Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would the Texans have wanted McCarron?
We know they love Watson, but Tom Savage might be as big a turd as Mallet. Could they have wanted McCarron for this season if Watson went down before the deadline?

I had them as one team I didn't want to see get a QB because of the strength of the rest of their roster.

Moot point, but interesting to debate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 02:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We know they love Watson, but Tom Savage might be as big a turd as Mallet.  Could they have wanted McCarron for this season if Watson went down before the deadline?

I had them as one team I didn't want to see get a QB because of the strength of the rest of their roster.  

Moot point, but interesting to debate.

This was by far the worst case scenario for the Texans.  They had a great chance to take the AFC south.  My guess is no they wouldn't have wanted Mccarron because it would have taken 5-6 games for him to get up to speed.  That being said they do need a competent backup but Mccarron is probably going to require low starter money as a backup. 
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not. They've found a potential superstar in Watson. They might have had a shot at a run with Watson, Mccarron would have been a waste of a high pick they'd rather use to build a team around Watson.
Reply/Quote
Watson is the future. I doubt that they'd give up a ton of resources for 8 games of McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 03:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Watson is the future. I doubt that they'd give up a ton of resources for 8 games of McCarron.

I get this, but the money is cheap and the draft pick could have been just a 2nd and a kicker, and it isn't like they would be at the top of the 2nd.  

So much would depend on the free agency case for AJ.  If he isn't a free agent after this season, he could be a worthy trade piece for them after Watson returns.  With their defense and an even solid offense, they had as good a chance as pitt, NE, or the Chiefs, IMHO.

It would have been interesting, and maybe there is a bidding war with Cleveland.  Sadly, it happened a few days too late.  (Sad for them it happened at all, of course)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 04:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get this, but the money is cheap and the draft pick could have been just a 2nd and a kicker, and it isn't like they would be at the top of the 2nd.  

So much would depend on the free agency case for AJ.  If he isn't a free agent after this season, he could be a worthy trade piece for them after Watson returns.  With their defense and an even solid offense, they had as good a chance as pitt, NE, or the Chiefs, IMHO.

It would have been interesting, and maybe there is a bidding war with Cleveland.  Sadly, it happened a few days too late.  (Sad for them it happened at all, of course)

I doubt a 2nd got him. IF that's all it took...the Browns would have him. What I've heard is the Browns made and offer and the Bengals asked for more...then with about an hour or so to go the Browns called back and met the offer.

Being that the Browns pick at the Top of the draft...it's conceivable the Bengals would have wanted 2 2nds for AJ.

While the Bengals were willing to trade him for a high price...I don't think the would trade him for just anything or the deal would have been done with the Browns.
Reply/Quote