Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last one
Round 1 Pick 11: Devin White, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Irv Smith Jr, TE, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 8: Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio St. (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Trysten Hill, DT, UCF (A)
Round 6 Pick 10: Travis Homer, RB, Miami (Fla.) (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Cameron Smith, ILB, USC (A+)
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Martez Ivey, OT, Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Will Harris, FS/SS, Boston College (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Alex Bars, OG, Notre Dame (A)
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
love the players for the most part...ill start lighting candles and praying heavily they all fall that far cuz only god can make this mock happen.
Reply/Quote
Isaiah Prince? He's not only a questionable blocker at best, but he's a freakin' penalty machine. I'm talking this guy is on a Cedric Ogbuehi level of craptacular performance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am preparing myself for White to be gone by 11.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 12:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Isaiah Prince?  He's not only a questionable blocker at best, but he's a freakin' penalty machine.  I'm talking this guy is on a Cedric Ogbuehi level of craptacular performance.

I'm with you on that. I'd take Max Sharping way before Prince.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 12:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am preparing myself for White to be gone by 11.

Eh, you never know. Joel Klatt has us taking White. I'm still not 100% convinced he won't be there for us. Klatt has the Bucs, who's been the concenous favorite to get White, going DL and the Broncos, another landing spot for White, taking Hockenson to help Flacco out....
Reply/Quote
It's not a bad draft, but I think an offensive tackle would make a lot more sense in the second, than taking a corner. Not that you can't always use a good corner, but I think tackle is a more pressing need. In fact, if both Devins are gone when we pick in the first, I would take one of the top tackles.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 12:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Isaiah Prince?  He's not only a questionable blocker at best, but he's a freakin' penalty machine.  I'm talking this guy is on a Cedric Ogbuehi level of craptacular performance.

He's actually a really good run blocker.  He had a down year this year after a good year last year.  I probably wouldn't take him in 4, but if he's still there with one of our 6s he's worth the risk.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 07:35 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: He's actually a really good run blocker.  He had a down year this year after a good year last year.  I probably wouldn't take him in 4, but if he's still there with one of our 6s he's worth the risk.

I'm not so sure about that.  I watch pretty much all OSU games, so I've had plenty of time to form an overall opinion of this guy.  He's had a few games where he performed well, but his typical play isn't that great, even in the running game.  But, if they saw him as a good developmental project, I think that he might still be there in the late rounds.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 08:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure about that.  I watch pretty much all OSU games, so I've had plenty of time to form an overall opinion of this guy.  He's had a few games where he performed well, but his typical play isn't that great, even in the running game.  But, if they saw him as a good developmental project, I think that he might still be there in the late rounds.

I mean a 4th round guy still kinda is a developmental player. I dont know too many teams who are throwing 4th rounders out there to start on Day 1.
Prince has got upside and penalties can be coached.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 09:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I mean a 4th round guy still kinda is a developmental player. I dont know too many teams who are throwing 4th rounders out there to start on Day 1.
Prince has got upside and penalties can be coached.

If you believe in the guy, then by all means include him in your mock.  Personally, I wouldn't have chosen him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am with Sunset on the Prince pick, i take Sharping or Edoga there. The rest of the Mock is solid to very good.
Reply/Quote