sake of arguing. Not one person here can quote a post from last year where they argued that we should keep Dalton and pass on a QB with the #1 pick

I supported Andy as much as anyone here, but even I agreed it was time for him to go.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:36 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Maybe, but they'd have far fewer wins over the next 10-15 years. Moot point.

If Burrow lasts that long. The way he is getting hit, he really is on the Luck path. Injuries and early retirement.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:36 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Maybe, but they'd have far fewer wins over the next 10-15 years. Moot point.

This. Unless you have a franchise QB that’s what you draft with a pick that high. Especially with a special talent like Burrow coming out.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This. Unless you have a franchise QB that’s what you draft with a pick that high. Especially with a special talent like Burrow coming out.

Well in two or three years we can start looking to draft another one just like the Colts get to do.

Burrow may be great, but like Luck, Palmer, Klingler, Carr, etc, you can't complete a pass from the turf. Burrow gets hit seemingly every time he drops back to pass. That is not only going to ruin him physically, it is not doing him any favors for his development. Kid should be holding a clip board and letting some vet get pounded behind this make shift O-line.  He will not last at the current pace.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well in two or three years we can start looking to draft another one just like the Colts get to do.

Burrow may be great, but like Luck, Palmer, Klingler, Carr, etc, you can't complete a pass from the turf. Burrow gets hit seemingly every time he drops back to pass. That is not only going to ruin him physically, it is not doing him any favors for his development. Kid should be holding a clip board and letting some vet get pounded behind this make shift O-line.  He will not last at the current pace.

I mean the OL is obviously a huge problem but we’re not going to play Joey Bosa/Myles Garrett quality rushers every week.

Russell Wilson has had no OL forever and he’s done fine. Just one example to counter some of the guys it did effect.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean the OL is obviously a huge problem but we’re not going to play Joey Bosa/Myles Garrett quality rushers every week.

Russell Wilson has had no OL forever and he’s done fine. Just one example to counter some of the guys it did effect.

We get the Browns twice, and the Steelers twice and the Ravens twice.

That is six games every season where you know he'll be under siege relentlessly. Bud Dupree and T.J. Twatt are going to try and injure the kid, there is no doubt and this O-line won't be able to stop them.

Baltimore sends Wolfe, Judon and Calais Campbell.

We play the Colts with Justin Houston, also have the Titans on the schedule with Clowney, and the Texans with J.J. Watt... every team in the league has atleast one or two guys who can get after the QB.

I said it another thread and I'll repeat it here, I'll be surprised if he plays all 16 games. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We get the Browns twice, and the Steelers twice and the Ravens twice.

That is six games every season where you know he'll be under siege relentlessly. Bud Dupree and T.J. Twatt are going to try and injure the kid, there is no doubt and this O-line won't be able to stop them.

Baltimore sends Wolfe, Judon and Calais Campbell.

We play the Colts with Justin Houston, also have the Titans on the schedule with Clowney, and the Texans with J.J. Watt... every team in the league has atleast one or two guys who can get after the QB.

I said it another thread and I'll repeat it here, I'll be surprised if he plays all 16 games.

People said the same thing about Dalton for 4 years. And his only injuries were flukes.

Ofc the OL needs to be addressed more. But let’s not plan Burrow’s retirement press conference just yet...

Reply/Quote
Chase Young would have probably helped the Bengals the most these past two games.
Thomas would have also had challenges with Bosa and Garrett, so he's less likely to have made a huge impact.
But Burrow also has done some things Dalton wouldn't (or couldn't) have been able to do.
Burrow > Dalton already IMO
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I thought Burrows arm strength was above average. according to a couple of analysts his arm is average. With mediocre arm strength the ceiling is much lower. basically he needs a great supporting cast to become great without the arm their is a limit to what he can accomplish without a elite roster behind him.
Reply/Quote
No
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We'd probably have 1 win if he would have went to the Chargers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm willing to trade 2 losses for a good shot at a franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase Young would have probably helped the Bengals the most these past two games.
Thomas would have also had challenges with Bosa and Garrett, so he's less likely to have made a huge impact.
But Burrow also has done some things Dalton wouldn't (or couldn't) have been able to do.
Burrow > Dalton already IMO

There's little doubt
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'd probably have 1 win if he would have went to the Chargers

Burrow is so much better than Dalton it's not even close. Anyone could see this.. Who gives a shit if we did win 1 of these 2.  I'D rather lose both and get Burrow all this playing time and getting him acclimated to the NFL speed. Seems it's not gonna take long..
Reply/Quote
No. Burrow has kept drives alive with his legs and savvy.

5/5 on 4th down is not a Dalton stat. 61 attempts with no ints, don’t see dalton doing that either.

Burrow is making this team look way better than they are.
Reply/Quote